Oh thank god!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-10-2013, 06:16 AM (This post was last modified: 22-10-2013 06:23 AM by Cathym112.)
Oh thank god!
Photography is a hobby of mine. I was asked to take some engagement photos for my cousin. It was overcast and dreary all day. I used photoshop to make the photos look like there was lots of sun and blue skies. I posted the edited photos on FB, and someone commented,

"God is great! Look what god did for you! How beautiful!"

Wtf? I usually want to leave that alone but sometimes those kind of comments really get to me. "God" gave them shitty weather for their photos, you twat! I gave them - and Adobe - blue skies and sunrays.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Cathym112's post
22-10-2013, 06:20 AM
RE: Oh thank god!
[Image: 35n6wz.jpg]

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
22-10-2013, 08:53 AM
I'd leave it to the wedding party to comment on it. Evil_monster

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
22-10-2013, 09:32 AM
I so can't wait to see what they respond with.
22-10-2013, 09:50 AM (This post was last modified: 22-10-2013 09:56 AM by sporehux.)
Wink RE: Oh thank god!
Always wondered about the poor couples married in the rain, probably attended their cousins wedding the previous weekend and everyone one said god had blessed them with wonderful weather.
Its surprising the groom doesn't get his hand severed from suspected pre marital masturbation at a catholic wedding.

May be shunned by god, but hey "It's a sign of good luck if it rains on your wedding day".

(22-10-2013 09:32 AM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  I so can't wait to see what they respond with.

They would say we are all gods creations, even Photoshop .

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
22-10-2013, 09:51 AM
Yes, and look at the beautiful picture God gave this photographer! Very nice sunshine indeed!

[Image: Hurricane-damage.jpg]

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
22-10-2013, 10:00 AM
I never run with my phone. Too bulky to carry.

Ironically, I was running this morning and I brought my iPhone so I could listen To Seth's interview with Richard Dawkins podcast. I

About 3 miles into my run, I happened across a power line that had caught on fire and was beginning to engulf the tree. I called 911 immediately.

As the firetrucks began to arrive, a old retired preacher came outside and asked me what was going on. I explained. He said "good thing you had your phone!" I agreed and explained that it was dumb luck since I never run with it.

He followed up with the "god works in mysterious ways" adage. I looked at him point blank and explained that I brought my phone so I could listen to an atheist podcast.

Then the thought hit me.....SETH ANDREWS must be god!!!

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 16 users Like Cathym112's post
22-10-2013, 10:02 AM
(22-10-2013 10:00 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I never run with my phone. Too bulky to carry.

Ironically, I was running this morning and I brought my iPhone so I could listen To Seth's interview with Richard Dawkins podcast. I

About 3 miles into my run, I happened across a power line that had caught on fire and was beginning to engulf the tree. I called 911 immediately.

As the firetrucks began to arrive, a old retired preacher came outside and asked me what was going on. I explained. He said "good thing you had your phone!" I agreed and explained that it was dumb luck since I never run with it.

He followed up with the "god works in mysterious ways" adage. I looked at him point blank and explained that I brought my phone so I could listen to an atheist podcast.

Then the thought hit me.....SETH ANDREWS must be god!!!

Ya that's it.

Cool

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
22-10-2013, 10:18 AM
(22-10-2013 10:00 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  He followed up with the "god works in mysterious ways" adage. I looked at him point blank and explained that I brought my phone so I could listen to an atheist podcast.
I wish I could have seen his face! Big Grin Funny that God is, encouraging you to bring your iPhone so you could listen to all kinds of reasons not to believe him. Yes, quite mysterious. Tongue

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
22-10-2013, 11:37 AM
That encounter with the preacher must have been a rush. I would love an opportunity like that.
My sister in-law went on Christian Mingle to find "gods match" for her but only talked with a few strange guys (by her standards they must have been weird). She then tries the Our Time website and finds a guy this past June, and are talking marraige already. I am waiting for her to say how god brought this guy to her even though the Christian website was a complete failure.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 1 user Likes Timber1025's post