Oh what a tangled web we weave

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2017, 05:56 AM
RE: Oh what a tangled web we weave
(26-07-2017 05:32 AM)BnW Wrote:  He can't afford for someone to just have a license to investigate him without limits. And, I doubt most people at that position can.

... So it's legit to quash the investigation? Since he's at least as bad as anyone else? Is there seriously not a single person in your entire nation with the appropriate qualifications who could actually be who they say they are and do a decent job of president?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
26-07-2017, 05:57 AM
(26-07-2017 05:32 AM)BnW Wrote:  ...
He can't afford for someone to just have a license to investigate him without limits. And, I doubt most people at that position can.

I can't help but think that he should have thought of that before he made his 'interference run' for office.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
26-07-2017, 06:42 AM
(26-07-2017 05:57 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(26-07-2017 05:32 AM)BnW Wrote:  ...
He can't afford for someone to just have a license to investigate him without limits. And, I doubt most people at that position can.

I can't help but think that he should have thought of that before he made his 'interference run' for office.

Drinking Beverage

But that would have required self-introspection and self-awareness. Rolleyes

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
26-07-2017, 06:44 AM
(26-07-2017 05:32 AM)BnW Wrote:  Once a special prosecutor is appointed, he can keep digging and digging and they are not limited to the original investigation. Ken Starr was appointed to investigate the Whitewater deal in 1994, when Monica Lewinsky was still in highschool. He went on to look into the death of Vince Foster and finally nailed Clinton for lying about a blowjob. Clinton was the original lecherous scumbag in office, but there is no denying that whole thing was a massive witch hunt. That they caught a witch is almost besides the point.

Trump is not stupid. He's many things, but stupid is not one of them. He knows that if he doesn't limit this investigation it's likely to keep digging. And, what are the odds that he's at least technically guilty of something? The man has admitted to mob ties and all kinds of stuff, often in jest. But, he was in the construction business in New York for years. I have no doubt there is truth to a lot of it. He can't afford for someone to just have a license to investigate him without limits. And, I doubt most people at that position can.

Are you actually comparing getting a blowjob from a willing adult to criminal business conduct and selling out your government? Because that is what I think we will find if we keep gathering proof. Impeachment because someone got a blowjob and didn't want anyone to know is just not comparable.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
26-07-2017, 08:29 AM
sigh

I never said it was ok to quash the investigation and I never said the accusations about Trump were equal to what they nailed Clinton on. I didn't comment on that at all.

The collective need to be continually outraged shouldn't trump (pardon my use of the word) basic reading comprehension skills.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
26-07-2017, 08:41 AM
(26-07-2017 08:29 AM)BnW Wrote:  sigh

I never said it was ok to quash the investigation and I never said the accusations about Trump were equal to what they nailed Clinton on. I didn't comment on that at all.

The collective need to be continually outraged shouldn't trump (pardon my use of the word) basic reading comprehension skills.

I apologize, I misread ... I have heard the two compared so often lately.

Obviously nobody wants an army of trained agents researching their past.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
26-07-2017, 11:36 AM
(26-07-2017 08:29 AM)BnW Wrote:  sigh

Outraged Rolleyes yeah, I'm totally outraged. My post was a question, because your post seemed to imply that the investigation was a waste of time.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
26-07-2017, 12:17 PM
Well, Trump continues to attack Sessions, even while Sessions is also in the WH Trump takes to twitter attacking him.

Now, I don't like Sessions even the least little bit. But I hope he has the back bone not to quit. He has a bunch of republicans speaking out for him. The more the republican party fractures, the less they get done...

If true to malignant narcissism, Trump won't be able to quit attacking Sessions until Sessions begs for mercy (one way or another). Trump must win this or it can go on for years. (like Hillary, Trump will attack her even when they are both old and decrepit and wheelchair bound and both are long out of politics.)

[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
26-07-2017, 12:51 PM
(26-07-2017 12:17 PM)Dom Wrote:  Well, Trump continues to attack Sessions, even while Sessions is also in the WH Trump takes to twitter attacking him.

Now, I don't like Sessions even the least little bit. But I hope he has the back bone not to quit. He has a bunch of republicans speaking out for him. The more the republican party fractures, the less they get done...

If true to malignant narcissism, Trump won't be able to quit attacking Sessions until Sessions begs for mercy (one way or another). Trump must win this or it can go on for years. (like Hillary, Trump will attack her even when they are both old and decrepit and wheelchair bound and both are long out of politics.)

If the Prez does have a tantrum and fires Sessions, he will get some (maybe a lot of) backlash from Senate Republicans. Sessions had a reasonably secure seat in the Senate, but gave it up to become the AG. Now, 5 months after being confirmed in the job, the President is attacking him and trying to force him out. And it isn't like he can get his Senate job back. Who will want to take his place? I almost want to see him offer the job to Ted Cruz, just because Cruz would have to give up his Senate seat for an uncertain future in the Cabinet. And considering the personality of Cruz, I don't see how he will not clash with Trump and put himself in jeopardy of being fired, too. Then who will be willing to follow him? But maybe Trump intends to "drain the swamp" by hiring and firing all of the swamp rats, leaving them looking for new jobs. Laugh out load
[+] 2 users Like Rockblossom's post
26-07-2017, 05:37 PM (This post was last modified: 26-07-2017 05:59 PM by Thoreauvian.)
(26-07-2017 12:17 PM)Dom Wrote:  If true to malignant narcissism, Trump won't be able to quit attacking Sessions until Sessions begs for mercy (one way or another).

Trump will always blame others when anything goes wrong. Because he is so wonderful, nothing could ever be his fault.

Facepalm
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post