Oh, you're a scientist...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-09-2011, 08:18 PM
RE: Oh, you're a scientist...
(21-09-2011 05:02 PM)Peterkin Wrote:  I suspect the puppet-masters have an ulterior motive for demonizing (literally!) science and scientists, which had nothing to do with religion, until they connect those dots for the morons who follow their lead. I think the real reason is climate change, environmental degradation and pollution. There is very big profit in trashing the planet; got to silence and/or discredit the people who warn against it.

Try this...

My brother, a super-fundi says, "We are supposed to subdue the earth. Jesus is coming soon so the earth doesn't matter. Jesus is going to take up his followers, the others will stay here and suffer, then god is going to blow it up. What does it matter if we use up the planet. I say use it all, now. It's ours for the taking. It won't be here later."

I have actually heard this argument many, many times.

Needless to say, he and I don't have a whole lot to talk about.

Who can turn skies back and begin again?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-09-2011, 08:24 PM
The fact that people have been saying this for generations upon generations does not resonate with him? This attitude of rape and pillage the Earth is F^%^ing stupid. "Don't worry. My cousin said Jesus is due any day now, and he will just fix it all right back up, good as new!"

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
21-09-2011, 08:36 PM
(21-09-2011 08:24 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  The fact that people have been saying this for generations upon generations does not resonate with him?

Nope.

Quote:This attitude of rape and pillage the Earth is F^%^ing stupid.

You mean fucking? Yup.

Quote:"Don't worry. My cousin said Jesus is due any day now, and he will just fix it all right back up, good as new!"

Gee, can't wait.

Angry

Who can turn skies back and begin again?
22-09-2011, 07:53 AM
(21-09-2011 08:18 PM)defacto7 Wrote:  My brother, a super-fundi says, "We are supposed to subdue the earth. Jesus is coming soon so the earth doesn't matter. Jesus is going to take up his followers, the others will stay here and suffer, then god is going to blow it up. What does it matter if we use up the planet. I say use it all, now. It's ours for the taking. It won't be here later."

I have actually heard this argument many, many times.

Needless to say, he and I don't have a whole lot to talk about.

So, then, why do they care about getting one of their own into the White House? What's it matter if the left-behind have health care, unions and debt? Why worry about science taught in school? Why, indeed, try to control a world they're planning to leave behind?
It's another both/and situation. The morons are told one thing, while the masters have a whole different agenda.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
[+] 1 user Likes Peterkin's post
22-09-2011, 01:58 PM
(21-09-2011 11:50 AM)NotSoVacuous Wrote:  My question is, when the fuck did the work "Scientist" become a "bad" word?

I've never heard it used that way by anyone, and I would venture that your experience was very limited and narrow and not representing any culture as a whole. Likely, the kid's just not that bright.

[Image: 81564_gal-1.jpg]
22-09-2011, 05:51 PM

I am deeply in love with science. That should be pretty obvious by now.

In the introduction to my book I write:

"If we embrace what we have, what has been proven to work century after century of human history, then we can solve all the problems of “The Human Condition” that have plagued us for millennia.
I think of us human beings as cells in a living body: the body of Nature. I hope we are not cancer cells, destroying our host and thus destroying ourselves. It is our choice: we can love and respect Nature as our Mother, or we can betray her soul."
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Zatamon's post