Oh what a tangled web we weave

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-07-2017, 03:05 PM
RE: Oh what a tangled web we weave
(25-07-2017 02:01 PM)BnW Wrote:  Or, Trump himself can continue to give the Russian stuff legs. If he forces Sessions out and put in someone who fires Mueller, that may kill him too. If he just STFU about the whole thing and just let it run into course, he'd probably take it away as an issue altogether. He can't, though.

Exactly. DJT is the 5-year-old boy who stops what he is doing and looks panicked when you walk in the door. When you ask: "What have you been doing while I was out?" he gets defensive and yells: "Nothing! I ain't done nothing. Honest! You gotta believe me!" And all the while he keeps nervously glancing at one particular spot in the room.

I’ll be a story in your head, but that’s okay, because we’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best.
The Doctor
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Rockblossom's post
25-07-2017, 03:07 PM
(25-07-2017 02:29 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(25-07-2017 02:21 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  They SAW HIM on TV ask Russia to find Hilary's fucking emails.

That's not the same as directly meeting with a Russian government employee, hatching a plan to steal an election and then covering it up. Hoping for something to happen is not illegal.

"Love it" Remember Donny Jr. ... they hatched a plan, then denied it. They did FAR more than hope.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
25-07-2017, 03:08 PM
(25-07-2017 02:47 PM)BnW Wrote:  Everything about Trump is reprehensible. That doesn't make it illegal, though. Or grounds for impeachment.

It's great television and his mental breakdowns over it are hilarious but this is a distraction from a number of things being underreported that are far more important and concerning.

I would agree that there is nothing even close to grounds for impeachment yet. However, there are certainly grounds for suspicion and for investigation -- and the fact that he's actively trying to block the investigation (and still trying to hide his tax returns) only increases the suspicion. He's not doing himself any favors with his current behavior. If he's truly innocent, he should welcome the investigation. It will either clear his name or make the investigators look like fools (if all they find is trivial stuff), and either result is good for him. He's acting very much as if he really does have something to hide.
[+] 4 users Like Grasshopper's post
25-07-2017, 03:11 PM (This post was last modified: 25-07-2017 03:14 PM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
(25-07-2017 02:59 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(25-07-2017 01:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

That's.
Fucking.
Hilarious.

Bowing

Don't miss my point. All I'm saying is these polls often give numbers like Hillary 55% Trump 45%, then you read the fine print and it has the poll breakdown on 30% republican, 40% democrat and 30% independent. Or an approval rating poll with the same party breakdown. In the one I cited today, they only polled 23% republicans and still came up with only 40% that believed Trump is guilty of collusion. I imagine that number would be much smaller if they polled more republicans. And his approval numbers would be better if they polled more republicans. And they would have predicted the election results better if the polled more republicans. I think they purposely call certain area codes they know to be more highly democratic. This is just my theory. But I know they seem to poll less republicans than are actually registered as Republican.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
25-07-2017, 03:18 PM
lmao. he's too stupid to be afraid.

The repubs will win the electrons because far left liberals don't understand this wasn't about trump. trump's a dope. It was about the money grubbing people that don't work and just think its ok to take people's money for a lifestyle that can't support itself. this election was about stopping people that piss on teachers and think its ok to shoot cops from making laws for the rest of us.

It be nice if we focused our attention on parenting, accountability, and self sustaining ways of life. Without demanding more than a fair share and demanding that the people stealing the money have some responsibility. Like, maybe, controlling breeding habits of the people taking the money so we can continue to pay for them. happily i might add. but the far left liberals don't get working together. Anything that has 'working for yourself" is anti-anti-christ to them.

heck, even some ex fundies don't blame their stupid parents for not understanding that a belief statement is not more practical, doesn't meet emotional needs, and don't meet personal needs of raising a kid to be the best person the child can be. "knowledge statements" are far more effective at that.

