Oi! Aussies! Spread The Word...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2014, 07:24 AM
RE: Oi! Aussies! Spread The Word...
(15-05-2014 07:05 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  They are de-funding chaplaincy positions that do not have a "direct link to organised religion"[1].

So now when a kid has a problem the *only* solution offered will be in a religious context? That's disgusting.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
15-05-2014, 07:43 AM
(15-05-2014 07:24 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 07:05 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  They are de-funding chaplaincy positions that do not have a "direct link to organised religion"[1].

So now when a kid has a problem the *only* solution offered will be in a religious context? That's disgusting.

Meanwhile, the rest of the NCP 'earns' a 245 million dollar wad of cash from the budget, while the beleaguered health system and the education system and industry and pensioner holders are told to 'tighten their belts' and are forced to pay more, get less funding and wait longer for the needed money.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
15-05-2014, 10:39 AM
Repeat after me aussie friends

"Not like America, Not like America"

Please don't screw it up, or my family will have no where to run to when the shit finishes hitting the fan here.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
15-05-2014, 12:00 PM
(15-05-2014 07:05 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  ...
They are de-funding chaplaincy positions that do not have a "direct link to organised religion"[1].

That news turned my stomach!

I gave you a 'like' in recognition of you giving us an update... not because I liked the news Sad

If the Williams campaign fails, would a new line of attack be to create a qualification / certification / accreditation structure that these chaplains have to go through... with proper science training and everything ... a really difficult and expensive program that has to be funded by the church?

19-06-2014, 01:23 AM
Okay, update time, ladies and gents!

I am very happy to announce that the High Court handed down it's unanimous ruling today and found that the funding of the Chaplaincy Program was illegal, and that the legislation pushed through to counteract their ruling from 2012 on the same issue is invalid as law.

Let's hear it for Mr Ron Williams, the man who spear-headed the challenge to the High Court twice over, and to the High Court and the Justices who preside within!
Clap

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
[+] 8 users Like Free Thought's post
19-06-2014, 07:25 AM
(19-06-2014 01:23 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Okay, update time, ladies and gents!

I am very happy to announce that the High Court handed down it's unanimous ruling today and found that the funding of the Chaplaincy Program was illegal, and that the legislation pushed through to counteract their ruling from 2012 on the same issue is invalid as law.

Let's hear it for Mr Ron Williams, the man who spear-headed the challenge to the High Court twice over, and to the High Court and the Justices who preside within!
Clap

I like how the governments first response is "Well fuck the court we'll figure a way to keep doing this."

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
19-06-2014, 08:03 AM
(19-06-2014 07:25 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

Clap

I like how the governments first response is "Well fuck the court we'll figure a way to keep doing this."

Abbott can try, but odds are whatever he tries, it ain't going to stick.

19-06-2014, 08:17 AM
[Image: fuck-yeah.jpg]

Best Fucking $20 investment i ever made (i take all the credit Big Grin)

"The $245.3 million funding package to maintain the program for another five years will be pulled."

Can't put a value on prayer failure, Oh wait, yes you can ,its = $245.3 million.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 4 users Like sporehux's post
19-06-2014, 10:40 AM (This post was last modified: 19-06-2014 10:57 AM by DLJ.)

Well done, Stralia... opting for a fact-based rather than myth-based education system.

It was interesting to read the comments' section.

There were claims that the ruling was short-sighted in that "Now where will the funding for supporting children come from?".

I can't help thinking that that view is the short-term view... fact-based societies have fewer social issues (compare welfare factors of southern US states vs. Scandinavia) and therefore lower costs.

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
19-06-2014, 05:09 PM

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 2 users Like aurora's post