Ok, now this is fucking weird

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2017, 12:45 PM
RE: Ok, now this is fucking weird
(07-09-2017 12:38 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(07-09-2017 12:32 PM)adey67 Wrote:  The difference is entertainment, none of the role playing games deliberately pander to and target the mentally ill visa vi compensating for what they don't have. Elves and dwarves fucking each other and going on quests is a world away from a lifelike baby that wakes you at 3am for an imaginary feed, such people desperately need help and assistance Imo.

So, pretending you're a "mommie" makes you mentally ill. Pretneding you're an elf makes you... what exactly?

I guess little girls with dolls are also mentally ill?
I'm out. This can only end badly. Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2017, 12:47 PM
(07-09-2017 12:45 PM)adey67 Wrote:  I'm out. This can only end badly. Drinking Beverage

Only for those you can't handle any difference of opinion Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
07-09-2017, 12:57 PM
(07-09-2017 12:17 PM)adey67 Wrote:  What a pile of dogshit, I'm now officially sad to be a member of the human race

Strange reason for being sad. I am sad cause of events like Rape of Nanking, Holodomor, nearly billion underfed people... Women pretending to be mothers may be strange but that's all.

Quote: these women have a serious problem. Lets hope they hget help soon. I feel really sorry for them. Sad

Maybe they do have a problem but as far as I can tell they hurt no one. So in the end there is no problem just behaviour that seems weird.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
07-09-2017, 12:59 PM
(07-09-2017 12:21 PM)Vera Wrote:  In all fairness, how is this much/any sillier than cosplay and RPG? After all, they *are* role-playing. Or somehow waving swords around and dressing like some sort of fantasy creature is *less* idiotic?

...blow-up dolls....

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
07-09-2017, 01:10 PM
(07-09-2017 12:59 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  ...blow-up dolls....

Excuse me, but those have a very specific orifice, I mean, purpose. Well, both, really Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
07-09-2017, 01:13 PM
I read a few of the video's comments. One person suggested that this might keep some sad woman from stealing a baby from a hospital maternity ward. Mmmm, maybe. I donno, it's just weird to me. I adore babies and children . I just love them and get all ooy-gooy and smiley when I see them. But a silicon baby....I don't get that.

I would think that voluteering at a maturnity ward to hold preemies would have a greater impact and satisfy one's self esteem. But in order to do something like that, one would have to leave their fantasy bubble of silicon babies.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
07-09-2017, 02:38 PM
It feels weird to me but I'm having trouble explaining to myself why. It's different from role-playing and cosplay because you're still interacting with humans, the enjoyment is the interaction. But I'm thinking of video games...a lot are interactive with other people but probably many of us have spent hours on single player campaigns of this or that. Is it different from playing Solitaire?

Maybe this is too deep but the most (second most?) fundamental human interaction is intimate mother-child care and nourishment (that's a fact I just made up), and to see it in this artificial form is disturbing? I'll fall back on "It's just weird."

07-09-2017, 02:41 PM
It's not that bizarre actually, thinking about it. It's just grown ups playing dolls rather than kids playing dolls. I mean fuck knows, we all fuck around with guns and cars and what not, and no one screams "mentally ill". I think this is probably a far more harmless and productive past-time TBH.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
07-09-2017, 02:55 PM
I've seen a couple of women who are into this featured on reality TV, but always one at a time. (If I'm remembering correctly the biggest complaint by their families was that the silicon members got more attention and affection than the organic ones.)

Dolls have never appealed to me; this would never be a hobby of mine. I would love to be a fly on the wall for the silicon Mompetitions to learn what are the status markers in this group.
07-09-2017, 03:58 PM
Years ago there was a surge of teenage girls having babies so they would feel wanted and loved. But then reality hit and the girls realize that it didn't work this way. A psychologist's reply was that babies are different than dolls. Dolls are taken care of by children to make the child feel loved and wanted. But with a baby the role is reversed. It's the parent's responisbility to make the baby feel loved and wanted, not the other way around.

Maybe this is another avenue people go down so they don't have to grow up. (And I include video games in this.) It seems that people at the age of 28 today have the maturity level of what an 18 year olds had 25 years ago.

And that opinion comes from someone who took forever to grow up. It was my mothers massive aneurysm when I was 28 that finally matured me. Before that I was kind of a dip.

(Well, sometimes I'm still kinda dippy)

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.