Oh, you're blessed?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2017, 11:36 AM
Oh, you're blessed?
I have to admit, there are quite a few things that grind my gears when it comes to theists, but one that stands out the most is when they say they are blessed. I'm not talking about the definition you find six or seven entries down that refers to being fortunate or lucky. You know these ignorant believers feel their sky daddy "blessed" them with their wonderful job, fantastic spouse and terrific children.

I find this incredibly offensive. What they are saying, without actually saying it, is they believe their god has chosen to give them these nice things while choosing to not give these "blessings" to others. The ego on these people is bigger than the great outdoors. How arrogant to think your god loves you more than other people.

It's actually sad and indefensible.

/rant

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like WillHopp's post
17-02-2017, 11:38 AM
RE: Oh, you're blessed?
Quote:You know these ignorant believers feel their sky daddy "blessed" them with their wonderful job, fantastic spouse and terrific children.

So how come they were so miserable that they voted for that fuckface, Trump?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
17-02-2017, 11:48 AM
(17-02-2017 11:38 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote:You know these ignorant believers feel their sky daddy "blessed" them with their wonderful job, fantastic spouse and terrific children.

So how come they were so miserable that they voted for that fuckface, Trump?

For someone who dislikes him, you sure talk about him a lot.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
17-02-2017, 11:50 AM
(17-02-2017 11:48 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(17-02-2017 11:38 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  So how come they were so miserable that they voted for that fuckface, Trump?

It's almost like we really know in our hearts that Trump exists. If we really believed he was imaginary, why would we hate him so? Cool

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 3 users Like Reltzik's post
17-02-2017, 12:10 PM
I just think it's ridiculous. A magical sky daddy blessed them with awards or a Super Bowl win, meanwhile, children are starving, people are homeless, people are sick and dying, all unblessed. But these assholes with their awards-Praise Jesus Dodgy
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
17-02-2017, 12:17 PM
Arrogant to the day they die. Thinking that in this world everything in their mind is just perfect and the people who don't have what they do are sinful and haven't 'accepted Jesus'. It's just disgusting.

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
17-02-2017, 12:28 PM
(17-02-2017 11:38 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  So how come they were so miserable that they voted for that fuckface, Trump?

You're goddamn right about that. Crazy motherfuckers with control of nukes need to be talked about constantly.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
17-02-2017, 12:40 PM
Oh, you're blessed?

You have to understand Min. He is grumpy all the time and easily aggravated. He is mostly harmless though.
[Image: 352f22490b399d2c51858eda19633bba.jpg]
[+] 7 users Like KUSA's post
17-02-2017, 12:55 PM
Some theists say that they are blessed by Almighty? Well it's not like arrogance isn't part of religious beliefs so nothing surprising here.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
17-02-2017, 03:50 PM

Oh, come now. That's the same drivel we atheists get from theists: "for someone who doesn't believe in god, you sure talk about him a lot." I don't think we want to go there.

Besides, people often talk a lot about people they dislike, and often actively oppose them. How is it hypocritical or disingenuous to talk about someone you dislike, unless your main coping mechanism for such people is to ignore them?