Oh irony,how sweet!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-08-2013, 05:07 AM
RE: Oh irony,how sweet!
Most of their life they are taught how ridiculous Zeus sounds, and how logical the "Heavenly Father" is . Quite hard to turn someone away from this notion when their God is presented with no flaws, as the opposite with Zeus. I say just put Jesus in Thor's place and let them watch that bloody awful movie and then rethink their views.

" My friends. You bow to no one. " - Aragorn

"A man is accepted into a church for what he believes and he is turned out for what he knows. " — Samuel Clemens

Simple....buy low, sell high.

Life in Rivendell is nice .
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2013, 05:26 AM
(17-08-2013 07:24 PM)unsapien Wrote:  I have been rereading some old books on my shelf, I recently started "the age of fable" by Thomas Bulfinch.

I don't know how I missed this the first time but, I just wanted to share this incredible sentence. I think I have found no greater ironic statement then the one found on the first page of chapter 2 : Prometheus and Pandora

"The creation of the world is a problem naturally fitted to excite the liveliest of man, its inhabitant. The ancient pagans, not having the information on the subject which we derive from the pages of Scripture, had their own way of telling story, which is a follows:"

How could a man that spent a great deal of his life learning about the mythology of other cultures not see the flaws of his own? I don't know but it does not bode well for those of us that hope to change the minds of our religious brethren.

This is like some kind of inverse Selective Perception bias with a dashing of confirmation Bias added in and probably a bit of Anchoring bias too.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
18-08-2013, 08:36 AM
Christians are quick to joke about Zeus throwing thunderbolts, mock Mohammed as a fraud, and laugh at Wiccans for believing in magic, but they don't see how their own religion is no different. Jesus is so engrained in their psyche that the glaring similarities don't cross their minds. There's a mental block that prevents a connection from being made.

Though sometimes the realization hits them and an atheist is born.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
[+] 2 users Like Elesjei's post