Ok, now this bothers me.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2017, 07:10 PM
Ok, now this bothers me.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/24/us/po...p=cur&_r=0

This seriously bothers the shit out of me. (and it's not even my stupid fucking country). Not only is he blatantly attacking the media, calling them fake news and enemy of the American people, but now he's actually taken it that step further and handpicking which news outlets can and cannot attend press things at the white house. And why? Because those news agencies, CNN especially I believe, have been reporting bullshit Spencer (who's my third least favourite person the world right now) and Trump say and do and calling them out on their blatant bullshit.

I don't wanna say that this is how Dictators start because Trump will never be a Dictator because even he cannot 'cancel elections' or extend the term limits or other absolute fundamental 'democratic' things like that. People would revolt. BUT! this is how Dictators start.

He's purposely alienating the media and aligning himself with friendly media. It's toxic and it's incredibly dangerous because it's a form of brainwashing.

I think I'll end this thread with a video of Shepard Smith from FOX NEWS on this topic.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like earmuffs's post
24-02-2017, 07:27 PM
RE: Ok, now this bothers me.
What this administration is doing is testing different areas of the Constitution to see what they can get away with.

Right now it seems like they're focusing on shutting up the media in order to keep us in the dark about whatever their next illegal move will be.

They think they can do what they want regardless of the rules, and to some extent, they're getting away with it.
[+] 4 users Like pablo's post
24-02-2017, 07:27 PM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2017 07:34 PM by abaris.)
Remember Saddam's comical Ali? That's who Spencer reminds me of.
[+] 2 users Like abaris's post
24-02-2017, 07:36 PM
I successfully survived being alone with my anxiety for half a week.

One step closer to Canada.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
24-02-2017, 08:00 PM
(24-02-2017 07:27 PM)pablo Wrote:  What this administration is doing is testing different areas of the Constitution to see what they can get away with.

Right now it seems like they're focusing on shutting up the media in order to keep us in the dark about whatever their next illegal move will be.

They think they can do what they want regardless of the rules, and to some extent, they're getting away with it.

I think their concern are the pre-election activities with the Russians. They fear perhaps with justification that it could lead to Trump's downfall. If they paint the media as hopelessly biased, there is a reliable 30 something percent that will run with it, no matter what new evidence emerges.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 4 users Like tomilay's post
24-02-2017, 08:34 PM
"Let there be no more sources."

-Donald Trump

Direct quote.

Wow.
24-02-2017, 08:52 PM
I feel like I'm living in a nightmare and I can't wake up.

There needs to be a march on Washington that makes every other march look like a little childs party. Millions and millions need to go there and revolt against trump. Call it The March for Freedom of the Press! These idiots need to visually see the people rebelling against this tyranny.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
24-02-2017, 09:11 PM
I'm just wondering how long he will last. Blink
24-02-2017, 09:18 PM
(24-02-2017 08:52 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I feel like I'm living in a nightmare and I can't wake up.

There needs to be a march on Washington that makes every other march look like a little childs party. Millions and millions need to go there and revolt against trump. Call it The March for Freedom of the Press! These idiots need to visually see the people rebelling against this tyranny.

I am at the point as well. Because this really cannot be actually happening.
And people STILL ADAMANTLY SUPPORT HIM.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
24-02-2017, 09:20 PM
More bothersome than these chicaneries is that no one, on the right or left, should be surprised by them - none of them surprise me. It's the phalanx of trump supporters who are not just unsurprised but fully in favor of it all that is most troublesome. I do not share Muff's sanguine "dictatorship can't happen". If you'd told a Berliner in 1920 that within 20 years the German government would be exterminating a portion of its population - by the millions - you'd've been properly ridiculed for indulging an impossible fantasy. That the orange clown has supporters out to 8 significant digits - multiple tenths of a human population - is clear proof that mankind still hasn't learned a goddamned thing - we remember everything and learn nothing.
[+] 5 users Like Airportkid's post