Ohio 'heartbeat bill' - abortion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2016, 04:05 PM
RE: Ohio 'heartbeat bill' - abortion
(18-12-2016 04:02 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Also you can never be certain with regret how much religion plays a part of those emotions.

That's a study I'd like to see, but will likely never be done.

Might be doable with available data - at least to see if there's any correlation. Just group the women by religion and see if there's any difference between non-religious and religious groups as to regrets.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2016, 04:58 PM
(18-12-2016 04:05 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(18-12-2016 04:02 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Also you can never be certain with regret how much religion plays a part of those emotions.

That's a study I'd like to see, but will likely never be done.

Might be doable with available data - at least to see if there's any correlation. Just group the women by religion and see if there's any difference between non-religious and religious groups as to regrets.

It should also cover their family and their friends. One can be made to feel guilty and regret.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
18-12-2016, 05:31 PM
(18-12-2016 02:10 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Do you suggest abstinence in all situations except for the purpose of reproducing? No birth control method is 100% effective so it seems that if two people decide to engage in sexual intercourse they must be prepared to parent a child should their efforts at preventing pregnancy fail.
No, I suggest using contraceptives to make unwanted pregnancies much less likely and thereby reducing the need for abortions in the first place. I can't say I understand why that position is so controversial around here.

(18-12-2016 02:10 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I may not be understanding your stance. Are you just taking and defending a side?
At this point I'm just trying to respond to the dozen or so people who disagree with something I said at some point. I'm probably going to move on to a different thread soon because it's a time-consuming task and I only have so much free time.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
18-12-2016, 05:39 PM
(18-12-2016 03:07 PM)kim Wrote:  I have to ask Vosur, would you be inclined to state: even one woman suffering negative mental health effects from giving birth is cause enough to want to reduce their incidence?
I would but, I tend to think the world is far too overpopulated with the human species. Shy
Yeah, I would be inclined to agree with that sentiment. I think we should try to minimize human suffering wherever we can so long as we do it humanely.

(18-12-2016 03:07 PM)kim Wrote:  It is apparent that the right to make such a decision must be in the hands of the person who's body will undergo the procedure ... whether that procedure is giving birth or getting an abortion.
(18-12-2016 03:16 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I went through a terrible case of post-partum depression after my second child...like suicidal level depression. Should all women who suffer from such be prevented from another pregnancy?
(18-12-2016 03:23 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Also funny how, when I point out that carrying a child is dangerous to the mother and must therefore be something undertaken voluntarily-- not under duress by the state-- it doesn't seem to matter to "pro-Life" advocates.

Can someone explain to me why so many people are responding to me like I'm trying to outlaw abortions and/or prevent anyone from getting one? That is not and has never been my position in this thread.

[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
18-12-2016, 06:17 PM
(18-12-2016 01:34 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(18-12-2016 05:18 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Then why the fuck do you care? It's fucking idiotic American politics. I thought you bright. Was I wrong??? Blink
You'll have to ask your question in good faith if you want my answer to be anything other than "My reasons are none of your business."

Mate "good faith"? I don't think that phrase fits.

My question was sincere.

I live in Australia. You live in the Czech republic.

My question stands.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
19-12-2016, 06:30 AM
(18-12-2016 06:17 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Mate "good faith"? I don't think that phrase fits. My question was sincere. I live in Australia. You live in the Czech republic. My question stands.
My SO and a bunch of my friends live in the US. As far as I'm concerned, it's only natural that I'd be interested in and care about politics in their country.

19-12-2016, 06:38 AM
(19-12-2016 06:30 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(18-12-2016 06:17 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Mate "good faith"? I don't think that phrase fits. My question was sincere. I live in Australia. You live in the Czech republic. My question stands.
My SO and a bunch of my friends live in the US. As far as I'm concerned, it's only natural that I'd be interested in and care about politics in their country.

Whatever dude.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
19-12-2016, 10:03 AM
(19-12-2016 06:38 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Whatever dude.
While we're at it, care to explain why you only ever single me out for posting in US-related threads as a non-American? Just looking at this thread, there's Szuchow from Poland, morondog from South Africa and epronovost and Paleophyte from Canada.

19-12-2016, 10:14 AM
(19-12-2016 10:03 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(19-12-2016 06:38 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Whatever dude.
While we're at it, care to explain why you only ever single me out for posting in US-related threads as a non-American? Just looking at this thread, there's Szuchow from Poland, morondog from South Africa and epronovost and Paleophyte from Canada.

Let's not get sidetracked here. Personally I am interested in it because the local crowd here are being influenced by American politics and religious politics entwined with issues such as abortion is on the rise. We are fertile ground for it. Most of the country is Christian and highly religious.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
19-12-2016, 10:30 AM
(18-12-2016 03:16 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I went through a terrible case of post-partum depression after my second child...like suicidal level depression.

ManlyGirl's started after #2. After #4 she was catatonic. Nasty business that postpartum depression. #5 would've either killed or institutionalized her. The D&C was incidental to the tubal ligation.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post