Oh FFS, REALLY!?!?!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2015, 07:16 AM
RE: Oh FFS, REALLY!?!?!
(09-08-2015 12:42 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  My closest-aged cousin just posted this video on Facebook, with the caption "A Must Listen!" (endquote)

https://www.facebook.com/PastorLocke/vid...8/?fref=nf

Warning: stand by for facepalming to the possible extent of actual brain damage.

I made it to green grass and daffodils and couldn't go any more.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2015, 07:30 AM
(09-08-2015 07:16 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  I made it to green grass and daffodils and couldn't go any more.

I got a little further... god didn't create disease, it was the curse... at that point I think I gave myself a conclusion. Big Grin

The whole belief is just vile.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
09-08-2015, 08:08 AM
I know about Canada (and indeed, most of the British-related nations) and their ban on felons, even to visit. I was being facetious. Thanks anyway, Yak! Smile

Mainly, my thought was: "Enough! Get me as far away as possible from the Dogdamned South!!!"

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
09-08-2015, 10:02 AM
(09-08-2015 12:42 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  My closest-aged cousin just posted this video on Facebook, with the caption "A Must Listen!" (endquote)

https://www.facebook.com/PastorLocke/vid...8/?fref=nf

Warning: stand by for facepalming to the possible extent of actual brain damage.

This guy first says that god didn't create the bad shit. That it's a natural process of our sin and in the same breath he says that it's part of his plan... That's fucked up.
09-08-2015, 10:14 AM
Why oh why did I watch this? Shocking

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
09-08-2015, 11:10 AM
I got to the disease part. AHHHHHHHH!!!

Dodgy

I'm sooooooooooooooooooo glad I don't have a facebook account. It saves me from throwing my laptop across the room.

My husband, like most everyone, has a facebook account and gets into it with his super conservative Southern relatives. I smile at him, all red faced, typing like mad with rapid replies to dumbass statements by his religious, nutcase cousins. Hobo I stay out of it. I don't need the aggravation. My blood pressure.....114/60. Big Grin

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
09-08-2015, 01:16 PM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2015 01:24 PM by RocketSurgeon76.)
*sigh* Sorry about inflicting that on your eyes, everyone. Sorry, sorry, sorry!

Yeah... I can't really get away from my southern roots. Just got back from visiting the fam, down in Louisiana. The thing is, they're all really NICE people, once you get them out of their churches and away from church-related nonsense (and, of course, ultraconservative propaganda that they get angry at me for debunking-- why aren't they mad at the a-holes who lied to them about that stuff in the first place?), and I really enjoy spending short periods of time with them all.

That pastor accurately summed up exactly what my church believes about the origin of suffering/disease/tragedy via sin, which is why my cousin Sabrina (she's from Florida, from whence my father originates) parrots it on Facebook. It's part of their "and the lion shall lay down with the lamb" (as it was in the Garden of Eden, they say... because apparently spiders have fangs and poison for eating berries) idea of the fall and eventual redemption, and this notion of corruption via Original Sin is what, in their minds, requires the salvation of Jesus, in the historical times (now) between the Fall and the Rapture/Return. It's why the Creationists are so willing to lie/cheat/steal in their combat against Evilution™... without a 6000 year old earth starting in the Garden, there's no need for Jesus to die on the cross to effect the "Deep Magic" (as C.S. Lewis called it... I prefer "Blood for the Blood God") to "wash away" our "sin-nature", and therefore if evolution is true then Christianity cannot be. It's all related.

So while they sound insane to us--and to regular Christians who read other books besides Bibles and Creation Institute® literature, as well--for saying that cancer/suffering/evil is caused by sin entering the world, it's really part and parcel to the fundamentalist worldview. You cannot understand their brand of crazy without realizing why they see that guy as Preaching The Truth of God™, and why practically everyone in the South looks at the world that way. Sad

Edit to Add: In case I gave a wrong impression of my family relationships, and my opinion of same, here's a photo of me, last week, with my Craziest Religious Relative, in terms of what they post on Facebook, Aunt Susie... I LOVE her!

[Image: aunt_susie_and_me_zpsgdjvfhpm.jpg]

Second Edit to Add: Not one, but TWO crosses in the shot! Tongue

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
09-08-2015, 01:18 PM
(09-08-2015 01:23 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Half my family (the ones still awake at this bizarre hour, anyway) have already "Liked" this video. Dogdamnit.

Anyone know the procedure for applying to become a Canadian?

You want me to adopt you?
[+] 1 user Likes Mrs.B's post
09-08-2015, 01:41 PM
(09-08-2015 01:16 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  *sigh* Sorry about inflicting that on your eyes, everyone. Sorry, sorry, sorry!

Oh, my eyes were not in the least offended, my eyes liked it just fine. It was my ears, my poor ears.

Some people really should be seen but not heard. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
09-08-2015, 01:50 PM
(09-08-2015 01:16 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  *sigh* Sorry about inflicting that on your eyes, everyone. Sorry, sorry, sorry!

Yeah... I can't really get away from my southern roots. Just got back from visiting the fam, down in Louisiana. The thing is, they're all really NICE people, once you get them out of their churches and away from church-related nonsense (and, of course, ultraconservative propaganda that they get angry at me for debunking-- why aren't they mad at the a-holes who lied to them about that stuff in the first place?), and I really enjoy spending short periods of time with them all.

That pastor accurately summed up exactly what my church believes about the origin of suffering/disease/tragedy via sin, which is why my cousin Sabrina (she's from Florida, from whence my father originates) parrots it on Facebook. It's part of their "and the lion shall lay down with the lamb" (as it was in the Garden of Eden, they say... because apparently spiders have fangs and poison for eating berries) idea of the fall and eventual redemption, and this notion of corruption via Original Sin is what, in their minds, requires the salvation of Jesus, in the historical times (now) between the Fall and the Rapture/Return. It's why the Creationists are so willing to lie/cheat/steal in their combat against Evilution™... without a 6000 year old earth starting in the Garden, there's no need for Jesus to die on the cross to effect the "Deep Magic" (as C.S. Lewis called it... I prefer "Blood for the Blood God") to "wash away" our "sin-nature", and therefore if evolution is true then Christianity cannot be. It's all related.

So while they sound insane to us--and to regular Christians who read other books besides Bibles and Creation Institute® literature, as well--for saying that cancer/suffering/evil is caused by sin entering the world, it's really part and parcel to the fundamentalist worldview. You cannot understand their brand of crazy without realizing why they see that guy as Preaching The Truth of God™, and why practically everyone in the South looks at the world that way. Sad

Edit to Add: In case I gave a wrong impression of my family relationships, and my opinion of same, here's a photo of me, last week, with my Craziest Religious Relative, in terms of what they post on Facebook, Aunt Susie... I LOVE her!

[Image: aunt_susie_and_me_zpsgdjvfhpm.jpg]

Second Edit to Add: Not one, but TWO crosses in the shot! Tongue

Dayum...... you're hot!

I'm married but I'm not dead.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post