Ok, so my friend came to me.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-07-2013, 10:29 PM
My friend came over and asked for some advice, and I was stumped so I asked him if I could pose his situation to you, and maybe some of you guys could tell him what he should do.

Alright, here goes:

My friend is friends with a girl he is very much "in love" (about as "in love" as teens could get) and he thinks he could someday confess his feelings, but he hasn't hit the time, and hates rejection. So he keeps on being friends with her, and eventually he thinks that he either needs to confess, or leave it alone. The problem is that when he invited her over to his house to confess, his brother ruined everything and now the girl wants to date his brother.

So he basically posed this situation to me: If you have a girl you love, you desire her maximum happiness, but what if her maximum happiness hurts you? And if you sabatoge it, it hurts you because she is not happy.

He feels that he has dug himself too far into the friendzone to confess and get a "yes." So he either involves himself in the relationship as her "friend" (something he says he wishes not to do because he can't promise he won't ruin the potential relationship between his brother and her.) or he becomes a dick by shying away from the girl and becoming distant, but not interfereing negatively in the relationship.

Drinking Beverage

Yeah, I know, it through me for a loop, which is why I came to you guys with this.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-07-2013, 10:33 PM
RE: Ok, so my friend came to me.
First, talk to the brother. He should get out of the way, if the brother is a scumbag, then omit this step.

Second, talk to the girl, if friendzoned then end friendship.

Third, repeat, if it doesn't work, suck it up and prepare for the next one.

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 2 users Like nach_in's post
17-07-2013, 10:34 PM
(17-07-2013 10:29 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  My friend came over and asked for some advice, and I was stumped so I asked him if I could pose his situation to you, and maybe some of you guys could tell him what he should do.

Alright, here goes:

My friend is friends with a girl he is very much "in love" (about as "in love" as teens could get) and he thinks he could someday confess his feelings, but he hasn't hit the time, and hates rejection. So he keeps on being friends with her, and eventually he thinks that he either needs to confess, or leave it alone. The problem is that when he invited her over to his house to confess, his brother ruined everything and now the girl wants to date his brother.

So he basically posed this situation to me: If you have a girl you love, you desire her maximum happiness, but what if her maximum happiness hurts you? And if you sabatoge it, it hurts you because she is not happy.

He feels that he has dug himself too far into the friendzone to confess and get a "yes." So he either involves himself in the relationship as her "friend" (something he says he wishes not to do because he can't promise he won't ruin the potential relationship between his brother and her.) or he becomes a dick by shying away from the girl and becoming distant, but not interfereing negatively in the relationship.

Drinking Beverage

Yeah, I know, it through me for a loop, which is why I came to you guys with this.

He should be a dick by shying away from her. If she was interested in him, she would show it somehow. The fact she confided in her crush on his brother shows she treats him as one of her girlfriends. Dude might as well be gay in her eyes.

Run. Do not pass go. Do not get destroyed by a young lady who loves the attention but can't reciprocate the way he fantasizes about in his head.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
17-07-2013, 10:42 PM
(17-07-2013 10:34 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(17-07-2013 10:29 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  My friend came over and asked for some advice, and I was stumped so I asked him if I could pose his situation to you, and maybe some of you guys could tell him what he should do.

Alright, here goes:

Drinking Beverage

He should be a dick by shying away from her. If she was interested in him, she would show it somehow. The fact she confided in her crush on his brother shows she treats him as one of her girlfriends. Dude might as well be gay in her eyes.

Run. Do not pass go. Do not get destroyed by a young lady who loves the attention but can't reciprocate the way he fantasizes about in his head.

I'll be sure to tell him that, thank you very much. I'll don't think he'll be happy with the fact, but it shouldn't matter.

[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
17-07-2013, 10:43 PM
I was in that exact situation many, many years ago. In fact I was *that* girl.

I went out with guy A, who was more or less a friend. Then I met his brother, who drove a better car. Rest was bad history.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
17-07-2013, 10:48 PM
(17-07-2013 10:43 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I was in that exact situation many, many years ago. In fact I was *that* girl.

I went out with guy A, who was more or less a friend. Then I met his brother, who drove a better car. Rest was bad history.

That sucks.

17-07-2013, 10:50 PM
The Cow King said exactly what I would have. Needless to say, I second the motion?

All oppose?

None.

The motion carries.

17-07-2013, 10:52 PM
(17-07-2013 10:50 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  The Cow King said exactly what I would have. Needless to say, I second the motion?

All oppose?

None.

The motion carries.

I oppose.

Fuck talking to the brother. Lil bro needs to vacate the premises and go Mack on some other nubile broad and leave this one in the dust.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
17-07-2013, 10:54 PM
Bros before hoes Erzy, bros before hoes...

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
17-07-2013, 10:55 PM
(17-07-2013 10:52 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I oppose.

Fuck talking to the brother. Lil bro needs to vacate the premises and go Mack on some other nubile broad and leave this one in the dust.

First off, he said talk to the brother, pending he is not a douche. Secondly, you're too fucking old to remember what it is like to be a teen in love. Ya' old bastard. He ain't gonna just forget about it.