Ok, now this bothers me.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2017, 09:21 PM
RE: Ok, now this bothers me.
I'm worried that if we do manage to get him out that we'll be sorry...cuz Pence.
Also, we could still have the likes of Bannon & Co. if he chooses to keep them on.
Frusty
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
24-02-2017, 09:31 PM
What's the difference between "untrue things" and lies?

Consider

"There are three kinds of lies: untrue things, alternative facts, and censorship of the truth."

(24-02-2017 08:52 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  ...
Millions and millions need to go there and revolt against trump. Call it The March for Freedom of the Press!

What better justification for the 2nd Amendment than in support of the 1st Amendment

Yes

Angel

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
24-02-2017, 11:15 PM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2017 11:37 PM by dancefortwo.)
(24-02-2017 09:18 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  
(24-02-2017 08:52 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I feel like I'm living in a nightmare and I can't wake up.

There needs to be a march on Washington that makes every other march look like a little childs party. Millions and millions need to go there and revolt against trump. Call it The March for Freedom of the Press! These idiots need to visually see the people rebelling against this tyranny.

I am at the point as well. Because this really cannot be actually happening.
And people STILL ADAMANTLY SUPPORT HIM.

I don't care who supports him, I just don't give a flying fuck. This is one scary man. Shutting out the press makes him a dictator. Let me say that again. He IS a dictator. This goes against the First Amendment.

[Image: 1-first-amendment.jpg]

We need to fight this. I'm going to a town hall meeting tomorrow. We have a Democratic senator who's been great fighting Trump but I've got to do something more!

The man standing second from the left is my 6th great uncle, Roger Sherman.

[Image: 7efd69b603a1b0a72ea0f58182cd8d6b0e4dceda.jpg]

He was the only man to have signed all four great state papers of the United States: the Continental Association, the Declaration of Independence, the Articles of Confederation and the Constitution so this means something personal to me.

Trump has been in office a month and look where we are right now. Can you imagine where we'll be in a year? We need to fight this tyranny now.

I apologize if I've gotten so emotional. I just can't accept what's going on here.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 10 users Like dancefortwo's post
25-02-2017, 01:51 AM
What disturbs me most about this situation is that I find myself in the politics section more and more. I fucking hate this shit. Angry

Dance - I love that painting! Bowing

Your great Uncle has a great profile - what a fantastic nose! Thumbsup

The ginger has to be Jefferson. I have an issue with the painter here - that left arm is waaaaay too long. And uh ... dick fingers. Wasn't sure how to say it but, there it is. Dodgy

But the guy beside TJ must be Ben Franklin! Very cool!!
He has that look, "Can we just do this thing? I got shit to do." Laugh out load

They are finishing off the dismantling of my beloved constitution.
Absent words. Undecided

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
25-02-2017, 02:48 AM
Do what the east germans did in 1989. Tell your *regime* that you are "the people"!

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
25-02-2017, 03:07 AM (This post was last modified: 25-02-2017 03:10 AM by Stevil.)
Now I though Fox was all chummy with Trump. Great to see Fox with their eyes open.

Anyone see that article about a British teacher getting stopped at the border, coming in with his students. The teacher's "crime" was that his name was Mohammad. http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/21/world/...d-us-trnd/

You kinda think, in a free world country like UK, Canada, Australia, NZ, USA etc that even if you somehow get some crazy nut into parliament that they wouldn't be able to get the people "Border control" etc to follow along with their crazy arse demands, but here you go, peeps just cite that they are doing their job.

Then when you get peeps standing up for your Constitution, they end up losing their jobs http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/88...eral-yates even though she gets vindicated with the courts ruling against the travel ban.

Trump's been lining up the media for a while now, this incident today is just the start. Will be interesting how this goes through the court system. Trump has egg on his face for initial unconstitutional travel ban attempt, he will get slammed with unconstitutional vetting of the press, how many attempts at unconstitutional things does he get until he gets thrown out of government? Do you not have a three strikes and your out policy?
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
25-02-2017, 04:10 AM
Well, hopefully this wakes up the Fourth Estate. Those fuckers had better learn quick that the objectivity they compromised in the name of access has turned them into dependents, who have now been unceremoniously banished from the table. Was it worth it? Was selling out your integrity worth it, now that the hand that fed you turns you away?

A democracy is only as good as it's electorate, and they can only be as informed as the media allows. A healthy democracy requires an adversarial media, one that challenges those in power, rather than jumping at the government's beck and call.

Ever wonder why so many get their news from fuckin' comedians? Because they gave zero fucks about access, and are some of the few who actually challenge.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
25-02-2017, 02:44 PM
(24-02-2017 09:21 PM)pablo Wrote:  I'm worried that if we do manage to get him out that we'll be sorry...cuz Pence.
Also, we could still have the likes of Bannon & Co. if he chooses to keep them on.
Frusty

True. Trump is just a gobshite... seems to me that Bannon calls the shots and is the real danger. He's the one that needs to be removed.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 2 users Like Marozz's post
25-02-2017, 03:16 PM
(25-02-2017 01:51 AM)kim Wrote:  What disturbs me most about this situation is that I find myself in the politics section more and more. I fucking hate this shit. Angry

For me it's the other way round. I joined atheist forums not because I wanted to talk about religion or the absence thereoff but to find more open minded persons to have a healthy discussion on matters of life. Politics being an important part of that.
25-02-2017, 05:45 PM
(25-02-2017 01:51 AM)kim Wrote:  What disturbs me most about this situation is that I find myself in the politics section more and more. I fucking hate this shit. Angry

Dance - I love that painting! Bowing

Your great Uncle has a great profile - what a fantastic nose! Thumbsup

The ginger has to be Jefferson. I have an issue with the painter here - that left arm is waaaaay too long. And uh ... dick fingers. Wasn't sure how to say it but, there it is. Dodgy

But the guy beside TJ must be Ben Franklin! Very cool!!
He has that look, "Can we just do this thing? I got shit to do." Laugh out load

They are finishing off the dismantling of my beloved constitution.
Absent words. Undecided

Yes, I believe that's Jefferson. I think I read somewhere that he was quite tall.

Anyway, when a leader controls the press, all information is controlled then the population can be controlled too. So far as I can tell Trump has never read the Constitution (can the man even read? Dodgy ) even though he swore to uphold its principles in front of the country. He might as well be lighting a match to the Constitution.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post