Ok, so there is a creator...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2014, 08:49 PM
Lets just assume it for the heck of it - there is a creator.

But why should it follow that s/he is a "god"?

Maybe there is some creature like the spaghetti monster out there, and it farted, and that was the big bang.

Would that make it a god?

Why do people keep assuming that, if there was a creator, that it was a god?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Dom's post
02-06-2014, 08:54 PM
RE: Ok, so there is a creator...
Because that is the accidental popular view. It. Could really be one thousand deities that created all.

Polytheism at least make more sense of the contradictions and senseless issues in the universe. Mono theists have to bend over backwards to explain the psychotic and bipolar deity that could've ended up making everything.

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
[+] 3 users Like djkamilo's post
02-06-2014, 09:05 PM
"Because [insert preferred holy book here]!!!!!! Hobo "

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
02-06-2014, 09:10 PM
First you have to define what you mean by "god." If you simply mean the one who created the universe and there is a creator of the universe then the word simply means that. But if you mean a supernatural superhuman entity then there is nothing to support that claim. It is an even further leap to assume that this being is still involved in the universe or is intimately involved in the daily lives of humans living on one imperceptible spec in said universe for only the briefest instant. To make the leap to a specific deity is ludicrous.
[+] 2 users Like natachan's post
02-06-2014, 09:11 PM
I seem to recall Dawkins getting stuck in pseudo gotcha moment by Ben Stein in that documentary about ID.

Stein got Dawkins to say the god or aliens could have "created" the universe or something like that.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

02-06-2014, 09:11 PM
(02-06-2014 08:49 PM)Dom Wrote:  Lets just assume it for the heck of it - there is a creator.

Maybe there is some creature like the spaghetti monster out there, and it farted, and that was the big bang.

Would that make it a god?

Why do people keep assuming that, if there was a creator, that it was a god?

Creator was a race of robots who were invented with the power to create universes, and the one that invents a fairly obtuse chaos system that is seen by the inhabitants of the universe as "designed" and gets the most people to believe in the most ridiculous notions, wins the robot-made-universe prize.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
02-06-2014, 09:14 PM
Mice. Supercomputer. 42.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 2 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post
02-06-2014, 11:31 PM
(02-06-2014 08:49 PM)Dom Wrote:  Lets just assume it for the heck of it - there is a creator.

So, we'd all be just poo particles? I like that Yes Things make more sense, now Tongue

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 2 users Like aurora's post
03-06-2014, 07:23 AM
Just getting really tired of discussions about whether the universe was created or just happened. It really has nothing to do with worshiping a god.

For all I know the universe we can explore is about as big as the universe an ant can explore in the scope of things. The big bang may indeed have been someone big farting. It just doesn't have anything to do with god or gods.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
03-06-2014, 07:30 AM
Did you know you is both singular and plural? Yep. That's the answer. Smartass

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user