Ohhhh no!!!!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-10-2016, 09:00 PM
RE: Ohhhh no!!!!!!
put bowls of vinegar all around your house, it will help get rid of the smell in the house

I ended up making a paste of baking soda, peroxide, and Dawn and applying it to our dog's face (where she took the direct hit). Be careful around the eyes, though. It worked great, I have to say!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2016, 03:14 AM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2016 03:17 AM by Gloucester.)
(08-10-2016 08:56 PM)yakherder Wrote:  This little blurb explains why baking soda and hydrogen peroxide work and also warns of the secondary stink you'll get once you add water and explains why that happens. Good read.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-chemistry-of-...1567355548
Fascinating (so long as you don't actually need the info, like poor Dom!)

Knew about the reason for the sulphur smells when women perm hair, did the usual "experminents" with sulphur + iron filings + heat etc. as a kid, but, since skunks are a bit rare over here, learned something there.

One the rare chance of my meeting a pissed off skunk in the streets of Gloucester I know what to do now . . . Hold a lighted match near its ass end! (Added) From one side of course.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
09-10-2016, 07:17 AM
Well, I washed two dogs with the mixture. The very short haired great Dane is almost free of smell (but she was a handful, she did not appreciate the procedure and she is the size of a calf). The Shepherd is the East German variety - longer hair and a dense under coat. Didn't work as well for him.

Then I mopped the floors with a vinegar solution, and today I will do so with a cinnamon solution. (both of these mask stink in the air).

Anyway, I have no idea if it stinks here or not. Went to sleep with vick's vaporub under my nose. I actually can't smell anything this morning, not even my coffee. I have gone "nose blind". Sadcryface

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
09-10-2016, 07:54 AM
There is one other alternative. Angel

[Image: kill-it-with-fire-demotivational-poster-1235695993.jpg]

You’re welcome. Smile

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
09-10-2016, 08:00 AM
(09-10-2016 07:54 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  There is one other alternative. Angel

You’re welcome. Smile

Shit man, it was only a single hornet!

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
09-10-2016, 09:23 AM
(09-10-2016 07:54 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  There is one other alternative. Angel

You’re welcome. Smile

My name is Fireball and I approve of this picture.

BoT, sorry to see your dogs got into it with a skunk. Looks like you've gotten some good advice!
09-10-2016, 04:57 PM
(08-10-2016 06:48 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(08-10-2016 06:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Is it true that tomato sauce will get rid of the smell of a skunk?

Yep, thanks, I will do it. Just got the same advice from a canine handler. I got the stuff here, too.

Quote: mix a quart of three percent hydrogen peroxide with a quarter cup of baking soda and a teaspoon or two of liquid detergent

SOS - Skunk Odor Shampoo

Available at better pet stores everywhere.

It works.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-10-2016, 05:15 PM
Thinking of that smell reminds me of when my dog decided to roll in cow shit... Lovely smell too.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
09-10-2016, 05:21 PM
(09-10-2016 05:15 PM)Leela Wrote:  Thinking of that smell reminds me of when my dog decided to roll in cow shit... Lovely smell too.

Our dog once rolled in a rotted moose corpse...'course it had to be when we were driving through the middle of Canadian wilderness and had no way to give her a proper bath.

My dad tried vinegar to help clean her a little, but it prolly would've been best if he didn't...you could smell her a mile away and we had to drive with her in the back of the car!

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/