Ohio supreme court upholds firing of creationist teacher

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2014, 04:28 PM
RE: Ohio supreme court upholds firing of creationist teacher
Shouldn't he be in the loony bin for burning a students arm?

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2014, 09:41 AM
He shouldn't be teaching anywhere. Teaching creationist crap in a science class is so wrong. It's like a history teacher telling kids that the British won the American Revolution or that Hitler won WW II or the Egyptians didn't build Pyramids. It's just wrong.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
15-10-2014, 01:48 PM
(12-10-2014 07:09 PM)Dom Wrote:  He used a Tesla coil to burn a cross on a student's arm? Facepalm

And that was in 2008. For some reason, even though the family sued, the school didn't fire him until 2011. Gasp

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
15-10-2014, 01:52 PM
(12-10-2014 07:29 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  kills me that the supreme court pussed out by refusing to hear the case and make a definitive stand, instead they waved it aside based on his insubordinate conduct.

Rolleyes

Yeah, there's that side of it. But the other side of it is the religion had already been ruled on (sort of) in the state court so I'm kind of glad that his arrogance for pushing the issue further wasn't given the time of day.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
15-10-2014, 01:53 PM
(12-10-2014 06:57 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  http://www.inquisitr.com/1535156/supreme...justified/

Supreme Court rejected Monday the appeal of Ohio science teacher John Freshwater, who was fired three years ago for teaching creationism. Freshwater, who taught eight grade science until 2011 at the Mount Vernon Middle School, reportedly taught creationism instead of evolution during science classes and also decorated his classroom with religious verses and imagery.

According to Raw Story, Freshwater was dismissed from his teaching position at the Ohio school for rejecting evolutionary principles and for giving extra points to students who attended creationist films. Freshwater also posted biblical verses on the walls of his public school classroom. In 2008, Freshwater allegedly used a high-voltage Tesla coil to burn a cross on a student’s arm.....

2014 folks, and this is the BS going on in public school.

Went from "Good he doesn't belong there if he won't teach science." to "Holy fuck he burned a student!? Jail that fucker!"

Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than the sage among his books. For to you kingdoms and their armies are things mighty and enduring, but to him they are but toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger.”

― Gordon R. Dickson
[+] 2 users Like Winterwolf00's post
15-10-2014, 02:00 PM
Thanks for posting about this GWoG.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
15-10-2014, 02:25 PM
(15-10-2014 01:52 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(12-10-2014 07:29 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  kills me that the supreme court pussed out by refusing to hear the case and make a definitive stand, instead they waved it aside based on his insubordinate conduct.

Rolleyes

Yeah, there's that side of it. But the other side of it is the religion had already been ruled on (sort of) in the state court so I'm kind of glad that his arrogance for pushing the issue further wasn't given the time of day.

Actually it was given the time of day to the tune of around $900K in taxpayer money to defend his firing. That definitely sucks as this issue has (sort of) been ruled on before and his appeal should have tossed out long ago.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post
15-10-2014, 02:31 PM
(15-10-2014 02:25 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  Actually it was given the time of day to the tune of around $900K in taxpayer money to defend his firing. That definitely sucks as this issue has (sort of) been ruled on before and his appeal should have tossed out long ago.

True enough, but dismissing it outright sure beats spending even more money on hearing the case.

15-10-2014, 04:46 PM
all good points. Yes

MSBB,

YW, I thought it was relevant enough to post as not everyone in TTA is in the US and hovering over our crazy ( i ) news stories looking for little gems like this Big Grin

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)