Oh Snap! Seth's book is available on Kindle already!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2012, 08:57 PM
Oh Snap! Seth's book is available on Kindle already!
Purchased! Haven't started reading it yet, I will probably start while at work tomorrow, but I may just start reading tonight.

Thought you all might want to know, if you haven't already purchased a paperback version. Smile

Contribute to the Community Resource!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Near's post
16-12-2012, 09:13 PM
RE: Oh Snap! Seth's book is available on Kindle already!
(16-12-2012 08:57 PM)Near Wrote:  Purchased! Haven't started reading it yet, I will probably start while at work tomorrow, but I may just start reading tonight.

Thought you all might want to know, if you haven't already purchased a paperback version. Smile
Hell yes!

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
Find all posts by this user
16-12-2012, 09:17 PM
I could have sworn that he said it would release in January, but since I searched for it on a whim on the Kindle store, and it was there, I snatched it up. */fanboi alert!*

[+] 1 user Likes Near's post
17-12-2012, 07:24 AM
(16-12-2012 09:17 PM)Near Wrote:  I could have sworn that he said it would release in January, but since I searched for it on a whim on the Kindle store, and it was there, I snatched it up. */fanboi alert!*
God, you noob. If the savior, Seth, told you it was going to be released in January, it's January. Who are you to question and challenge my God? Tongue

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 2 users Like Atothetheist's post
20-12-2012, 10:24 AM
Anyone delved into it yet? I have an amazon giftcard I am contemplating using for his book and part of a Hitchens book.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
20-12-2012, 10:51 AM
Sweet! Can't wait for the audio book version!

I know they usually get others to read but it would be very cool for Seth to do his own read for the audio book... he has a great voice. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
20-12-2012, 11:27 AM
(20-12-2012 10:24 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Anyone delved into it yet? I have an amazon giftcard I am contemplating using for his book and part of a Hitchens book.
I didn't realize you could buy just part of a book. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
20-12-2012, 11:53 AM
(20-12-2012 11:27 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(20-12-2012 10:24 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Anyone delved into it yet? I have an amazon giftcard I am contemplating using for his book and part of a Hitchens book.
I didn't realize you could buy just part of a book. Drinking Beverage
For a portion of the purchase...jackass. Dodgy

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
21-12-2012, 08:58 AM
I finished it.

My thoughts are a bit mixed. Most of it is autobiographical, and sets up the big picture for how Seth got to where he is today. There's a bit of Biblical criticism, a small section on accusations that are thrown at us by the religious, a few links that might be useful.

If you are short on cash, I would say; A lot of it you will have heard from his podcasts, but there are still a few things that I didn't know before, and I did enjoy the read.

I learned about Ambulocetus, the walking whale, so that was totally worth the purchase. (Ambulocetus is just mentioned as a transitional fossil, but I hadn't heard of it before, so I looked it up on my own.)

21-12-2012, 09:04 AM
Well, I have a few other books to finish at the moment, so maybe I'll hold off for now on the purchase and pick it up when it hits the $5 mark on Kindle.

—Thomas Henry Huxley