Oi! Aussies! Spread The Word...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2014, 08:42 AM
RE: Oi! Aussies! Spread The Word...
(04-05-2014 08:22 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  ...
(04-05-2014 07:24 AM)DLJ Wrote:  How about a spoof campaign to ask for an Islamic or Jewish or Buddhist or FSM 'Chaplain'?

I have done this before though in History; "If we have a Christian Priest here, why don't we have a Rabbi, Imam and Brahmin here to even it out?"... My teacher chuckled at the thought.

That sounds like you have a potential alliance.

Start a poster campaign.

The other pupils may not be politicised but they might be led but scandal and humour.

When you put up the posters, wear this:
[Image: 878.jpg]

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
04-05-2014, 01:21 PM
Need to seed the idea that this is a plot to convert Muslims to Christianity, get some PC group to file a religious/cultural discrimination suit against the government.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
04-05-2014, 07:06 PM
(04-05-2014 08:42 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(04-05-2014 08:22 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  ...

I have done this before though in History; "If we have a Christian Priest here, why don't we have a Rabbi, Imam and Brahmin here to even it out?"... My teacher chuckled at the thought.

That sounds like you have a potential alliance.

Start a poster campaign.

The other pupils may not be politicised but they might be led but scandal and humour.

When you put up the posters, wear this:
[Image: 878.jpg]

That'd never work.
This is practically a Federal policy; even if somebody managed to create significant unrest in one school over the issue it's not going to change anything, hell it might make things worse as those who initiated the trouble would be punished.

Besides, we're just kids, so what do we know about our mental health requirements?

(04-05-2014 01:21 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Need to seed the idea that this is a plot to convert Muslims to Christianity, get some PC group to file a religious/cultural discrimination suit against the government.

C'mon man, we already have the Sharia pushing fanatics breathing down our necks; do we really need to add fuel to that fire?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
05-05-2014, 09:38 AM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2014 09:47 AM by Hafnof.)
I have implanted a secret agent into the course.

In theory the RE teacher isn't supposed to push a particular religion, but of course they do. Some principals are happy to keep the Chaplains as they are funded federally and are cheaper than actual counselling services etc.

Another interesting aspect of this according to the secular party is that children who do not have a particular religion registered against their name in the school records should not be placed into RE programs according to government rules without explicit request from parents. However, these guidelines do not appear to be being followed - possibly again for cost cutting reasons.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
05-05-2014, 10:04 AM
(05-05-2014 09:38 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  I have implanted a secret agent into the course.

In theory the RE teacher isn't supposed to push a particular religion, but of course they do. Some principals are happy to keep the Chaplains as they are funded federally and are cheaper than actual counselling services etc.

Another interesting aspect of this according to the secular party is that children who do not have a particular religion registered against their name in the school records should not be placed into RE programs according to government rules without explicit request from parents. However, these guidelines do not appear to be being followed - possibly again for cost cutting reasons.

Out of curiosity, what is being done to counter this?

I'm hoping that the rest of the population is not so relaxed about it FT seems to be.

[Image: Edmund-Burke-Quote.png]
[Image: good%20evil%20should%20fight%20evil--einstein.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
05-05-2014, 01:06 PM
(04-05-2014 05:11 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(04-05-2014 04:46 AM)sporehux Wrote:  I have donated a small amount, but I think the best way to invoke public outrage would be to imply Imam's will have to be added as well to provide a balance.
Most of my immediate family friends are pastel Christians and would not see the harm in their "idea" of flowery feel good Jesus in school.
But the idea of the perceived suicide bombing Islamic fundamentalist in their kids school would make them shit bricks.

It looks like Sam might be able to point you in the direction of material that might help draw that comparison.

Sam,
What have you got?

Sort, I wasn't paying attention...

Can you repeat the bit about the thing, where you said everything?

That Trojan Horse thing is something that's been in the news for a few weeks now. Last I heard, a counter terrorist bloke has been put on the case.

These are some of the reports from BBC Midlands news.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
05-05-2014, 01:23 PM
(05-05-2014 10:04 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(05-05-2014 09:38 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  I have implanted a secret agent into the course.

Out of curiosity, what is being done to counter this?

I'm hoping that the rest of the population is not so relaxed about it FT seems to be.

[Image: Edmund-Burke-Quote.png]
[Image: good%20evil%20should%20fight%20evil--einstein.jpg]

I'll watch 'em 'til it's clear that it's butt-kickin' time Cool

Then I'll run away

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
05-05-2014, 06:16 PM

Yep. Cost cutting is pretty much why the chaplaincy propaganda program is used; totally untrained priests are far cheaper than people who are actually trained in child psychology and counselling.

(05-05-2014 10:04 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Out of curiosity, what is being done to counter this?

As far as I am aware, there is not much which is being done outside of the supreme court cases displayed in this thread, however it seems that there have been a number of individual cases of parents going up against it due to their kids being exposed and not actually counselled.
Though organisations like the Atheist Foundation of Australia and the Secular Party of Australia do all they can to raise awareness of the program, it's exorbitant costs and unconstitutionality.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not relaxed about the issue; I'm just realistic enough to know that there is nothing I can do which would change anything.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
05-05-2014, 07:22 PM
God help the people responsible for this if any sexual abuse allegations surface, the general public will turn lynch mob.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
06-05-2014, 04:21 AM
Just if anybody want's an update:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-05-06/hi...am/5432926

Tomorrow the Feds, along with the Scripture Union are going to be arguing for the validity of the new laws defending the Chap Program.

Naturally, the SU doesn't understand the case, not one iota of understanding saying "The real issue here is whether the Federal Government should fund a program in schools that is for the support and benefit of students..." whereas the real issue is the constitutionality of the Chaplaincy (and many other such programs), which according to the High Court is not there.
In reality the High Court gives not a single fuck whether the CP is good for students or not (not that you'd have an easy time proving such a claim), it rules only on the constitution.

[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post