Oi! Aussies! Spread The Word...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2014, 03:54 AM
RE: Oi! Aussies! Spread The Word...
JESUS SAYS, THE BIRD IS THE WORD !!

[Image: Jesus%2Bflipping%2Bthe%2Bbird.jpg]

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like sporehux's post
04-05-2014, 04:27 AM
(04-05-2014 03:38 AM)sporehux Wrote:  Fuck I'm speechless, not typeless but spechless none the less.

outrageous!!!, prefect example as to why Atheists should not shut up and put up,but rather, act up.

So what are you gonna do about it?

Round up Rora, Deep, Hafnof, Free Thought, Chippy, Mr Woof et al and form a posse?

Let us know the plan.

Thumbsup

04-05-2014, 04:29 AM
(04-05-2014 03:18 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(03-05-2014 11:19 PM)Sam Wrote:  Yeah... What have the Greeks ever done for us?

Me Sleepy

Huh

The Greeks have done you for us?

Did anyone video that?

Drooling

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
04-05-2014, 04:41 AM
(04-05-2014 04:29 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(04-05-2014 03:18 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  Me Sleepy

Huh

The Greeks have done you for us?

Did anyone video that?

Drooling

Yes, but it's private Sleepy

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 3 users Like undergroundp's post
04-05-2014, 04:46 AM
(04-05-2014 04:27 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(04-05-2014 03:38 AM)sporehux Wrote:  Fuck I'm speechless, not typeless but spechless none the less.

outrageous!!!, prefect example as to why Atheists should not shut up and put up,but rather, act up.

So what are you gonna do about it?

Round up Rora, Deep, Hafnof, Free Thought, Chippy, Mr Woof et al and form a posse?

Let us know the plan.

Thumbsup

I have donated a small amount, but I think the best way to invoke public outrage would be to imply Imam's will have to be added as well to provide a balance.
Most of my immediate family friends are pastel Christians and would not see the harm in their "idea" of flowery feel good Jesus in school.
But the idea of the perceived suicide bombing Islamic fundamentalist in their kids school would make them shit bricks.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
04-05-2014, 05:11 AM
(04-05-2014 04:46 AM)sporehux Wrote:  
(04-05-2014 04:27 AM)DLJ Wrote:  So what are you gonna do about it?

Let us know the plan.

Thumbsup

I have donated a small amount, but I think the best way to invoke public outrage would be to imply Imam's will have to be added as well to provide a balance.
Most of my immediate family friends are pastel Christians and would not see the harm in their "idea" of flowery feel good Jesus in school.
But the idea of the perceived suicide bombing Islamic fundamentalist in their kids school would make them shit bricks.

It looks like Sam might be able to point you in the direction of material that might help draw that comparison.

Sam,
What have you got?

04-05-2014, 05:46 AM
(03-05-2014 11:19 PM)Sam Wrote:  Yeah... What have the Greeks ever done for us?

Repent!

[Image: l.jpg]

They gave us Gyro's, and they are amazing!

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
04-05-2014, 07:14 AM
(03-05-2014 02:41 PM)DLJ Wrote:  ... or you'll end up with the same god-problem as those poor ol' Murikans.

The Law vs. The Politicos and one man's battle...

They'll make a movie of this one day:

The SPA (Secular Party of Australia) has been going on about this for a while now and has frequently given updates on the Supreme Court battles going on throughout.

Personally, I don't understand why the chaplaincy program was even allowed to begin with: it exists with the plainly stated mission of indoctrination, not for legitimate counselling which is supposed to be given, hell real councillors are apparently hard-pressed to get into schools because of it.
Shit needs to change.

My school actually has a couple of "Christian Pastoral Workers" in its employ; I feel a little sorry for the students who need real councillors. Fortunately I have never been placed under their 'care', probably thanks to my remarkable restraint.

Unfortunately, there really isn't anything which can be done, and I can see the current government doing all in its power to keep the program operating since they benefit significantly.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
04-05-2014, 07:24 AM
(04-05-2014 07:14 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  ...
Unfortunately, there really isn't anything which can be done, and I can see the current government doing all in its power to keep the program operating since they benefit significantly.

Why the defeatist attitude?

It's obvious from the vid that someone is doing something and the courts are supporting this.

If you can't contribute financially, why not some activism in the school? A poster? You and your friends tweeting/email your elected representatives?

How about a spoof campaign to ask for an Islamic or Jewish or Buddhist or FSM 'Chaplain'?

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
04-05-2014, 08:22 AM
(04-05-2014 07:24 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(04-05-2014 07:14 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  ...

Why the defeatist attitude?

I wouldn't call it defeatist, I say it's realistic; there is nothing I (or most people, I'd wager) can do which would accomplish anything.

(04-05-2014 07:24 AM)DLJ Wrote:  It's obvious from the vid that someone is doing something and the courts are supporting this.

And good on 'em for it. It is something that I think needs to be fought and the courts know it's bullshit. It only got in because it got Howard more power though deals with groups like Scripture Union Queensland.

Unfortunately, they are still going to have to get past Abbott and his merry band of Fundie fuckwits.

I'd like to think that I've spent enough time watching people to have very well founded cynicism.

(04-05-2014 07:24 AM)DLJ Wrote:  If you can't contribute financially, why not some activism in the school? A poster? You and your friends tweeting/email your elected representatives?

Well naturally I can't contribute financially, as much as I'd like to as I'm about as dirt poor as dirt, financially.

The big problem with in-school activism is... Well I find it hard to shoot holes in this one to be honest... I just feel incredibly uncomfortable with 'starting' that sort of stuff; as snarky, cynical and jerkish as I am, I'm damn-near petrified of in-person conflict or even most interaction outside of with people I know well and even then it's a stretch.

Plus I am the only student in the school I know who actually can vote and/or who has even a passing interest in politics or religion. Getting an Australian (especially a youth) interested in politics or religion is like trying to leading a horse to water and forcing it to drink; you can try, but odds are it's not going to do you any good.

Also there's the 'you and your friends' thing... I can't convince people who don't exist...

(04-05-2014 07:24 AM)DLJ Wrote:  How about a spoof campaign to ask for an Islamic or Jewish or Buddhist or FSM 'Chaplain'?

I have done this before though in History; "If we have a Christian Priest here, why don't we have a Rabbi, Imam and Brahmin here to even it out?"... My teacher chuckled at the thought.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.