Oh FFS, REALLY!?!?!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2015, 02:00 PM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2015 02:13 PM by RocketSurgeon76.)
RE: Oh FFS, REALLY!?!?!
(09-08-2015 01:50 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Dayum...... you're hot!

I'm married but I'm not dead.

Aww! Hug

I think you're confusing me for the cupcakes in the foreground.

But it was actually those deviled eggs that were amazing! Evil_monster

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2015, 02:39 PM
Watching this video was like sitting through a sermon at my old church. This is basically what I had to sit through every week:

"Everything is our fault, and also Satan's fault, because he controls basically everything we do at all times. Everything we don't like about the world is a result of 'the fall.' We are all shameful creatures in the eyes of God, but luckily he loves us enough that he allowed our ancient ancestors to violently murder his son, in order to teach us a lesson about how horrible we all are.

The physical pain that Jesus felt wasn't even the worst part. When his body was hanging up there on that wooden stick, blood gushing out of his forehead and gashes in his sides so deep you could see his internal organs hanging out, he was also burdened with the emotional pain of having to think about the likes of US, fucking up God's wonderful, perfect plan. We should never stop thinking for a second about how ashamed we should be. As soon as we stop feeling ashamed, we are spitting in the face of our loving master.

Now all you have to do is just tell the youth pastor how many times you masturbated this week, and then tell your friends and family how much of a miserable, worthless piece of shit you are. Then God will allow you to sing praises at his blood-stained feet for all eternity, because that's what you want."

This cult of self-loathing is really disgusting. I was lucky that I never had to give it more than a passing thought when I was still inside of it, and was able to keep my head down fairly easily until I moved away to college.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
09-08-2015, 03:24 PM
Right on! Good post, Cactus. Sorry you had to go through that, too, but just as glad you saw it for what it is.

Blood for the Blood God! Tongue

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson