Ohio 'heartbeat bill' - abortion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-12-2016, 08:22 AM
RE: Ohio 'heartbeat bill' - abortion
(13-12-2016 06:42 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  If a woman is so stupid that she can't figure out that she is pregnant, schedule her abortion, then have the abortion procedure within 5 months she probably shouldn't be having sex. 5 months is plenty of damn time to get it done.

Bullshit. 20 weeks is the number and that's not even 5 months. 20 weeks is also a very nice arbitrarily round number - which makes it suspiciously random and based on nothing. So, for the sake of being accurate with such a delicate matter:

1. Please define "life" in a way that will be accepted by the same number of people that agree that walking up to a person on the street and murdering them is wrong.

2. Then please explain exactly at what point in its development a fetus finally fits that definition. Don't forget to provide definitive evidence so the same number of people will agree.

Then we'll have a discussion starting point about what legislation does or does not make sense. Take your time. I'll wait. Drinking Beverage

Oh, and keep in mind, definitions like "first brain activity" or "first heart beat" have already been tried and have failed to gain the volume of agreement needed. You're going to have to be completely original.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-12-2016, 10:26 AM
(13-12-2016 06:42 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(13-12-2016 06:19 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  But he signed a different one which is almost as bad.

He's just another republicunt motherfucker who thinks pregnancy is a great way to oppress women.

Fuck him.

If a woman is so stupid that she can't figure out that she is pregnant, schedule her abortion, then have the abortion procedure within 5 months she probably shouldn't be having sex. 5 months is plenty of damn time to get it done.

You can look up statistics for yourself, but most abortions performed after 20 weeks are done because there are maternal issues (like preeclampsia and other issues) or a fetal issue (like a severe birth defect). Most of those aren't discovered until the first ultrasound which is usually done around 20 weeks.

You'd be amazed how many women are forced to end their pregnancies for medical reasons. This is also why its so disingenuous for people like you to say shit like that.

Majority of abortions performed are performed at or around three months. There are also issues with women not being able to get an appointment too in some states, thanks to laws that essentially eliminate clinics.

I get that you're a conservative, but why you seem to feel the need to defend every single thing any conservative law maker does is really beyond me.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 7 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
14-12-2016, 10:32 AM
(13-12-2016 06:42 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  If a woman is so stupid that she can't figure out that she is pregnant, schedule her abortion, then have the abortion procedure within 5 months she probably shouldn't be having sex.

If a man is so stupid he doesn't know how to avoid impregnating a woman he probably shouldn't be having sex.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-12-2016, 10:35 AM
(14-12-2016 10:26 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I get that you're a conservative, but why you seem to feel the need to defend every single thing any conservative law maker does is really beyond me.

He's just now realizing he's been played like a fiddle and it pisses him off.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
14-12-2016, 11:14 AM
(09-12-2016 06:05 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(09-12-2016 05:27 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  http://www.forbes.com/sites/emilywilling...6fa481bdc5

It's unconstitutional, and has been ruled so in the past. There is no exception for rape and incest. It FAILS in every way. Of course YOU know nothing AT ALL about health care, so your opinion on the matter is utterly irrelevant. The bill was clearly written by religionists. "Moment of conception" .. LMAO. There is no such "moment".

Ohio passed two abortion laws over the last two days. The heartbeat law and a 20 week ban. In the interest of preventing outrage, and Kasich being fairly moderate, he might veto the heartbeat bill and allow the 20 week ban go into effect.

I called it.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
14-12-2016, 11:40 AM
(14-12-2016 11:14 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I called it.

With the same flawed thought process as Kasich, there's really no big surprise that you could foresee what he would do in this case. Drinking Beverage

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
14-12-2016, 01:43 PM
(14-12-2016 11:14 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(09-12-2016 06:05 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Ohio passed two abortion laws over the last two days. The heartbeat law and a 20 week ban. In the interest of preventing outrage, and Kasich being fairly moderate, he might veto the heartbeat bill and allow the 20 week ban go into effect.

I called it.

Do you suffer from some sort of inferiority complex which compels you to advertise your clairvoyance?

14-12-2016, 04:36 PM
(13-12-2016 06:42 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  If a woman is so stupid that she can't figure out that she is pregnant, schedule her abortion, then have the abortion procedure within 5 months she probably shouldn't be having sex. 5 months is plenty of damn time to get it done.

If a man is so stupid that he thinks that he has any right to legislate what a woman may or may not do with her body then he deserves to have his balls torn off and fed to him in thin slices.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
14-12-2016, 08:45 PM
(14-12-2016 04:36 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  

If a man is so stupid that he thinks that he has any right to legislate what a woman may or may not do with her body then he deserves to have his balls torn off and fed to him in thin slices.

This isn't just a man thing. Plenty of women serve in republican legislatures and vote for these kinds of bills. Women vote for republican candidates that represent their view as well. The votors of Ohio (both men and women) voted a republican legislature and republican governor into power. If the majority of Ohioans were against these kinds of bills, they would have elected democrats instead.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
15-12-2016, 01:03 AM
(14-12-2016 08:45 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(14-12-2016 04:36 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  If a man is so stupid that he thinks that he has any right to legislate what a woman may or may not do with her body then he deserves to have his balls torn off and fed to him in thin slices.

This isn't just a man thing. Plenty of women serve in republican legislatures and vote for these kinds of bills. Women vote for republican candidates that represent their view as well. The votors of Ohio (both men and women) voted a republican legislature and republican governor into power. If the majority of Ohioans were against these kinds of bills, they would have elected democrats instead.

Of course, the majority is always right not so? Bring back slavery. After all there's less black people than white. I'm sure you could get a majority in buttfuck nowhere, south USA to vote for it.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post