Oh no...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-02-2016, 12:23 PM
RE: Oh no...
I don't understand why you'd be upset about a movie about Donald Trump. [Image: a407d2890de024bed73d27258b4c00d0c77e35e7...5db2_1.jpg]

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
18-02-2016, 12:31 PM
Did I need to know this?

Probably not.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-02-2016, 12:35 PM
(17-02-2016 11:40 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  So, in case anyone's wondering what the heck they were thinking, there's some backstory as to why this movie is like this.

See, what happened here was, Dreamworks has been going through a hard time recently. Bunch of movies bombing. Penguins of Madagascar, Mr. Peabody and Sherman, Rise of the Guardians, Turbo (that one deserved it)...

Well, the conclusion they came to was that those movies failed because, and I am not making this up, they were too adult orientated. If you've seen those movies, you know none of them are more adult orientated than any other mainstream animated movie coming out right now or at the time of their release. But they've decided to go with that anyway.

Then Home, which people generally agree was more for kids than other movies, came out, and it was a success despite getting worse reviews than the others.

And so, now here we are. With trolls. Where they've pretty much said "Fuck it" to this whole "appealing to everyone" thing and decided it was a good idea to appeal only to really young kids.

Also, if this does well, they'll probably take that as confirmation of their theory and that could mean crud like this being made for quite a while.

So this thing isn't just awful in the obvious ways, there's a whole level of corporate idiocy and potential awfulness bubbling under the surface here.

Quote:I dunno I still think it would be a cute movie to take my nephew to.

Please don't.

I'm all for giving the thing the benefit of the doubt, maybe the trailers will look better, maybe reviews will trumpet it being better than any promos let on, but if all evidence bears out that it is as awful as it looks here, then the absolute last thing it needs is support.

I take exception to Rise of the Guardians being sucky. I saw it at the theater liked it and bought it. Turbo, meh and I haven't seen the others you mentioned. There are lots of them I don't care for, they're all a crap shoot as far as adults go. I think it's more about the economy. People will go to movies they like first and then if there's funds extra they'll take the kids. Poor times, less kids movies seen in the theater.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
21-02-2016, 11:20 PM (This post was last modified: 22-02-2016 01:14 AM by CleverUsername.)
(18-02-2016 12:35 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I take exception to Rise of the Guardians being sucky. I saw it at the theater liked it and bought it. Turbo, meh and I haven't seen the others you mentioned. There are lots of them I don't care for, they're all a crap shoot as far as adults go. I think it's more about the economy. People will go to movies they like first and then if there's funds extra they'll take the kids. Poor times, less kids movies seen in the theater.

Did the article imply Rise of the Guardians sucked? I didn't mean to imply that at all, I really like that movie. I actually didn't dislike Penguins of Madagascar either (though its flaws are much more glaring). Peabody and Sherman I never saw. Turbo sucked.

That would pretty much just shift the question they should be trying to answer but instead are waving away with a stupid excuse to why Dreamworks isn't people's first choice to see.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post