Oh my. It looks like they're gonna remake everything.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2016, 10:51 AM
RE: Oh my. It looks like they're gonna remake everything.
(25-05-2016 10:03 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Disney has no original ideas -- anymore. It's really sad.

Don't get me started on the theme parks either. Tomorrowland in Disneyland (Anaheim) has veered so far from Walt's focus it's terrible -- any ride that encouraged any type is science or exploration (which he loved) has been removed and replaced with utter crap. (Buzz lighthear's Atsto Blaster, even Star Tours)...etc. Journey through Innerspace was replaced with crap. The Innovations is filled crap that's already outdated -- I'm sorry a smart phone just isn't a big deal anymore. The Submarine ride, was turned into a Finding Nemo bullshit ride.

Even Pixar is reduced to making sequels -- they had ideas for like 8 (can't recall the actual number but it wasn't a lot) different animated movies (Toy Story was the first) all have been made -- now they just make sequels...Finding Dory, Toy story 4, Cars whatever.....

Who needs ideas when you make more money without them?

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
25-05-2016, 11:17 AM
(25-05-2016 03:53 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Was unaware of this, but I should have seen it coming:

If I'm not mistaken, the recent Jungle Book live action movie (not to be confused with other live action failures in the past) was the first Disney movie in a series of live action remakes. Although I heard that the Jungle Book had some distance and might be more true to the book than the first animated movie was, so I don't know if this rendition of Beauty and the Beast will be a carbon copy or try to angle it differently. It was however very nice to hear the main theme in the beginning, and I haven't seen Emma Watson try do anything aside from the Potter flicks (I sure as fuck didn't see Noah). Although I didn't see The Jungle Book, I might have to see this one on the big screen if they... well:
[Image: beauty-and-the-beast-gaston.jpg]

Nobody gets remade in live action like Gaston!

The question is, what will they "recycle" next? Pinocchio? Peter Pan? I'm pretty sure they'll stay clear of the super money makers like Lion King; it's gonna be hard to do something with it, and it's not that old (even though Beauty and the Beast was made after it, figure that one out).

I don't think Jungle Book was Disney's first in a line of live action films. If I remember correctly, wasn't Cinderella live action released a little while ago, and Maleficent was live action back in 2014. They also did live action 101 Dalmatians, and I'm sure there are others.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-05-2016, 11:30 AM (This post was last modified: 25-05-2016 11:34 AM by ELK12695.)
(25-05-2016 11:17 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(25-05-2016 03:53 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Was unaware of this, but I should have seen it coming:

If I'm not mistaken, the recent Jungle Book live action movie (not to be confused with other live action failures in the past) was the first Disney movie in a series of live action remakes. Although I heard that the Jungle Book had some distance and might be more true to the book than the first animated movie was, so I don't know if this rendition of Beauty and the Beast will be a carbon copy or try to angle it differently. It was however very nice to hear the main theme in the beginning, and I haven't seen Emma Watson try do anything aside from the Potter flicks (I sure as fuck didn't see Noah). Although I didn't see The Jungle Book, I might have to see this one on the big screen if they... well:
[Image: beauty-and-the-beast-gaston.jpg]

Nobody gets remade in live action like Gaston!

The question is, what will they "recycle" next? Pinocchio? Peter Pan? I'm pretty sure they'll stay clear of the super money makers like Lion King; it's gonna be hard to do something with it, and it's not that old (even though Beauty and the Beast was made after it, figure that one out).

I don't think Jungle Book was Disney's first in a line of live action films. If I remember correctly, wasn't Cinderella live action released a little while ago, and Maleficent was live action back in 2014. They also did live action 101 Dalmatians, and I'm sure there are others.

Of course it's not the first. But the Jungle Book was just released, and bam, already we have a trailer for Beauty and the Beast. What I'm speculating is that they're making one of these every year, or more often than that. Maleficent had an intermission between with other animated films. I don't count the Alice in Wonderland thing because it's set after the first tale. And I don't recall any Cinderella live action movie recently; maybe it sucked or flopped. I also don't remember if Disney was involved with these series of different Snow White movies left in the wake of Twilight.

25-05-2016, 11:42 AM
(25-05-2016 10:03 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Even Pixar is reduced to making sequels -- they had ideas for like 8 (can't recall the actual number but it wasn't a lot) different animated movies (Toy Story was the first) all have been made -- now they just make sequels...Finding Dory, Toy story 4, Cars whatever.....

Well, I'll be honest. Big crowds have been crying out for a sequel to Nemo. Toy Story is mixed. Some people HATED the ending to Toy Story 3 or that movie in general, while others still have problems letting go. Everybody wants a sequel to The Incredibles, and it looks like Brad Bird has been given a green light. Personally, I might like a sequel to Ratatouille; Patton Oswalt is awesome.

