Oi!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-10-2016, 02:02 PM (This post was last modified: 30-10-2016 02:58 PM by Skyhawk.)
Oi!
ETA: Oops. I was kind of using hers as a format. Just read on...
---

I think I've browsed here before, but over the years I've been very comfortable at AF (org). And I had come there from AF (com), which seemed a bit cliquish.

The org is still a very good place. A lot of solid people there. Maybe a little bit of drama lately, but not enough to make me leave (I'm c172 out yonder, btw). I just got curious about TTA, because it has gotten mentioned a lot over the years, and I know at least one person did defect over here from the org. Maybe more. It does seem some people are a bit upset with the other site. To each their own.

So, I'm 40 (b. 1975). American on the west coast. I grew up mostly in the Unitarian Universalist church, but eventually had some political disagreements with them. Plus, I'm an atheist. I don't need church. Simple as that.

I am retired (disability. Spina bifida. Please ask. Don't assume.). But I have gainfully been a library assistant and telephone salesman, amongst other things.

I follow soccer and fleetingly some other olympic sports (including my local college tennis team). Seattle Sounders, Manchester City, Bayer Leverkusen, USA, and more. Men and women.

"Skyhawk" refers to the Cessna 172, an airplane. I am an aviation and fire/rescue buff, sort of. I find it fascinating. Here out west, we live at the intersection of those two things, with Tankers 910, 911 and 912 (DC-10's!!) doing drops on brush fires rather regularly. A company in Colorado has also developed a 747 for that purpose.

I am an independent but I am in favor of Hillary winning. I do enjoy politics. As much as I don't want the election season to end, I am dying to see who wins. Plus, I love the pomp and circumstance.

I'll get an avatar soon.

ETA NOTE FOR ADMIN: It has just been alluded to me that I may already be in breach of the rules here. A while back, AF.org had some sort of massive technical failure, and many of us migrated to another atheist site. It apparently was this site. If so, I may be registered as c172 on here as well. If so, I lost my info to that one. I'll go look now.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Skyhawk's post
30-10-2016, 02:53 PM
RE: Oi!
Welcome Smile

I know nothing about AF com, but AF org seems like a pretty cool place full of cool people, based on my limited perusings Thumbsup

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
30-10-2016, 02:57 PM
Welcome Smile
30-10-2016, 03:17 PM
Welcome!

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
30-10-2016, 03:18 PM
Hello!
30-10-2016, 03:54 PM
Hey c172, it's Bella.

Nice to see you over here! Thumbsup
30-10-2016, 05:23 PM
Did you mean..... "oi" or "oy vey? Lol. Welcome! Big Grin

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
30-10-2016, 05:40 PM
(30-10-2016 02:02 PM)Skyhawk Wrote:  ETA: Oops. I was kind of using hers as a format. Just read on...
---

I think I've browsed here before, but over the years I've been very comfortable at AF (org). And I had come there from AF (com), which seemed a bit cliquish.

The org is still a very good place. A lot of solid people there. Maybe a little bit of drama lately, but not enough to make me leave (I'm c172 out yonder, btw). I just got curious about TTA, because it has gotten mentioned a lot over the years, and I know at least one person did defect over here from the org. Maybe more. It does seem some people are a bit upset with the other site. To each their own.

So, I'm 40 (b. 1975). American on the west coast. I grew up mostly in the Unitarian Universalist church, but eventually had some political disagreements with them. Plus, I'm an atheist. I don't need church. Simple as that.

I am retired (disability. Spina bifida. Please ask. Don't assume.). But I have gainfully been a library assistant and telephone salesman, amongst other things.

I follow soccer and fleetingly some other olympic sports (including my local college tennis team). Seattle Sounders, Manchester City, Bayer Leverkusen, USA, and more. Men and women.

"Skyhawk" refers to the Cessna 172, an airplane. I am an aviation and fire/rescue buff, sort of. I find it fascinating. Here out west, we live at the intersection of those two things, with Tankers 910, 911 and 912 (DC-10's!!) doing drops on brush fires rather regularly. A company in Colorado has also developed a 747 for that purpose.

I am an independent but I am in favor of Hillary winning. I do enjoy politics. As much as I don't want the election season to end, I am dying to see who wins. Plus, I love the pomp and circumstance.

I'll get an avatar soon.

ETA NOTE FOR ADMIN: It has just been alluded to me that I may already be in breach of the rules here. A while back, AF.org had some sort of massive technical failure, and many of us migrated to another atheist site. It apparently was this site. If so, I may be registered as c172 on here as well. If so, I lost my info to that one. I'll go look now.

Yes, that name is registered here. No posts, 4 minutes of presence.
I think you can probably throw yourself on the mercy of the management and at least avoid the rack or worse. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-10-2016, 07:00 PM
Welcome. Come on in and sit a spell. Smile

Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.
Robert himself
30-10-2016, 07:19 PM
Welcome!