Ohhhh no!!!!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-10-2016, 06:29 PM
Ohhhh no!!!!!!
My dogs disturbed a skunk and he objected. I had just turned the AC on and now my house is full of skunk smell. Not to mention that the dogs sleep inside....and I'm going to have to let them in.

Sadcryface2

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2016, 06:33 PM
RE: Ohhhh no!!!!!!
Is it true that tomato sauce will get rid of the smell of a skunk?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
08-10-2016, 06:48 PM
(08-10-2016 06:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Is it true that tomato sauce will get rid of the smell of a skunk?

Yep, thanks, I will do it. Just got the same advice from a canine handler. I got the stuff here, too.

Quote: mix a quart of three percent hydrogen peroxide with a quarter cup of baking soda and a teaspoon or two of liquid detergent

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
08-10-2016, 07:22 PM
Maybe try baking soda along with the tomato juice? I donno....just throwing that thought out there. Good luck, Dom. Sadcryface

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
08-10-2016, 07:28 PM
If you use Dawn as the liquid detergent in your mix it might help a little.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
08-10-2016, 07:36 PM
Whatever you use, I'd start off by shaving the dog.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
08-10-2016, 07:54 PM
(08-10-2016 07:36 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Whatever you use, I'd start off by shaving the dog.

I was thinking the same.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
08-10-2016, 08:13 PM
Baking soda is good. Soda ash is better - it crushes bacteria, which holds smells.
There is an Arm & Hammer "Washing Soda" product (which is soda ash & a detergent) - you might try that on the dogs. I can get it at my local farm & ranch supply so you should be able to find it online, if nothing else.
Like I said, it's soda ash which destroys bacteria. Soda ash is essentially baking soda with all the water baked (burned) out of it.

If the smell is still a bother in the house ... you might want to "fumigate" with a Concrobium fogger which can be rented at Home Depot. (Or you can purchase one on amazon for about $250.00) Concrobium is essentially soda ash and the fogger is a dispersal device. Concrobium (soda ash) will crush any unknown bacteria in your home and leave it smelling very clean. I've used it in my basement ... a place no one wants to go. Shocking

Dang.
When my dogs became involved with a skunk, I just let them wallow around in the mud (a couple of days) until they decided they could stand their own smell. I know that isn't much help but ... that's really all I got. They were farm dogs - outside only.
Hug
Fuckin' goofyass dogs.
How is it we love dogs and so much? Maybe ... maybe, it's because the only true thing they do ... is love us back. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
08-10-2016, 08:28 PM
I'm sorry! Good luck with getting rid of the smell.

It's like my worst nightmare.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

08-10-2016, 08:56 PM
This little blurb explains why baking soda and hydrogen peroxide work and also warns of the secondary stink you'll get once you add water and explains why that happens. Good read.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-chemistry-of-...1567355548

'Murican Canadian