Oh my. It looks like they're gonna remake everything.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2016, 05:54 PM
RE: Oh my. It looks like they're gonna remake everything.
(25-05-2016 05:39 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Jesus Christ people Disney has an original movie sitting at #2 in the list of highest grossing movies of 2016 and yet they have no original ideas?

Roughly 75% of the movies coming out are either sequels or live action versions of cartoons (or related to cartoons like Cruella and Malecifant 2).

Which means in 15 years you can expect a live action Zootopia or the third sequel. Drinking Beverage

I'm leaving Marvel and Lucasfilms stuff out (because obviously more Star Wars and I guess they're planning another Indiana Jones).

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-05-2016, 06:13 PM
(25-05-2016 05:54 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(25-05-2016 05:39 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Jesus Christ people Disney has an original movie sitting at #2 in the list of highest grossing movies of 2016 and yet they have no original ideas?

Roughly 75% of the movies coming out are either sequels or live action versions of cartoons (or related to cartoons like Cruella and Malecifant 2).

Which means in 15 years you can expect a live action Zootopia or the third sequel. Drinking Beverage

I'm leaving Marvel and Lucasfilms stuff out (because obviously more Star Wars and I guess they're planning another Indiana Jones).

25% originality is more than none as some suggested. Originality is hard to come by these days because almost everything has already been done by now. Companies who stick to original ideas only won't do as well because movies like that are more rare. Sequels and remakes is where the big money is at because of wanting more of what you enjoyed and nostalgia. Movies are hardly the only medium to do this. Books do it as well. Why do you think there are 7 Harry Potter Books? Because J.K Rowling was cashing in on the popularity. Why would she write new original ideas instead of captilizing on the popularity of Harry Potter.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
25-05-2016, 06:26 PM
(25-05-2016 06:13 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(25-05-2016 05:54 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Roughly 75% of the movies coming out are either sequels or live action versions of cartoons (or related to cartoons like Cruella and Malecifant 2).

25% originality is more than none as some suggested. Originality is hard to come by these days because almost everything has already been done by now. Companies who stick to original ideas only won't do as well because movies like that are more rare. Sequels and remakes is where the big money is at because of wanting more of what you enjoyed and nostalgia. Movies are hardly the only medium to do this. Books do it as well. Why do you think there are 7 Harry Potter Books? Because J.K Rowling was cashing in on the popularity. Why would she write new original ideas instead of captilizing on the popularity of Harry Potter.

Actually ELK and I went through Disney's entire filmography for major motion picture releases out of 55 movies 7 are Original IPs the rest are based off previous work.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
25-05-2016, 06:41 PM
(25-05-2016 06:26 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(25-05-2016 06:13 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  25% originality is more than none as some suggested. Originality is hard to come by these days because almost everything has already been done by now. Companies who stick to original ideas only won't do as well because movies like that are more rare. Sequels and remakes is where the big money is at because of wanting more of what you enjoyed and nostalgia. Movies are hardly the only medium to do this. Books do it as well. Why do you think there are 7 Harry Potter Books? Because J.K Rowling was cashing in on the popularity. Why would she write new original ideas instead of captilizing on the popularity of Harry Potter.

Actually ELK and I went through Disney's entire filmography for major motion picture releases out of 55 movies 7 are Original IPs the rest are based off previous work.

That is ridiculous but they do still have great original ideas.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
25-05-2016, 06:45 PM
(25-05-2016 06:41 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(25-05-2016 06:26 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Actually ELK and I went through Disney's entire filmography for major motion picture releases out of 55 movies 7 are Original IPs the rest are based off previous work.

That is ridiculous but they do still have great original ideas.

Not always, Tomorrowland kinda sucked.

25-05-2016, 06:49 PM
(25-05-2016 06:45 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(25-05-2016 06:41 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  That is ridiculous but they do still have great original ideas.

Not always, Tomorrowland kinda sucked.

Well I didn't say all were but some are. Wall-E, Up, Zootopia, Big Hero 6 (If you count that) and Inside Out wasn't bad.

25-05-2016, 07:13 PM
(25-05-2016 06:49 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(25-05-2016 06:45 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Not always, Tomorrowland kinda sucked.

Well I didn't say all were but some are. Wall-E, Up, Zootopia, Big Hero 6 (If you count that) and Inside Out wasn't bad.

Wall-E and Up are actually old now. 2008/9 and I'll freely admit I just loved them both. One of the first pins I got when we went to Disneyland, was Wall-E and Eve. Smile Heart Up just made me fucking cry.

Even if most people think the music and scenes played in Wall-E were from Mary Poppins (they weren't, they were from Hello Dolly, a non-Disney film).

The last Disney (animated) film I saw was Wreck it Ralph (they're doing a sequel to that too). Frozen I only saw because I was baby sitting two little girls in love with that movie.

25-05-2016, 07:23 PM
(25-05-2016 06:49 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(25-05-2016 06:45 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Not always, Tomorrowland kinda sucked.

OMFG Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh is so not an OIP it has an 18 year comic run. That would be like saying Batman is an OIp for Warner Brothers. They did a horrible job adapting the comic as well which means we will never get a real Big Hero 6 movie.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
25-05-2016, 07:29 PM
(25-05-2016 07:23 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(25-05-2016 06:49 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Well I didn't say all were but some are. Wall-E, Up, Zootopia, Big Hero 6 (If you count that) and Inside Out wasn't bad.

OMFG Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh is so not an OIP it has an 18 year comic run. That would be like saying Batman is an OIp for Warner Brothers. They did a horrible job adapting the comic as well which means we will never get a real Big Hero 6 movie.

Did I just get bits of Rev's exploding head all over the forum? Laugh out load

25-05-2016, 07:34 PM
(25-05-2016 07:23 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(25-05-2016 06:49 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Well I didn't say all were but some are. Wall-E, Up, Zootopia, Big Hero 6 (If you count that) and Inside Out wasn't bad.

That's why I said if you count that. It's not an original idea but it's not a remake or sequel.

(25-05-2016 07:29 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(25-05-2016 07:23 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  OMFG Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh is so not an OIP it has an 18 year comic run. That would be like saying Batman is an OIp for Warner Brothers. They did a horrible job adapting the comic as well which means we will never get a real Big Hero 6 movie.

Did I just get bits of Rev's exploding head all over the forum? Laugh out load

It's my fault, I'll get the mop.