Although Cars was never really that good and I'd prefer it if the sequels and spin offs to that movie never happened.

25-05-2016, 11:53 AM
(25-05-2016 11:30 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(25-05-2016 11:17 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  I don't think Jungle Book was Disney's first in a line of live action films. If I remember correctly, wasn't Cinderella live action released a little while ago, and Maleficent was live action back in 2014. They also did live action 101 Dalmatians, and I'm sure there are others.

Of course it's not the first. But the Jungle Book was just released, and bam, already we have a trailer for Beauty and the Beast. What I'm speculating is that they're making one of these every year, or more often than that. Maleficent had an intermission between with other animated films. I don't count the Alice in Wonderland thing because it's set after the first tale. And I don't recall any Cinderella live action movie recently; maybe it sucked or flopped. I also don't remember if Disney was involved with these series of different Snow White movies left in the wake of Twilight.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1661199/

Cinderella was a Disney live action movie in 2015, Jungle Book came out right after that and Maleficent was 2014. Just sayin

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
25-05-2016, 11:55 AM
All in all, I'd say these are good times for Disney; more than good. Frozen went WAYYY past any expectations and has become the nr 1 merchandise for little girls, just like Cars is or was the nr 1 merchandise for boys. Wreck-It Ralph made a shitload of money, and their computer animated films are now more or less beating the Pixar films at their own game.

With more live action success, Disney can soon forget those rather embrarrasing days of Pirates sequels and shitty Nicolas Cage films, and I wish them well.

Oh, and they own Star Wars now, and they're pumping out material since Lucas isn't in control. Let's just say that Disney controls the world with an iron Mickey glove in a few years.

25-05-2016, 11:56 AM
(25-05-2016 11:53 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(25-05-2016 11:30 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Of course it's not the first. But the Jungle Book was just released, and bam, already we have a trailer for Beauty and the Beast. What I'm speculating is that they're making one of these every year, or more often than that. Maleficent had an intermission between with other animated films. I don't count the Alice in Wonderland thing because it's set after the first tale. And I don't recall any Cinderella live action movie recently; maybe it sucked or flopped. I also don't remember if Disney was involved with these series of different Snow White movies left in the wake of Twilight.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1661199/

Cinderella was a Disney live action movie in 2015, Jungle Book came out right after that and Maleficent was 2014. Just sayin

Fascinating. I guess this only proves my point further.

25-05-2016, 11:56 AM
(25-05-2016 11:56 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(25-05-2016 11:53 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1661199/

Fascinating. I guess this only proves my point further.

Indeed, just didn't want you to think Jungle Book started it all, it's been going on for a while.

----
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
25-05-2016, 12:10 PM (This post was last modified: 25-05-2016 12:19 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(25-05-2016 11:42 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(25-05-2016 10:03 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Even Pixar is reduced to making sequels -- they had ideas for like 8 (can't recall the actual number but it wasn't a lot) different animated movies (Toy Story was the first) all have been made -- now they just make sequels...Finding Dory, Toy story 4, Cars whatever.....

Well, I'll be honest. Big crowds have been crying out for a sequel to Nemo. Toy Story is mixed. Some people HATED the ending to Toy Story 3 or that movie in general, while others still have problems letting go. Everybody wants a sequel to The Incredibles, and it looks like Bard Bird has been given a green light. Personally, I might like a sequel to Ratatouille; Patton Oswalt is awesome.

Although Cars was never really that good and I'd prefer it if the sequels and spin offs to that movie never happened.

I loved Ratatouille, but a sequel? They also did finally a sequel to Monsters Inc -- which fell flat.

Finding Dori...big crowds crying out for it -- I suppose that's true it was a cute movie. But they have one new movie coming out in 2017 (Coco) and all the others slated so far are sequels. Including Cars 3.

As far as Disney movies are concerned (yes Pixar is part of that, but...) the Jungle Book was already remade once by Disney into a live action thing in 1994. Edited to add link https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Jung...1994_film)

Alice in Wonderland was already done (with Depp) earlier so this is a sequel too (through the looking glass) and I'm pretty sure Disney already did an animated version years ago of that too (but could be wrong).

They're also allegedly planning (according to Wikipedia) live action

Cruella -- which is probably going along the lines of maleficent.

Mulan

Cinderella

Dumbo (seriously?)

Winnie the Pooh (seriously!)

Peter Pan

Rose Red (which sounds like Snow White before the 7 castaways (oops I mean Dwarfs)

Pinocchio

Sword in the Stone

They're also planning movies based on the following rides

Haunted Mansion (again -- hopefully they'll get it right)

It's a small world (FML Disney why)

And Jungle Cruise.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

25-05-2016, 12:24 PM
Yeah, I posted the link to Cinderella from last year, it bombed. And don't forget Disney owns Marvel now, too.

----
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post