Ok, so there is a creator...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2014, 07:39 AM
RE: Ok, so there is a creator...
(03-06-2014 07:23 AM)Dom Wrote:  Just getting really tired of discussions about whether the universe was created or just happened. It really has nothing to do with worshiping a god.

For all I know the universe we can explore is about as big as the universe an ant can explore in the scope of things. The big bang may indeed have been someone big farting. It just doesn't have anything to do with god or gods.

Quite right. And there's only one person on this forum who is obsessed about it. I remember reading a book by Cesar Millan about training dogs and he mentioned how dogs can become fixated on something very specific as a symptom of a deeper problem. That's Jeremy and the Kalam Cosmological Argument.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
03-06-2014, 07:53 AM
(02-06-2014 08:49 PM)Dom Wrote:  Lets just assume it for the heck of it - there is a creator.

But why should it follow that s/he is a "god"?

Maybe there is some creature like the spaghetti monster out there, and it farted, and that was the big bang.

Would that make it a god?

Why do people keep assuming that, if there was a creator, that it was a god?

I'd say if something per chance "populated" the universe with matter of some sort, I would think it's a fungus more than anything. Kind of lends an air of metaphor there ... Eat... this mushroom is my body... Wink

But yea, if some specific "force" caused everything to come into being, I don't think there's any reason to "worship" it. The most I think I could do would be to think it's interesting and try to figure out how that happens.

Well shit... let's all worship magnetism. Oh, excuse me... I mean Magnetism ... worship evidently mandates capitalization. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
03-06-2014, 08:10 PM
This has something to do with this thread.

Remember that creator, well ICR means more than institute for creation research

http://www.icrwhale.org/JARPA91paper.html

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
04-06-2014, 12:13 PM
(03-06-2014 07:39 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 07:23 AM)Dom Wrote:  Just getting really tired of discussions about whether the universe was created or just happened. It really has nothing to do with worshiping a god.

For all I know the universe we can explore is about as big as the universe an ant can explore in the scope of things. The big bang may indeed have been someone big farting. It just doesn't have anything to do with god or gods.

Quite right. And there's only one person on this forum who is obsessed about it. I remember reading a book by Cesar Millan about training dogs and he mentioned how dogs can become fixated on something very specific as a symptom of a deeper problem. That's Jeremy and the Kalam Cosmological Argument.

So, Jeremy is a dog?

Just because YOU believe in fairies doesn't mean anybody else should.
[+] 1 user Likes Bible Belt Brawler's post
04-06-2014, 12:17 PM
(02-06-2014 08:49 PM)Dom Wrote:  Lets just assume it for the heck of it - there is a creator.

But why should it follow that s/he is a "god"?

Maybe there is some creature like the spaghetti monster out there, and it farted, and that was the big bang.

Would that make it a god?

Why do people keep assuming that, if there was a creator, that it was a god?

Because mankind making God(s) keeps them from responsibility for their own choices, their own actions, etc. Common......... people are lazy. Period.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
04-06-2014, 06:36 PM
(03-06-2014 07:30 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Did you know you is both singular and plural? Yep. That's the answer. Smartass

That new sig. I likey. Thumbsup

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
06-06-2014, 05:33 AM
(02-06-2014 08:49 PM)Dom Wrote:  Why do people keep assuming that, if there was a creator, that it was a god?

You're working from this in the wrong direction. They assume there's a god. Therefore, everything that is correct points to a god. Everything that is wrong doesn't. Something is correct if it points to a god. The universe is more complex than a watch? Must have been created... by God!

This is also why they frequently jump from topic to topic when discussing the big bang, abiogenesis, or evolution (and why they talk about these as "atheist beliefs"). To them, they're all just "anti-God science" and they really don't see the difference.

Basically, all of this can be summed up in approaching literally everything from a very narrow, presupposed point of view.
[+] 4 users Like RobbyPants's post
08-06-2014, 09:14 PM
(06-06-2014 05:33 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(02-06-2014 08:49 PM)Dom Wrote:  Why do people keep assuming that, if there was a creator, that it was a god?

You're working from this in the wrong direction. They assume there's a god. Therefore, everything that is correct points to a god. Everything that is wrong doesn't. Something is correct if it points to a god. The universe is more complex than a watch? Must have been created... by God!

This is also why they frequently jump from topic to topic when discussing the big bang, abiogenesis, or evolution (and why they talk about these as "atheist beliefs"). To them, they're all just "anti-God science" and they really don't see the difference.

Basically, all of this can be summed up in approaching literally everything from a very narrow, presupposed point of view.

It's debates like that I feel like I'm beating myself with a smelly old ham.

Just because YOU believe in fairies doesn't mean anybody else should.
09-06-2014, 07:00 AM
(08-06-2014 09:14 PM)Bible Belt Brawler Wrote:  It's debates like that I feel like I'm beating myself with a smelly old ham.

One named Ken?

If you're going to beat yourself, I can assure there are much more satisfying ways of doing it (assuming a rather broad definition of "beat yourself"). Yes, I consider masturbating a far more productive use of time than debating YECs.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
09-06-2014, 07:12 AM
Nobody knows.
That is the answer. It is not for you to justify the universe. Humans may simply be the result of the universe becoming self aware.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post