Ok, time to have a REPUTATION discussion!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-12-2011, 11:54 PM
RE: Ok, time to have a REPUTATION discussion!
(31-12-2011 10:39 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(31-12-2011 10:35 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Goddamit, I'm only at 0. Don't make me hack into your system and execute
UPDATE users SET reputation = -666 WHERE userName = 'GirlyMan'.

My New Year's resolution is to become King of the disreputable UnderWorld.

Happy New Year.

Only 665 to go.

All this turmoil over virtual identity reputations is just silly, childish even. Only reputation I care about is that which affects the coin in Girly's purse. And the only reason Girly gives a shit about the coin in his purse is because of the other people depending on that coin. I don't need to earn this title, DeepThought could decree it with a single SQL statement.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2012, 01:58 AM
(31-12-2011 11:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(31-12-2011 10:35 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Goddamit, I'm only at 0. Don't make me hack into your system and execute

Happy New Year.

Only 665 to go.

All this turmoil over virtual identity reputations is just silly, childish even. Only reputation I care about is that which affects the coin in Girly's purse. And the only reason Girly gives a shit about the coin in his purse is because of the other people depending on that coin. I don't need to earn this title, DeepThought could decree it with a single SQL statement.

True but the next time someone alters the rep it will be ruined. If you find a vulnerability to exploit with a mysql injection attack you are welcome to set it yourself though that query wouldn't work. You'd need to use your user id not your username.

I doubt you will find such a vulnerability though! Big Grin

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post
01-01-2012, 05:34 AM
(29-12-2011 06:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Could one or more of you worthless shitheads please give GirlyMan a -1 with
"Motherfucker is always drunk and refuses to stop swearing like a goddam sailor."
Thanks,
Girly
*smiles friencly, gives a -1 rep, and a hug*
Happy new year

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-01-2012, 08:17 PM
(31-12-2011 11:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Happy New Year.

Only 665 to go.

Having turmoil over turmoil is kinda... turmoilious. Tongue

[Image: 10339580_583235681775606_5139032440228868471_n.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
27-06-2012, 10:43 AM
Hadda go do some necroposting rather then start a new rant...

Another thing I don't like about this rep shit is watching Egor's rep tank just 'cause peeps be disagreeing with him. Seems kinda childish to me. I mean, he's been around, it ain't like we don't know he's an asshole... and I don't like KC having a 57 rep just cause he begs and gives puppy dog eyes... and...

And I don't like not being able to give kim a new rep every time I see her.

So there! Big Grin

[Image: 10339580_583235681775606_5139032440228868471_n.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
27-06-2012, 10:46 AM
(27-06-2012 10:43 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Hadda go do some necroposting rather then start a new rant...

Another thing I don't like about this rep shit is watching Egor's rep tank just 'cause peeps be disagreeing with him. Seems kinda childish to me. I mean, he's been around, it ain't like we don't know he's an asshole... and I don't like KC having a 57 rep just cause he begs and gives puppy dog eyes... and...

So there! Big Grin

I do not beg!

<_<

Anyway, I think it's just because I engage with numerous people on the site.

As for Egor... I agree.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
27-06-2012, 11:06 AM
I try to give pos/neg rep based on behavior rather than whether I agree/disagree with a person. If someone has a shitty attitude they aren't likely to get a +1 from me or could lose what rep I give them. Unless it's particularly heinous or positive, a couple of posts aren't going to change the rep I give someone- even Egor. But he does have a reputation that has followed him for quite a while.

Assholery isn't really cause for neg rep imo, but douchebaggery is. Be ye warned, douchebags! Aaaahma comin' fer ya!

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like kineo's post
27-06-2012, 11:13 AM
That and flip-flopping constantly or just flat-out ignoring replies or dismissing arguments based on "I don't like it" or "it disagrees with my preconceived notions." I won't give a negative rep based on those, but disagreeing with an argument or dismissing for one of the above reasons but then trying to give some BS reason as the actual reason is absurd.

I am fine with "I don't like that movie because it doesn't mesh with my personal beliefs."
That is fine and I won't argue against it
but
"Design is evident in the universe and ignoring that fact is either stupid or insane" (paraphrase)
That pisses me off when I know the direct opposite of that has been argued against multiple times to that particular individual by multiple people on multiple threads on this forum alone.

Done ranting about rating.

Evolve
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
27-06-2012, 11:43 AM
(27-06-2012 10:46 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(27-06-2012 10:43 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Hadda go do some necroposting rather then start a new rant...

So there! Big Grin

I do not beg!

<_<

Anyway, I think it's just because I engage with numerous people on the site.

As for Egor... I agree.
No, Egor has been a dickhead.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
27-06-2012, 12:07 PM
I like the reputation system.
I am honestly smiling everytime I get one.
I am not giving reps easily or a lot, I do it rarely and I do it when I really think that the person deserves it. And I am sure that people do that with me in the same manner, the more I like when I get one, because I know that it is not because I wrote something nice once.
Dunno, just really like this rep thing.

I would like to have a "Dislike" button right next to the "like" button as well. Oh my would I give out some Dislikes... *evil me muahaha*

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Leela's post