Oh what fresh hell is this?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2015, 05:19 PM
Oh what fresh hell is this?
I saw this post on my newsfeed today and I honestly hope someone is trolling.

It's a photo with a woman with a c-section scar with the words: "Face the Facts: You didn't really give birth. You caught a lucky break. Please show some respect to superior women who actually had what it took to get the job done."

Then underneath that, this Facebook paged called Disciples of the New Dawn, commented on the photo saying, "Good advice from Matriarch Graber on behalf of The Circle of Matriarchs. They have delivered many babies over the years, NATURALLY and not once has needed a C-Section or pharmaceutical toxins. Pregnancy is a beautiful thing as it is the zenith of a woman's role in a moral Christian society. If God has decided to call you home, it is not up to you or a doctor to reject Him. You may find yourself cast into the lake of fire for doing so. God's Peace."

I'm afraid to look any further on the page or else I might rage.

We are eternal beings. Endings are not in our destiny.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2015, 05:27 PM
RE: Oh what fresh hell is this?
This is rather stupid, from the little I know about C-sections I understand that they're certainly not the easy route to go down because they can be very painful due to the recovery.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
30-03-2015, 05:28 PM
Misogyny, thy name is, once more, christian "morality".

Quantum Physics: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
[+] 6 users Like Alex K's post
30-03-2015, 05:29 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2015 06:35 PM by DLJ.)
Looks like a new fallacy....

Natural Birth Fallacy.

Or god of the natural gap Angel

Dodgy

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
30-03-2015, 05:36 PM
Let's just face it, giving birth in any way is no fun. I'm not sure I understand how one way can be superior to another. I had my kids all natural with no meds. I don't reccomend it. It's not superior. Get the epidural or whatever kind of pain meds you're offered.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
30-03-2015, 05:37 PM
This is another brilliant Poe site in the same vein as Christians for Michelle Bachmann. Trolling Christians with the logical conclusions to their own idiocy. Bravo New Dawn! Bravo.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
30-03-2015, 05:37 PM
The biggest difference between C section and "natural" childbirth??? *

A lower death rate for the mother.............

*when strict adherence to "natural" is held......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
30-03-2015, 05:38 PM
The Facebook page and the group is supposedly led by a priest.

It's all hateful bullshit against women. I am sure we have a few people here who will become fans.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
30-03-2015, 05:39 PM
(30-03-2015 05:28 PM)Alex K Wrote:  Misogyny, thy name is, once more, christian "morality".

My extremist friend posted something on abortion one day and I was just like, "Your body is no one's but your own. You don't know other women's stories or circumstances and more often than not, women do not make the decision of having an abortion lightly either." Cue her respond being about honoring God and what not. I basically spouted out that the bible does not think very highly of women to begin with and it's very unsettling that she'd be defending it.

To which she replied, "Read Esther. She's one of the strong women in the bible."

We are eternal beings. Endings are not in our destiny.
[+] 2 users Like kristenkjordan's post
30-03-2015, 05:46 PM
(30-03-2015 05:39 PM)kristenkjordan Wrote:  
(30-03-2015 05:28 PM)Alex K Wrote:  Misogyny, thy name is, once more, christian "morality".

My extremist friend posted something on abortion one day and I was just like, "Your body is no one's but your own. You don't know other women's stories or circumstances and more often than not, women do not make the decision of having an abortion lightly either." Cue her respond being about honoring God and what not.

The most prolific abortionist in the world always was God Himself.

Quantum Physics: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
[+] 4 users Like Alex K's post