Oh My God !

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-08-2012, 12:31 PM
RE: Oh My God !
(22-08-2012 12:11 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Welcome to the forum, Stan. Thumbsup

Oh, Jesus tits, Stan is a new guy.

Good thread, very informative and inquisitive - shows you got moxie and aren't afraid of no empty Theist grandstanding.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
22-08-2012, 12:38 PM
I leave the religious references out of my swearing most of the time...

Fuck me runnin' not sure where that came from but I use it a lot
Oh, for fuck sake...picked up from a former Scottish neighbor
What the fuck!?!
Are you fucking kidding me?
Un-be-fucking-lievable (thanks to Lewis Black)

And simply, cleanly just FUCK!

Don't need to drag religion into it although if I get really fed up with someone I may threaten a "Come to Jesus meeting" though I am trying to come up with something to replace that.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
22-08-2012, 05:50 PM
Got to love this reply to the question, it sounds like a yeah but ! for the big guy.

"Is saying "oh my god" using his name in vain?
my friend always says "dont use gods name in vain" when i say oh my god. is he right, or is using gods name just when u use it with a cuss word?

No. "God" isn't a name, it's a job title. No-one knows the true name of the G-d of Abraham. If your friend says you are using his god's name in vain, just say you're talking about Zeus, Shiva, or Apollo, gods in which s/he doesn't believe.

However, since the phrase offends your friend, you might be a little more sensitive to that. Try saying "oh my goodness!" or "oh my gosh!" or "Yikes!"

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...732AAs5kgN

[Image: XJlTk.jpg]
22-08-2012, 05:53 PM
(22-08-2012 05:50 PM)Stan Wrote:  Got to love this reply to the question, it sounds like a yeah but ! for the big guy.

"Is saying "oh my god" using his name in vain?
my friend always says "dont use gods name in vain" when i say oh my god. is he right, or is using gods name just when u use it with a cuss word?

No. "God" isn't a name, it's a job title. No-one knows the true name of the G-d of Abraham. If your friend says you are using his god's name in vain, just say you're talking about Zeus, Shiva, or Apollo, gods in which s/he doesn't believe.

However, since the phrase offends your friend, you might be a little more sensitive to that. Try saying "oh my goodness!" or "oh my gosh!" or "Yikes!"

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...732AAs5kgN

I prefer "Gadzooks". Smile

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
22-08-2012, 06:43 PM
My uncle used to say unbefuckinglievable a lot when I was a kid. It's still a part of my everyday vocabulary. I used to say "what the hell" a lot, but changed it to "what the shit" and managed to make it stick. "fuck me gently with a chainsaw" is reserved for extreme expression, while "fuck me sideways" is for less extreme occasions.

"Oh my god" was one that was a very hard habit to break. The final nail on the coffin for that phrase was when people started actually saying "OMG". It has been replaced with "oh my fuck" or in certain company, "oh your god"

So many cats, so few good recipes.
22-08-2012, 06:44 PM
Oh, and I also frequently use " thank fuck"

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
22-08-2012, 07:15 PM
(22-08-2012 06:43 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  My uncle used to say unbefuckinglievable a lot when I was a kid. It's still a part of my everyday vocabulary. I used to say "what the hell" a lot, but changed it to "what the shit" and managed to make it stick. "fuck me gently with a chainsaw" is reserved for extreme expression, while "fuck me sideways" is for less extreme occasions.

"Oh my god" was one that was a very hard habit to break. The final nail on the coffin for that phrase was when people started actually saying "OMG". It has been replaced with "oh my fuck" or in certain company, "oh your god"

I find Unfuckingbelievable rolls off the tongue more easily.

We use 'fuck me sideways with a 7-iron' on the golf course.

22-08-2012, 07:24 PM
Oh My God !
(22-08-2012 07:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-08-2012 06:43 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  My uncle used to say unbefuckinglievable a lot when I was a kid. It's still a part of my everyday vocabulary. I used to say "what the hell" a lot, but changed it to "what the shit" and managed to make it stick. "fuck me gently with a chainsaw" is reserved for extreme expression, while "fuck me sideways" is for less extreme occasions.

I find Unfuckingbelievable rolls off the tongue more easily.

Why not a sand wedge? Huh

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
22-08-2012, 07:30 PM
(22-08-2012 07:24 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(22-08-2012 07:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  I find Unfuckingbelievable rolls off the tongue more easily.

Why not a sand wedge? Huh

Might be. The named club is usually the one in the golfer's hand. Or the one just thrown.Dodgy

23-08-2012, 06:21 AM
OMG has given me plenty of opportunities to say things like ...

"Who is your god ?"
"I thought you were a Christian ................. "
"surely you know the bible says that .................."
"Which god are you talking about ? Mankind has made up thousands of gods ?"
"I thought you were intelligent ..............."

etc

[Image: XJlTk.jpg]