But hey, since when do milli/fundy mentalist thinkers ever worry about facts getting in the way of a practical personal emotional need. they don't care who they hurt as long as they, and their kind, gets "it".

In the end ... we wouldn't have the facts get in the way of our little belief statements ... would we
25-07-2017, 04:36 PM
(25-07-2017 03:18 PM)AB517 Wrote:  lmao. he's too stupid to be afraid.

The repubs will win the electrons because far left liberals don't understand this wasn't about trump. trump's a dope. It was about the money grubbing people that don't work and just think its ok to take people's money for a lifestyle that can't support itself. this election was about stopping people that piss on teachers and think its ok to shoot cops from making laws for the rest of us.

It be nice if we focused our attention on parenting, accountability, and self sustaining ways of life. Without demanding more than a fair share and demanding that the people stealing the money have some responsibility. Like, maybe, controlling breeding habits of the people taking the money so we can continue to pay for them. happily i might add. but the far left liberals don't get working together. Anything that has 'working for yourself" is anti-anti-christ to them.

heck, even some ex fundies don't blame their stupid parents for not understanding that a belief statement is not more practical, doesn't meet emotional needs, and don't meet personal needs of raising a kid to be the best person the child can be. "knowledge statements" are far more effective at that.

But hey, since when do milli/fundy mentalist thinkers ever worry about facts getting in the way of a practical personal emotional need. they don't care who they hurt as long as they, and their kind, gets "it".

In the end ... we wouldn't have the facts get in the way of our little belief statements ... would we

^^^ That

was politically incoherent.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
25-07-2017, 06:05 PM
(25-07-2017 02:59 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(25-07-2017 01:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

That's.
Fucking.
Hilarious.

Bowing

Witness the ping-pong ball behavior of one who voted for the Chump. No surprise, really.
25-07-2017, 06:10 PM
I wish I could win some electrons.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
25-07-2017, 07:44 PM
(25-07-2017 03:18 PM)AB517 Wrote:  lmao. he's too stupid to be afraid.

I've read two posts from you, and neither one made a lick of fucking sense. Is English your first language? I ask with no malice, as it might provide rationale for your inability to craft a somewhat coherent and germane thought that can actually be parsed by a third party.
[+] 2 users Like Stefan Mayerschoff's post
26-07-2017, 05:32 AM
(25-07-2017 03:08 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I would agree that there is nothing even close to grounds for impeachment yet. However, there are certainly grounds for suspicion and for investigation -- and the fact that he's actively trying to block the investigation (and still trying to hide his tax returns) only increases the suspicion. He's not doing himself any favors with his current behavior. If he's truly innocent, he should welcome the investigation. It will either clear his name or make the investigators look like fools (if all they find is trivial stuff), and either result is good for him. He's acting very much as if he really does have something to hide.

I sort of agree with this. Where I waffle is on the whole "welcome the investigation" point. These things have tendency to take on a life of their own. First, you never know how evidence is going to be interpreted. Mueller has ties to Comey and it's not completely ridiculous for Trump to complain about possible bias there. And, then there is the problem of what is Mueller's actual remit?

Once a special prosecutor is appointed, he can keep digging and digging and they are not limited to the original investigation. Ken Starr was appointed to investigate the Whitewater deal in 1994, when Monica Lewinsky was still in highschool. He went on to look into the death of Vince Foster and finally nailed Clinton for lying about a blowjob. Clinton was the original lecherous scumbag in office, but there is no denying that whole thing was a massive witch hunt. That they caught a witch is almost besides the point.

Trump is not stupid. He's many things, but stupid is not one of them. He knows that if he doesn't limit this investigation it's likely to keep digging. And, what are the odds that he's at least technically guilty of something? The man has admitted to mob ties and all kinds of stuff, often in jest. But, he was in the construction business in New York for years. I have no doubt there is truth to a lot of it. He can't afford for someone to just have a license to investigate him without limits. And, I doubt most people at that position can.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost