Oh Sugar. Oh Honey honey.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-10-2015, 11:11 AM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2015 11:21 AM by Adrianime.)
Oh Sugar. Oh Honey honey.
Sugar is the one consumable I consciously try to limit. The documentaries I've seen have painted it as a "drug" that is pulling down the health of humanity.

Some people think that more natural sugars are healthier than less natural ones. From what I've seen that isn't the case. There is a whole bunch of hate towards High Fructose Corn Syrup, for instance. Food companies like to feign healthiness by posting "No High Fructose Corn Syrup!!" But you look at the nutrition label and you you still see 30 grams of sugar, hah! I saw one package say this, and the first ingredient was "Corn Syrup" I laughed out loud in the store.

Sugar cane
Honey
High fructose corn syrup
Whatever, does it matter?

My hope for this post is to discuss sugar and maybe shed some light on its effects and impact. And also I wonder if anybody has found evidence that any form of added sugar is particularly better for you or worse for you than others (not talking about artificial sweeteners).

I know we have many people on this site who have good info on this stuff. Smile

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2015, 04:20 PM
RE: Oh Sugar. Oh Honey honey.
I consciously removed all refined white sugar from my diet and many carbs as possible and lost 30 lbs without exercising.
I do like the occasional waffle or pancake with some consensed maple tree blood though Thumbsup
09-10-2015, 04:24 PM
Refined white sugar is the worst.

Sugar gleaned from fresh fruit is the best.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
09-10-2015, 04:26 PM
I got me the diabettus. I don't consume sugar.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-10-2015, 05:29 PM
My biology is rusty (even if I had this topic like6 months ago) so please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it has to do with the amount of energy one type of sugar can give, like for example maybe one molecule fructose ends up as 36 glucose and 1 molecule from cane sugar ends up as 18, which would mean that the fructose gives you more energy than the cane sugar , and if you don't do diddly squat all day, you don't use it, so more gets stored as something in the muscles(about 100g if I'm right, which can be converted with glucagon) and the rest as fat

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
09-10-2015, 05:38 PM
(09-10-2015 04:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I got me the diabettus. I don't consume sugar.

I've got it too and so I am off sugar.
[+] 1 user Likes Black Eagle's post
09-10-2015, 06:24 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2015 06:27 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
I use stevia instead of sugar and organic blue agave nectar instead of honey.

[Image: ogcnqf.jpg]

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/16...83772.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevia

[Image: 2qum8ba.jpg]

http://www.allaboutagave.com/

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
09-10-2015, 06:36 PM
I eat sugar. I love sugar. I put it in my tea and on my cereal. I have sugar in jelly and jam on my toast. Fuck it. If it kills me a little sooner I don't really give a shit. I'm thin, it doesn't seem to put weight on me. If it rots my brain, meh. I love the taste of it.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
09-10-2015, 06:38 PM
(09-10-2015 06:36 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I eat sugar. I love sugar. I put it in my tea and on my cereal. I have sugar in jelly and jam on my toast. Fuck it. If it kills me a little sooner I don't really give a shit. I'm thin, it doesn't seem to put weight on me. If it rots my brain, meh. I love the taste of it.

Guilty of the same. Sugar is one my four food groups. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
09-10-2015, 06:45 PM
(09-10-2015 06:38 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(09-10-2015 06:36 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I eat sugar. I love sugar. I put it in my tea and on my cereal. I have sugar in jelly and jam on my toast. Fuck it. If it kills me a little sooner I don't really give a shit. I'm thin, it doesn't seem to put weight on me. If it rots my brain, meh. I love the taste of it.

Guilty of the same. Sugar is one my four food groups. Undecided

Both my parents ate sugar in their coffee and cereal and on various other foods. They both lived very long lives. My dad lived to be 94.

I guess everyone picks their poison. I've never done drugs of any kind, I don't eat much salt or animal fat but I do like sugar. Yummm

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.