Oh thank god!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-10-2013, 01:17 PM
RE: Oh thank god!
(22-10-2013 10:00 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Then the thought hit me.....SETH ANDREWS must be god!!!

Well, according to the gospel of Judas, Jesus was not descended from King David rather, he was from the eternal realm of Barbelo and was descended from Adam & Eve's less talked about son, Seth.

Jesus was a Sethian, as was Judas. Don't hear that every day, do ya? Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
22-10-2013, 08:34 PM
God did it, ya, that's the ticket.

This reminded me of a conversation I had last night. A mutual friend of the person I was talking to, a devout Christian girl, was thanking god for answering her prayers for an opportunity to volunteer with some charities. Right, god answered her prayers; it had nothing to do with the fact that SHE applied. Facepalm.

Manifest Insanity @ Amazon
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-10-2013, 05:35 AM
(22-10-2013 08:34 PM)Diogenes of Mayberry Wrote:  God did it, ya, that's the ticket.

This reminded me of a conversation I had last night. A mutual friend of the person I was talking to, a devout Christian girl, was thanking god for answering her prayers for an opportunity to volunteer with some charities. Right, god answered her prayers; it had nothing to do with the fact that SHE applied. Facepalm.

Even more so she was thanking for being able to volunteer to a CHARITY!! A charity! Which is an organization that helps other individuals because god isn't doing shit! Every charity in the world is a testament to god's apathy!
[+] 2 users Like Cathym112's post
25-10-2013, 10:55 AM
My dad invited me on a disaster relief trip with his to Moore, OK this last summer to help clean up after the tornado strikes. I love volunteer work, so I took some time off and went.

At our first job site, a COMPLETELY leveled house, the group leader started talking about how the guy that used to live there was alive because a piece of rubble fell and made a "roof" over his head so he wasn't struck by debris.

"God is great, isn't he?"

Yes. He's so great, that the people who lived in the houses to the left, and to the right, are dead. There are memorials everywhere. This man no longer has a home or any of his possessions.
25-10-2013, 12:08 PM
Are you saying I should rather be unthankful? Because I've prayed that way, too--God, please give me some of X's pain so his pain can lessen. Is that what you mean? That we should exhibit more love to others?
25-10-2013, 12:27 PM
(25-10-2013 12:08 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Are you saying I should rather be unthankful? Because I've prayed that way, too--God, please give me some of X's pain so his pain can lessen. Is that what you mean? That we should exhibit more love to others?

I don't understand what you are trying to say. How is this related at all to the topic at hand?
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
25-10-2013, 09:23 PM
Oh thank god!
(25-10-2013 12:08 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Are you saying I should rather be unthankful? Because I've prayed that way, too--God, please give me some of X's pain so his pain can lessen. Is that what you mean? That we should exhibit more love to others?

They are saying your god doesn't care about the pain and suffering of milions.

"Laissez nous faire!"

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor will I ever ask another man to live for mine."
[+] 2 users Like Crimson Flyboy's post
25-10-2013, 09:41 PM
(25-10-2013 10:55 AM)Jasozz Wrote:  "God is great, isn't he?"

Yes. He's so great, that the people who lived in the houses to the left, and to the right, are dead. There are memorials everywhere. This man no longer has a home or any of his possessions.

I think you have to be a Protestant christian, Caucasian, racist, republican, anti gay, anti abortion, bush sympathizer, know the bible only via preacher proxy, think evolution is a giant science conspiracy, and think Bill O'Reilly should be president. before you can be blessed with a rubble hut of smite protection.

Obviously the neighboring families missed a check box.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
26-10-2013, 08:29 PM
(25-10-2013 10:55 AM)Jasozz Wrote:  My dad invited me on a disaster relief trip with his to Moore, OK this last summer to help clean up after the tornado strikes. I love volunteer work, so I took some time off and went.

At our first job site, a COMPLETELY leveled house, the group leader started talking about how the guy that used to live there was alive because a piece of rubble fell and made a "roof" over his head so he wasn't struck by debris.

"God is great, isn't he?"

Why are the superstitious so myopic? I swear I could rain cows onto a crowd of 100 Bible-thumpers and kill 99% of the group, and the one survivor would claim that they were spared by the grace of God ...because they're special ...because God's not finished with them yet. Rolleyes

Like most things, this reminds me of a DarkMatter2525 video:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
[+] 1 user Likes Jeffasaurus's post
26-10-2013, 08:48 PM
(26-10-2013 08:29 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  Like most things, this reminds me of a DarkMatter2525 video:

Thats fukin awesome, will try to get my theist m8 to watch it.
Obviously he wont see the logic but it will be interesting to hear his opinion.

probably like " god works in mysterious ways" who are we to question him.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".