Oh my. It looks like they're gonna remake everything.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2016, 03:53 AM
Oh my. It looks like they're gonna remake everything.
Was unaware of this, but I should have seen it coming:

If I'm not mistaken, the recent Jungle Book live action movie (not to be confused with other live action failures in the past) was the first Disney movie in a series of live action remakes. Although I heard that the Jungle Book had some distance and might be more true to the book than the first animated movie was, so I don't know if this rendition of Beauty and the Beast will be a carbon copy or try to angle it differently. It was however very nice to hear the main theme in the beginning, and I haven't seen Emma Watson try do anything aside from the Potter flicks (I sure as fuck didn't see Noah). Although I didn't see The Jungle Book, I might have to see this one on the big screen if they... well:
[Image: beauty-and-the-beast-gaston.jpg]

Nobody gets remade in live action like Gaston!

The question is, what will they "recycle" next? Pinocchio? Peter Pan? I'm pretty sure they'll stay clear of the super money makers like Lion King; it's gonna be hard to do something with it, and it's not that old (even though Beauty and the Beast was made after it, figure that one out).

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-05-2016, 05:47 AM
RE: Oh my. It looks like they're gonna remake everything.
Tarzan is next.....

Yeah not a cartoon, but can't these bastards come up with anything new?

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
25-05-2016, 06:04 AM
(25-05-2016 05:47 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Tarzan is next.....

Remakes of Tarzan have been happening for almost 100 years. My grandmother's favorite movie character was Elmo Lincoln's Tarzan from the 19 teens and twenties. There have been dozens of Tarzan films since. About the only thing unusual about movies in the 21st century is there hasn't been a live action Tarzan film yet.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
25-05-2016, 06:11 AM
(25-05-2016 06:04 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  
(25-05-2016 05:47 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Tarzan is next.....

Remakes of Tarzan have been happening for almost 100 years. My grandmother's favorite movie character was Elmo Lincoln's Tarzan from the 19 teens and twenties. There have been dozens of Tarzan films since. About the only thing unusual about movies in the 21st century is there hasn't been a live action Tarzan film yet.

There's been lots of shitty B-movie Tarzan movies over the last 10 years. They're quite funny.

I don't think they're gonna bother with Tarzan, not for the moment. They're gonna establish a few more remakes, and then they will start pumping out sequels.

25-05-2016, 06:16 AM
The Legend of Tarzan is supposed to hit theaters July 1st.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
25-05-2016, 06:22 AM
(25-05-2016 06:16 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  The Legend of Tarzan is supposed to hit theaters July 1st.

That's Warner Bros. This is about Disney, not remakes in general. Just furthers my point that Disney won't touch Tarzan in a while; 'cause this movie is probably gonna be a box office failure.

25-05-2016, 09:37 AM
(25-05-2016 03:53 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  The question is, what will they "recycle" next? Pinocchio? Peter Pan? I'm pretty sure they'll stay clear of the super money makers like Lion King; it's gonna be hard to do something with it, and it's not that old (even though Beauty and the Beast was made after it, figure that one out).

They kinda did peter pan with pan

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
25-05-2016, 09:44 AM
(25-05-2016 03:53 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Nobody gets remade in live action like Gaston!

+7,188,250 views. I'd say that's an accurate statement. Smile

[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
25-05-2016, 10:03 AM
Disney has no original ideas -- anymore. It's really sad.

Don't get me started on the theme parks either. Tomorrowland in Disneyland (Anaheim) has veered so far from Walt's focus it's terrible -- any ride that encouraged any type is science or exploration (which he loved) has been removed and replaced with utter crap. (Buzz lighthear's Atsto Blaster, even Star Tours)...etc. Journey through Innerspace was replaced with crap. The Innovations is filled crap that's already outdated -- I'm sorry a smart phone just isn't a big deal anymore. The Submarine ride, was turned into a Finding Nemo bullshit ride.

Even Pixar is reduced to making sequels -- they had ideas for like 8 (can't recall the actual number but it wasn't a lot) different animated movies (Toy Story was the first) all have been made -- now they just make sequels...Finding Dory, Toy story 4, Cars whatever.....

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
25-05-2016, 10:21 AM
Where is song of the south?

It's not like many disney plots were ever "original" generally but can't they muster up other old fairy tales too? How about the one where the king sees a woman bathing and takes her as his wife and sends her husband off to war multiple times to ensure he dies.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson