Ohio 'heartbeat bill' - abortion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-12-2016, 01:11 PM
RE: Ohio 'heartbeat bill' - abortion
(18-12-2016 03:07 PM)kim Wrote:  [...] I have to ask Vosur, would you be inclined to state: even one woman suffering negative mental health effects from giving birth is cause enough to want to reduce their incidence?

Well said. Using Vosur's overly simplistic logic, if even one woman gets the "baby blues" (postpartum depression) then we should be also discouraging getting pregnant willingly.

In the US, postpartum depression is one of the leading causes of the murder of children less than 12 months of age, and which occurs in about 8 per 100,000 live births. And worse, postpartum psychosis occurs in about 1 per 1,000 births, and can take up to one year to cure.

—I'm only posting these figures as Vosur seems now to be emphasising the negative psychological effects on the woman who has an abortion (rather than the fetus) and intimating that pregnancies are all smooth sailing for the woman.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-12-2016, 01:32 PM
(19-12-2016 01:11 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Well said. Using Vosur's overly simplistic logic, if even one woman gets the "baby blues" (postpartum depression) then we should be also discouraging getting pregnant willingly.

In the US, postpartum depression is one of the leading causes of the murder of children less than 12 months of age, and which occurs in about 8 per 100,000 live births. And worse, postpartum psychosis occurs in about 1 per 1,000 births, and can take up to one year to cure.

—I'm only posting these figures as Vosur seems now to be emphasising the negative psychological effects on the woman who has an abortion (rather than the fetus) and intimating that pregnancies are all smooth sailing for the woman.
I never said a word about discouraging anyone from getting an abortion (virtually all of my suggestions have been aimed at preventing unwanted pregnancies so that fewer women will have to face the choice of whether or not get an abortion in the first place) and I never commented on the ease or difficulty of pregnancies one way or the other. You're free to argue with the fantasies in your head, but in that case you shouldn't be surprised if I talk to you like a delusional, raving hobo.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
19-12-2016, 01:49 PM
(19-12-2016 01:32 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I never said a word about discouraging anyone from getting an abortion (virtually all of my suggestions have been aimed at preventing unwanted pregnancies so that fewer women will have to face the choice of whether or not get an abortion in the first place)...

So in a nutshell... you're not an anti-abortion advocate. Your concern is specifically with the (purported) negative psychological effects of abortion and/or carrying to term on the woman. And you don't regard any/all intervention by the State as fair and reasonable.

(19-12-2016 01:32 PM)Vosur Wrote:  You're free to argue with the fantasies in your head, but in that case you shouldn't be surprised if I talk to you like a delusional, raving hobo.

I'm afraid ad hominems aren't supportive of your argument.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
19-12-2016, 02:01 PM
(19-12-2016 01:49 PM)SYZ Wrote:  So in a nutshell... you're not an anti-abortion advocate. Your concern is specifically with the (purported) negative psychological effects of abortion and/or carrying to term on the woman. And you don't regard any/all intervention by the State as fair and reasonable.
That sounds about right. I don't think the government should have any say in the matter.

(19-12-2016 01:49 PM)SYZ Wrote:  I'm afraid ad hominems aren't supportive of your argument.
My apologies, I can get a little snarky when I'm annoyed. Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
19-12-2016, 02:05 PM (This post was last modified: 19-12-2016 02:19 PM by GirlyMan.)
(19-12-2016 02:01 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(19-12-2016 01:49 PM)SYZ Wrote:  I'm afraid ad hominems aren't supportive of your argument.
My apologies, I can get a little snarky when I'm annoyed. Tongue

Which given the frequency of your veiled insults is apparently all the time.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
19-12-2016, 03:35 PM
(19-12-2016 10:03 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(19-12-2016 06:38 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Whatever dude.
While we're at it, care to explain why you only ever single me out for posting in US-related threads as a non-American? Just looking at this thread, there's Szuchow from Poland, morondog from South Africa and epronovost and Paleophyte from Canada.

Not trying to single you out mate. You do have a habbit of posting right wing nonsense in political threads. Lots of posts. I think the very number of them is what gets my attention.

Nothing more.

Ohio? Really?
Do we really need more Americans?
Let them abort as often as they like. The world will be better off.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
20-12-2016, 11:11 AM (This post was last modified: 20-12-2016 12:22 PM by Vosur.)
(19-12-2016 03:35 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Not trying to single you out mate. You do have a habbit of posting right wing nonsense in political threads. Lots of posts. I think the very number of them is what gets my attention. Nothing more.
Are Germans not allowed to have right-wing views? Is that what all this fuss is about?

(19-12-2016 03:35 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Ohio? Really? Do we really need more Americans? Let them abort as often as they like. The world will be better off.
What a bigoted and callous thing to say. No

20-12-2016, 12:16 PM
(20-12-2016 11:11 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(19-12-2016 03:35 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Ohio? Really? Do we really need more Americans? Let them abort as often as they like. The world will be better off.
What a bigoted and callous thing to say. No

It's a valid point. There are more than enough humans.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
20-12-2016, 12:29 PM
(20-12-2016 12:16 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 11:11 AM)Vosur Wrote:  What a bigoted and callous thing to say. No

It's a valid point. There are more than enough humans.

But not enough republican Americans. Since republican Americans are the superior group of humans on the planet, we could use some more of them. We kick ass. We control the most amazing, successful country on earth. Our 2nd class citizens, known as democrat Americans, are also superior to the rest of the world, but only because we are there to back them up. We let democrat Americans stay around because they are good with computers, and good at cleaning toilets and making cheeseburgers. Can't live without them I suppose.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Lord Dark Helmet's post
20-12-2016, 12:34 PM
(20-12-2016 12:29 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 12:16 PM)morondog Wrote:  It's a valid point. There are more than enough humans.

But not enough republican Americans. Since republican Americans are the superior group of humans on the planet, we could use some more of them. We kick ass. We control the most amazing, successful country on earth. Our 2nd class citizens, known as democrat Americans, are also superior to the rest of the world, but only because we are there to back them up. We let democrat Americans stay around because they are good with computers, and good at cleaning toilets and making cheeseburgers. Can't live without them I suppose.

You forgot cannon fodder.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post