Oh goodie, Bubsy Two-fur

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2015, 02:14 AM (This post was last modified: 18-12-2015 02:18 AM by ELK12695.)
Oh goodie, Bubsy Two-fur
Want to play one (actually two, it's a bundle) of the most infamous bad games released on the SNES? Well, now you can courtesy of Gabe Newell and Kickstarter:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/426630/

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2015, 09:43 AM
RE: Oh goodie, Bubsy Two-fur
I'm all for playing bad SNES games on Steam!

Also if you want to nostalgia trip on a better game they released Turok on Steam the same day.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/405820/
[+] 1 user Likes Talviomena's post
18-12-2015, 12:27 PM
The 2nd Bubsy was a good game, I mainly generic platformer for the time though. It had nothing special or unique but it had a nice bounce and well made gameplay system for anyone plopped in front of the tv with it at the time.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
18-12-2015, 11:59 PM (This post was last modified: 19-12-2015 12:04 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(18-12-2015 09:43 AM)Talviomena Wrote:  I'm all for playing bad SNES games on Steam!

Also if you want to nostalgia trip on a better game they released Turok on Steam the same day.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/405820/

Turok was the shit back in the day. Kinda funny to see that game in a modern resolution running at 60FPS, little fog and god-rays (10 seconds in, the shafts of light through the trees, they coded in fucking god-rays), but with the same out shit particle effects.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
20-12-2015, 05:15 PM
I had Super Bubsy on the PC and it was tolerable. Not particularly good, but not as tear-jerkingly bad as these videos show it. Shame it doesn't work on Win7 and above.
21-12-2015, 05:50 AM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2015 06:00 AM by EvolutionKills.)

Fuckin' hell, watching him play through the first level brought back so many memories and nostalgia.

Also, as a personal pet-peeve of mine, I'm happy to see they updated the splash artwork for the game to feature the game's actual protagonist, Tal-Set, as opposed to Joshua Fireseed (the eventual protagonist of Turok 2 & 3). That never made any fucking sense to me, other than the fact that he looked like a more generic and marketable 'badass' white-guy.

[Image: turok-remastered.jpg?w=570&h=313...p;amp;t=40]

[Image: Turok-Dinosaur-Hunter-N64-Cover.jpg]

That being said, I'd love to see a rebooted Turok game that plays like the bastard child of Far Cry: Primal and Far Cry: Blood Dragon. Survival, you armed with a bow, facing off against laser cannon armed techno-raptors. Fucking hell, I hope somebody makes that happen.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post