Oh my. It looks like they're gonna remake everything.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2016, 12:33 PM (This post was last modified: 25-05-2016 12:37 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
RE: Oh my. It looks like they're gonna remake everything.
(25-05-2016 12:24 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Yeah, I posted the link to Cinderella from last year, it bombed. And don't forget Disney owns Marvel now, too.

And the whole Star Wars thing too.

Ooh my bad...they've got another Cinderella planned for 2018 (but it's not on the official D page....might be a tv thing?)

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
25-05-2016, 12:36 PM
(25-05-2016 12:33 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(25-05-2016 12:24 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Yeah, I posted the link to Cinderella from last year, it bombed. And don't forget Disney owns Marvel now, too.

Ooh my bad...they've got another Cinderella planned for 2018.

Just pretend it's a giant Mickey hat

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
25-05-2016, 12:39 PM
(25-05-2016 12:36 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(25-05-2016 12:33 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And the whole Star Wars thing too.

Ooh my bad...they've got another Cinderella planned for 2018.

Just pretend it's a giant Mickey hat

Thank goodness they've not gotten their mouse paws on Star Trek. Smile

(Can't wait for July).

25-05-2016, 12:54 PM
(25-05-2016 12:39 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(25-05-2016 12:36 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Just pretend it's a giant Mickey hat

Thank goodness they've not gotten their mouse paws on Star Trek. Smile

(Can't wait for July).

Ech. Guess this is where we differ on Trek. I can't stand J.J Abrams' Star Trek films. They don't have a TV series to fall back on, Spock has anger tantrums, Vulcan bullies (really, Abrams, really?)... I like that Simon Pegg, who actually gives a shit, wrote the script for the upcoming one; but if it's gonna be a movie about the original crew; different universe or not, I want the original actors. And they're either dead or can hardly walk anymore.

If there's gonna be a reboot, do another TV series; the world might have forgotten Enterprise's slow death.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
25-05-2016, 01:17 PM
(25-05-2016 12:33 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

Ooh my bad...they've got another Cinderella planned for 2018 (but it's not on the official D page....might be a tv thing?)

Cause we need more Cinderella adaptations.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
25-05-2016, 01:53 PM
Back in early 2006, I spent 3 months on detail in Orlando, and spent a small fortune on reissued vintage Disney movie and TV features and shorts: Man in Space, Chicken Little (aka The Sky is Falling - spoiler, the fox wins), Man and the Moon, Ferdinand the Bull, Paul Bunyan, Alice ' Wonderland (live action in 1923!), Noah's Ark, Windwagon Smith, Ben and Me, and the dozens of shorts from WW2 on Walt Disney on the Front Lines (especially Der Fuhrer's Face). I had to resort to buying a pirate version of Song of the South, but was able to pick up official reissues of most of the old classics.

Oh crap!
25-05-2016, 02:00 PM
(25-05-2016 10:03 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Disney has no original ideas -- anymore. It's really sad.

*cough* Zootopia *cough*

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
25-05-2016, 03:41 PM (This post was last modified: 25-05-2016 03:51 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(25-05-2016 12:54 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(25-05-2016 12:39 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Thank goodness they've not gotten their mouse paws on Star Trek. Smile

(Can't wait for July).

Ech. Guess this is where we differ on Trek. I can't stand J.J Abrams' Star Trek films. They don't have a TV series to fall back on, Spock has anger tantrums, Vulcan bullies (really, Abrams, really?)... I like that Simon Pegg, who actually gives a shit, wrote the script for the upcoming one; but if it's gonna be a movie about the original crew; different universe or not, I want the original actors. And they're either dead or can hardly walk anymore.

If there's gonna be a reboot, do another TV series; the world might have forgotten Enterprise's slow death.

I actually agree. But I remain ever hopeful.

I'll admit I did like the first Abrams one. But the second, I wasn't as happy with and the ending the reverse Wrath ending?!

That still bugs me. I'd much rather they just left Kahn out

There is a cbs web Star Trek thing. Produced by Roddenberry's son.

I don't know.

25-05-2016, 05:39 PM
Jesus Christ people Disney has an original movie sitting at #2 in the list of highest grossing movies of 2016 and yet they have no original ideas?

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
25-05-2016, 05:47 PM
(25-05-2016 01:17 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(25-05-2016 12:33 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And the whole Star Wars thing too.

Cause we need more Cinderella adaptations.

I'm wondering how they're going to do a live action Dumbo.