Oh Lord, thank you for Satan.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-12-2014, 06:11 AM
Oh Lord, thank you for Satan.
Christians should be thanking God for providing them with Satan. Romans 7:17 "Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me." In other words, "the devil made me do it." Thus Christians can avoid personal responsibility for their actions.

John 5:24 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life."

I can imagine Hitler at the pearly gates, saying, "I was always a believer. That's a get out of Hell free card, right?"

It doesn't matter how many Christs die on a cross, the damages we've done in our lives cannot be undone and our responsibility for having done them cannot be erased.

If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities.--Voltaire.

"To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." --Thomas Paine.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-12-2014, 07:10 AM
RE: Oh Lord, thank you for Satan.
Just think of how powerful the mythology of hell and Satan has been over the centuries. Satan is a convenient scapegoat for suffering, albeit a shallow band-aid for what the problem of evil poses for Judeo-Christianity. He is also a constant force lurking in the background ready to deceive Christians and turn them from god. He is a convenient excuse for why atheists exist.

Christians must be ever-vigilant, devout in their thoughts, to repel Satan's attacks.

Quite honestly, the presence of Satan seems to be far more prevalent in their lives than god. It makes for quite the imagined persecution complex and stilted worldview for the delusional.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
14-12-2014, 08:46 AM (This post was last modified: 14-12-2014 03:18 PM by Rahn127.)
God and Satan are sitting on my couch at a Christmas party with all of my relatives in the house. Mother in law, unruly children, aunt's and uncles who bicker over the smallest things, brothers, sisters, their boyfriends, girlfriends, husbands and wives. A packed full house.

Satan walks around and has a great time at the party, stirring up arguments, getting people to drink a bit more than they should, lots of mean looks, flirting, perhaps a cousin stealing away another cousins girlfriend for a romp in the coat closet. Satan causes a fist fight to break out and then for someone to choke on some food. One the kids slips and falls down the stairs breaking an arm.

I turn to god and say, can't you do anything to stop Satan or prevent any if these bad things ?
God says "Everything is going according to plan."

But people are getting hurt ?
God "You all have free will. I cannot interfere even if I wanted to and I don't, because as I said before, all is going as I planned."

If your plan is for people to be harmed, then why am I worshipping you ?
God "I'll send you to hell for eternity if you don't. Does that answer your question ?

You set an evil psychopath loose in my house and then you expect me to be ok with that. Well fuck that and fuck you.
Everyone listen up. God and Satan do not exist and have never been in this house.

And just like that, my delusions, my mental conversations, my worries, my fears, were gone, but of course my family with all their issues remained.

Reality has taken root.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 4 users Like Rahn127's post
14-12-2014, 12:13 PM
(14-12-2014 07:10 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Just think of how powerful the mythology of hell and Satan has been over the centuries. Satan is a convenient scapegoat for suffering, albeit a shallow band-aid for what the problem of evil poses for Judeo-Christianity. He is also a constant force lurking in the background ready to deceive Christians and turn them from god. He is a convenient excuse for why atheists exist.

Christians must be ever-vigilant, devout in their thoughts, to repel Satan's attacks.

Quite honestly, the presence of Satan seems to be far more prevalent in their lives than god. It makes for quite the imagined persecution complex and stilted worldview for the delusional.

Interestingly, there is a "Satan" figure in Buddhism. It is "Mara". But, for the most part, Buddhists consider Mara simply as a metaphor for the shit than life inevitably throws our way. There is no "God" figure. "God" is unnecessary to describe our situation. The entire fall and redemption scenario is a load of crap that makes no sense. The figure of the crucified Christ produces a culture of self pitying people who believe that they have been victimized and have "run home to daddy" who will take revenge on their victimizers. It's all, in the end, very sickening.

If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities.--Voltaire.

"To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." --Thomas Paine.
14-12-2014, 10:27 PM
Quote:Theologically, Satan’s greatest virtue is to serve as the cosmic scapegoat, saving God from blame for evil. . . .
. . . The psychology of all this scapegoating is clear: Satan is a theological coping mechanism, the screen onto which repellent traits about God are projected. . . .
. . . In short, Satan was provisional, Satan was ad hoc. Satan was a convenience and a contrivance, an incomplete idea, an insufficient response to a child’s question about where evil came from, although the story was told so well that it often forestalled its logical follow-up, “But why did and does God allow Satan to rebel and operate and torment?” In the end, the patronizing answers—“Satan is the source of evil,” “The Devil made me do it”—never answer the question of the origins of evil.

- The Birth of Satan

Manifest Insanity @ Amazon
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-12-2014, 08:53 AM
(14-12-2014 06:11 AM)666wannabe Wrote:  Christians should be thanking God for providing them with Satan. Romans 7:17 "Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me." In other words, "the devil made me do it." Thus Christians can avoid personal responsibility for their actions.

If they declare God to be omnipotent and the highest moral good, they should thank him for everything that happens, ever. Anything that happens in the presence of an omnipotent being only happens because that being willed it, and if that being is omnipresent, then everything is in its presence. If that being is the highest moral good, then everything that happens is the highest moral good. This is why people say things like "God willing" and "God works in mysterious ways". It doesn't make sense to us but it must be good!

Hell, if Almighty God deems any given adherent to be reprobate instead of elect, they should thank him.
15-12-2014, 12:35 PM

You are doing something that I dislike when theists do it, too, by just randomly snatching Bible ideas from their context:

Quote:Christians should be thanking God for providing them with Satan. Romans 7:17 "Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me." In other words, "the devil made me do it." Thus Christians can avoid personal responsibility for their actions.

Paul is making an apologetic for ending HIS sinful activity by sheer willpower, not ascribing HIS sin to Satan or to God or ascribing forgiveness of sin away from Jesus's death and resurrection to "I can't help sinning".

Quote:John 5:24 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life."

I can imagine Hitler at the pearly gates, saying, "I was always a believer. That's a get out of Hell free card, right?"

But the word "believe" here means trust. I don't see Hitler saying, "Jesus, my actions show I trusted you," but regardless, the Lord knows and will judge.

Quote:It doesn't matter how many Christs die on a cross, the damages we've done in our lives cannot be undone and our responsibility for having done them cannot be erased.

That is true. But forgiveness for yourself or another or living free of guilt are realities and emotional states that have nothing to do with the physical consequences of sin. If a drunk driver kills two children, he could commit suicide, which does not bring back the kids he killed, but he and/or the victims' families can and sometimes do feel peace and forgiveness.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user