Ok, now this is fucking weird

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2017, 09:06 AM
Ok, now this is fucking weird
Sigh. There's a lot of strange stuff in the world but this has got to be one of the oddest things going. There are women who buy completely realistic looking silicone baby dolls and take care of them as though their real. They buy all kinds of baby clothes, baby food, pacifiers, diapers, strollers, etc.

Apparently, it's called the "Reborn Community". And WTF? Here's a "live birth" of a silicon baby. Huh? What kind of fantasy is this, anyway?

Now maybe I'm being a little too harsh, but if someone is putting a lot of time, energy and money taking care of a piece of silicon why can't they feel the same thing about needy REAL children around the world or in their local community and spend some time and money on living, breathing children? What am I missing here? Do you guys think this is a psychological problem?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2017, 09:19 AM
RE: Ok, now this is fucking weird
Blink

I have no words.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
07-09-2017, 09:23 AM
(07-09-2017 09:06 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Sigh. There's a lot of strange stuff in the world but this has got to be one of the oddest things going. There are women who buy completely realistic looking silicone baby dolls and take care of them as though their real. They buy all kinds of baby clothes, baby food, pacifiers, diapers, strollers, etc.

Apparently, it's called the "Reborn Community". And WTF? Here's a "live birth" of a silicon baby. Huh? What kind of fantasy is this, anyway?

Now maybe I'm being a little too harsh, but if someone is putting a lot of time, energy and money taking care of a piece of silicon why can't they feel the same thing about needy REAL children around the world or in their local community and spend some time and money on living, breathing children? What am I missing here? Do you guys think this is a psychological problem?

Escapism.

I kinda pity people like that. Don't get me wrong, I have my own "bubbles" but I cannot exist in them all the time.

For example this forum used to be a kind of mental escape for me.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
07-09-2017, 09:25 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2017 09:31 AM by Vera.)
I think it's because you get all the "cool" things about being a parent (or something) with none of the real responsibility, the lifelong dedication and everything that could possibly go wrong. Make-believe is easier than the real thing and you can quit anytime (and don't I know it Undecided)

The very great Greg Egan actually has a story called Cutie about "a man longing to be a father uses recent advances in biotechnology to impregnate himself with a "Cutie", a child with sub-human mental capacities, sub-human legal status, and a lifespan of four years." It's truly fascinating stuff...

ETA: Aw, moms... *used* to? What did we do again? Sadcryface

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-09-2017, 09:29 AM
(07-09-2017 09:23 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  For example this forum used to be a kind of mental escape for me.

Hug I hope it remains somewhat of a sanctuary. If you get tired of admining, let us know. Don't wear yourself out.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
07-09-2017, 09:34 AM
(07-09-2017 09:23 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  For example this forum used to be a kind of mental escape for me.

Huh Heart

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
07-09-2017, 09:45 AM
I was watching a bunch of videos and one thing I can say...

All the clothes, toys and everything look sooooo new...

With my boys everything began looking like crap after a day. It's really strange to me...there's a video of someone with a fake toddler, talking about going to day care and she's talking for the fake toddler and having conversations with herself. That shit is kinda creepy.

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
07-09-2017, 09:50 AM
(07-09-2017 09:45 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I was watching a bunch of videos and one thing I can say...

All the clothes, toys and everything look sooooo new...

With my boys everything began looking like crap after a day. It's really strange to me...there's a video of someone with a fake toddler, talking about going to day care and she's talking for the fake toddler and having conversations with herself. That shit is kinda creepy.

Just another kind of imaginary friend....

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
07-09-2017, 09:51 AM
(07-09-2017 09:29 AM)morondog Wrote:  

Hug I hope it remains somewhat of a sanctuary. If you get tired of admining, let us know. Don't wear yourself out.

Oh no, nothing like that. I was speaking more about when I first joined. It was my atheist bubble. But now, my atheist bubble has become more comfortable. Instead of being just here, it's with me almost all the time.

There are times I still need this bubble tho.

If that makes sense.

[+] 6 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
07-09-2017, 09:58 AM
I guess to each their own. I never was into baby dolls as a kid, so this is also completely lost on me with the fake baby adult thing. I did like Barbies as a kid but that was more for the outfits and hairstyles. That said, I have no interest in playing with Barbies as an adult. While the video is kinda creepy, I think if it's not hurting anybody, and someone enjoys it, then so be it I guess. But, yeah, definitely weird.