Oh what fresh hell is this?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2015, 06:08 PM
RE: Oh what fresh hell is this?
(30-03-2015 05:39 PM)kristenkjordan Wrote:  
(30-03-2015 05:28 PM)Alex K Wrote:  Misogyny, thy name is, once more, christian "morality".

My extremist friend posted something on abortion one day and I was just like, "Your body is no one's but your own. You don't know other women's stories or circumstances and more often than not, women do not make the decision of having an abortion lightly either." Cue her respond being about honoring God and what not. I basically spouted out that the bible does not think very highly of women to begin with and it's very unsettling that she'd be defending it.

To which she replied, "Read Esther. She's one of the strong women in the bible."

Who has to be a "strong women" because women are so oppressed (in the bible and that time period in general).
You never hear of "strong men" (in the sense of strong women, not of physical strength).

One "strong women" is hardly proof that women had it good. Just as Einstein isn't proof that all man kind is as smart as he is.
Friend friend/s logic is stupid.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
30-03-2015, 06:11 PM
That's the most fucked up thing I've seen all day.

Well, almost. Facepalm

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

30-03-2015, 06:13 PM
Now that, is real mysogyny and people should treat the individual posting this with the contempt that he deserves.

Thing is, with all this feminist bollocks declaring everything mysogynist, real mysogyny will be relatevised and framed to be ignored.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
30-03-2015, 06:22 PM
(30-03-2015 06:11 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  That's the most fucked up thing I've seen all day.

Well, almost. Facepalm

Goodlordgod...if that's not the worst thing you have seen today...yeesh, I don't even know what to say. Huh

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
30-03-2015, 06:26 PM
(30-03-2015 06:13 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Now that, is real mysogyny and people should treat the individual posting this with the contempt that he deserves.

Thing is, with all this feminist bollocks declaring everything mysogynist, real mysogyny will be relatevised and framed to be ignored.

In my personal experience I have seen a lot more women spouting this bullshit than men.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
30-03-2015, 06:31 PM
(30-03-2015 06:13 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Now that, is real mysogyny and people should treat the individual posting this with the contempt that he deserves.

Let's allow ourselves more subtlety than your average populist. This here is pretty bad, blowing up schools that teach girls in afghanistan is even worse, but that doesn't invalidate our example here. Likewise, it doesn't mean that we can't also recognize less crass but possibly more ubiquitous everyday sexism.

Quantum Physics: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
[+] 2 users Like Alex K's post
30-03-2015, 06:46 PM
I just went against what I said I wouldn't do....I went deeper into the page.

Gravity just took my jaw down so hard that I think I broke it...Shocking

We are eternal beings. Endings are not in our destiny.
30-03-2015, 06:56 PM
(30-03-2015 06:22 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(30-03-2015 06:11 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  That's the most fucked up thing I've seen all day.

Well, almost. Facepalm

Goodlordgod...if that's not the worst thing you have seen today...yeesh, I don't even know what to say. Huh

Yeah, you don't wanna know. No

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

30-03-2015, 08:24 PM
(30-03-2015 05:29 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Or god of the natural gap Angel

I... C what you did there. Angel

As usual, I'm pro choice. Leave women to give birth as they see fit. Unless there are medical reasons to force better routes, if someone wants to go all natural or use other methods, let them be.

Although I'm not actually an expert in this topic, and it's 4:23 am here, so take that into account. Tongue

@moms Hug

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
30-03-2015, 10:11 PM
When I was pregnant at 23 with no mother figure in my life, I let my mother in law and her best friend the midwife lead me.

I want to make it clear I am also pro choice when it comes to giving birth and support any woman's decision on the matter.

I also had 23 hours of labor, and a few hours of prayer circle before going to the hospital and having an emergency C section due to fetal distress. I had a successful vbac birth 8 years later under ob/gyn supervision. I am grateful for both of my sons.