Oh no...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2016, 03:03 PM
Oh no...

Not only is this a pathetic attempt at challenging the crap that was Minons, but it also has the single worst teaser trailer I have ever seen.

They're laying off How To Train Your Dragon 3 for three years, for this...

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
16-02-2016, 03:10 PM
RE: Oh no...
"As if a thousand voices cried out in horror and then where silenced..."
[+] 4 users Like Peebothuhul's post
16-02-2016, 03:14 PM
Well, technically everyone knew it was coming eventually. There's always a reboot for something.

16-02-2016, 03:16 PM
(16-02-2016 03:10 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  "As if a thousand voices cried out in horror and then where silenced..."

The only good thing about this is that just like the Smurf movies, this upcoming piece of shit will be forgotten in 2 years after it's release. I just don't get why they think they can compete with Universal's Minion merchandise.

16-02-2016, 03:57 PM
I dunno I still think it would be a cute movie to take my nephew to.
16-02-2016, 04:25 PM
(16-02-2016 03:57 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I dunno I still think it would be a cute movie to take my nephew to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMoKyooU...u.be&t=54s

[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
16-02-2016, 04:48 PM
I love the troll dolls. I use to have dozens of them when I was young.

I have a terrible feeling of foreboding on this movie.

I hate smurfs and I think it will be more like smurfdom than trolldom. Sad

Sadcryface2

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
17-02-2016, 11:40 PM (This post was last modified: 18-02-2016 12:08 PM by CleverUsername.)
So, in case anyone's wondering what the heck they were thinking, there's some backstory as to why this movie is like this.

See, what happened here was, Dreamworks has been going through a hard time recently. Bunch of movies bombing. Penguins of Madagascar, Mr. Peabody and Sherman, Rise of the Guardians, Turbo (that one deserved it)...

Well, the conclusion they came to was that those movies failed because, and I am not making this up, they were too adult orientated. If you've seen those movies, you know none of them are more adult orientated than any other mainstream animated movie coming out right now or at the time of their release. But they've decided to go with that anyway.

Then Home, which people generally agree was more for kids than other movies, came out, and it was a success despite getting worse reviews than the others.

And so, now here we are. With trolls. Where they've pretty much said "Fuck it" to this whole "appealing to everyone" thing and decided it was a good idea to appeal only to really young kids.

Also, if this does well, they'll probably take that as confirmation of their theory and that could mean crud like this being made for quite a while.

So this thing isn't just awful in the obvious ways, there's a whole level of corporate idiocy and potential awfulness bubbling under the surface here.

Quote:I dunno I still think it would be a cute movie to take my nephew to.

Please don't.

I'm all for giving the thing the benefit of the doubt, maybe the trailers will look better, maybe reviews will trumpet it being better than any promos let on, but if all evidence bears out that it is as awful as it looks here, then the absolute last thing it needs is support.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
18-02-2016, 12:46 AM
Saw the trailer in theaters, I'll pass, lost my interest when they started doing the "nae nae" or whatever that godawful dance thing is.

(16-02-2016 03:57 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I dunno I still think it would be a cute movie to take my nephew to.

This would be better

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
18-02-2016, 12:52 AM
Oh noes, a movie that's aimed more at children. burn it with fire. . . or just let the kids have their movie. There should be plenty of movies it for adults and young adults to go around.
[+] 5 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post