Oh my god! Why do I have detention?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
09-04-2010, 03:29 AM

RE: Oh my god! Why do I have detention?
(08-04-2010 11:01 AM)AquaMarine Wrote:  Ok, so we mostly, no completely, agree we should find new words to replace "Oh my God". I have only one problem now. I really got used to saying it. Sometimes I'm not even aware of it. It will take me some time to get out of the habit. So If I were to say it in a presence of a religious person, would it help if I apologize? That's all I can do right now, while I think of new words to replace it with.

Hmm...I suppose the most practical and humanist thing to say would just be, "Oh, man!" Tongue
Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2010, 04:48 AM

(09-04-2010 03:29 AM)Kara_Critica Wrote:  
(08-04-2010 11:01 AM)AquaMarine Wrote:  Ok, so we mostly, no completely, agree we should find new words to replace "Oh my God". I have only one problem now. I really got used to saying it. Sometimes I'm not even aware of it. It will take me some time to get out of the habit. So If I were to say it in a presence of a religious person, would it help if I apologize? That's all I can do right now, while I think of new words to replace it with.

Hmm...I suppose the most practical and humanist thing to say would just be, "Oh, man!" Tongue

NOW your blaspheming against humanity! Shame on you! Smile
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2014, 12:34 AM
Holy hell I could not disagree with the majority of you posters. If we were to eliminate EVERYTHING we say that offends others our world would be silent. The ones who need to find "tolarance" would be the ones who have a problem with the phrase "oh my god". It is very selfish and self-centered to expect others to live by that ridiculous rule. God is not gods name. Saying "oh my god", even if it was A gods real name, is not even in vain. It is utter ridiculousness! And, oh how angry this one makes me! And this subject does hit close at home when my absolutely sweet gentle 6 year old son gets reprimanded by his VERY Catholic teacher, in front of the class in his 1st grade public school, for saying of my god.
Makes my blood boil.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2014, 01:48 AM
Dodgy

Like seriously... how do you new people dig up these posts that are like 4 years old?

[Image: vjp09.gif]
12-01-2014, 01:58 AM
Because they're twats KC, because they're twats.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post