Oh Sugar. Oh Honey honey.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-10-2015, 06:47 PM
RE: Oh Sugar. Oh Honey honey.
(09-10-2015 06:45 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(09-10-2015 06:38 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Guilty of the same. Sugar is one my four food groups. Undecided

Both my parents ate sugar in their coffee and cereal and on various other foods. They both lived very long lives. My dad lived to be 94.

I guess everyone picks their poison. I've never done drugs of any kind, I don't eat much salt or animal fat but I do like sugar. Yummm

I cut back on salt a few years back and started using more pepper instead. Now I am one with my pepper mill. Wink

As for the drugs thing....well...it was the 70s...80s....ummm, yeah.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
09-10-2015, 07:05 PM
When I was pregnant I got gestational diabetes. I had to check my blood sugar four times a day and give myself insulin shots twice a day, plus be extremely vigilant about all kinds of carbs in my diet. It was a total pain in the ass. But I have to say, I had a lot of energy and felt pretty good. I was in grad school and working close to full time at that point. Managing the gestational diabetes may have been why I only gained 24 pounds over my pregnancy and then lost 27 pounds the first month after delivery.

Whenever I cut most of the refined sugar out of my diet, I feel better. I also feel (anecdotal) that I can taste food more acutely; for me, sugar has a bit of a dulling effect somehow.
09-10-2015, 07:25 PM
I went off sugar for 4 months.

I lowered extra carbs too.

Then summer happened and those bastards Ben and Jerry went on sale.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-10-2015, 08:14 PM
(09-10-2015 07:25 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I went off sugar for 4 months.

I lowered extra carbs too.

Then summer happened and those bastards Ben and Jerry went on sale.
Before the summer, did you feel any changes? Tongue

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
09-10-2015, 08:14 PM
Btw, thanks to GoodWithoutGod for posting the song. Playing that song while reading the responses on this page makes it an *experience*. Big Grin

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
09-10-2015, 08:27 PM
I don't consume much sugar, but in very low moderation, it's not unhealthy.

Be true to yourself. Heart
09-10-2015, 09:27 PM
I put at least 3 tablespoons Brown sugar in a mug coffee, tea or cereal. Homemade juice isn't tasty without lots of sugar. And I love candy. Lots and lots of it. I will cry the day I fund out I have diabetes. I can't see me making the changes in my diet.

Also, does consuming lots of sugar actually cause diabetes?

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
09-10-2015, 10:20 PM
From what I learned while in hospital, sugar is not the KILLER it is set out to be by various groups who have their own agendas. Sugar at some level is in virtually everything and is one of the most important food groups.

Having said that I use honey whenever possible to sweeten things, such as coffee. Processed white sugar is not so good. Not because of the sugar, but because of the processing.

Sadly I am unable to recall all the information I was given due to the fact I was given a lot of information about a great many things.

So that is all I know now. Next time I see my professor I will ask about it. I do know too much white sugar is not good for cancer sufferers. But a bit here and there? Who cares?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
10-10-2015, 12:00 PM
My wife doesn't like processed sugar and she raised our son with no sugar in his diet. He is 38 years old and he still doesn't care for sweets. Our grandson is ten years old and the same as his father. He does not like candy, ice cream, etc. I love sugar and consequently, I am 68 years old and a goddamned diabetic.
10-10-2015, 12:18 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2015 12:38 PM by GirlyMan.)
(09-10-2015 09:27 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Also, does consuming lots of sugar actually cause diabetes?

No. Just like salt don't cause high blood pressure but hypertensive people should avoid salt, sugar don't cause diabetes but hyperglycemic people should avoid sugar.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post