Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-05-2013, 09:55 PM
RE: Ok, you got me
Welcome aboard.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-05-2013, 10:13 PM
(29-05-2013 09:52 PM)Peanut Wrote:  
(29-05-2013 09:11 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  We have a super-mod called aurora. Gotta admit, when I first saw your username in the Who's Online list I was like "the fuck does aurora have a light blue name?". Big Grin

Welcome to the forum. Smile

I checked it twice to figure out why "Aurora" was posting a new thread in the "Introductions" part of the forum.

I'm curious, did you originally spell it "Aroura" when you signed up? Or did it tell you that the username was taken when you spelled it the other way?
Aurora spelled the correct way is almost always already taken, on forums, video games, etc, so I automatically use the incorrect spelling Aroura now. If you ever see an Aroura in an MMO, it is probably me Smile

Interesting that I accidently have a similar name to a super mod! At least my avatar should be different, yeah? Hopefully I won't cause too much confusion.

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
~Man in Black
29-05-2013, 11:04 PM
Welcome, Areola!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
30-05-2013, 12:28 AM
(29-05-2013 06:18 PM)Aroura Wrote:  Hello forum members Smile
I have registered and joined here from another atheist forum. I hope to find another place to have discussion about things both important and silly.

So....not sure what else to say. I'm a girl, married 10 years, have one child and will not be having more. I'm a stay-at-home mom but I volunteer a lot at the local grade school. I like to read the Tao, but I don't practice it as a religion or anything. I like to read, period. Sci-fi, fantasy, fiction, mystery, history, anything but romance really. I currently eat, breath and sleep Game of Thrones. Blush

I've been an atheist for about 7 years, but was a heavy doubter who just didn't follow through for about a decade before that. I like to cook and sew, so I'm not exactly a modern woman, even though I have a Bachelors degree in computer science.

So that's me in a nutshell. I'll be happy to answer any questions. And nice to meet you all, in advance. Thumbsup

Hmm...you sound like a female version of me in a lot of ways. Take that how you want. Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
30-05-2013, 07:33 AM
(30-05-2013 12:28 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
I have registered and joined here from another atheist forum. I hope to find another place to have discussion about things both important and silly.

So....not sure what else to say. I'm a girl, married 10 years, have one child and will not be having more. I'm a stay-at-home mom but I volunteer a lot at the local grade school. I like to read the Tao, but I don't practice it as a religion or anything. I like to read, period. Sci-fi, fantasy, fiction, mystery, history, anything but romance really. I currently eat, breath and sleep Game of Thrones. Blush

I've been an atheist for about 7 years, but was a heavy doubter who just didn't follow through for about a decade before that. I like to cook and sew, so I'm not exactly a modern woman, even though I have a Bachelors degree in computer science.

So that's me in a nutshell. I'll be happy to answer any questions. And nice to meet you all, in advance. Thumbsup

Hmm...you sound like a female version of me in a lot of ways. Take that how you want. Tongue

Whatever. YOU sound like a female version of you! Laughat

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
30-05-2013, 07:34 AM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2013 08:01 AM by Erxomai.)
That post was so nice, I made it twice. Drinking Beverage

30-05-2013, 07:56 AM

**sneaks up on you**
Cool

Hey woman **waves**Heart

"Presumably man with hair on fire can be used to cook eggs and bacon..."MorondogLaugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
30-05-2013, 08:36 AM
(29-05-2013 08:43 PM)Aroura Wrote:  Thank you all for the very nice welcome! I admit, I'm curious who the other "Rora" is. Also looking forward to meeting HouseOfCantor (I'm guessing that's a person here, anyway).

And sadly, no, I am not a programmer, though my husband is. I have no idea why I said computer science degree, probably because I hear it 10 times a day from him lately. He's currently finishing his degree, so it's ALL he freaking talks about right now. lol My degree was in electrical engineering. Totally NOT computers. Sorry about that.

Funny site though, I showed it to him, made him laugh. Laughat

I seem to think I have a complete philosophy based partly from the tao te ching and mostly from my ridiculous infatuation with Gwyneth Paltrow; that's what Girly was on about. Thumbsup

Welcome. Hug

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-05-2013, 08:55 AM
(30-05-2013 08:36 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(29-05-2013 08:43 PM)Aroura Wrote:  Thank you all for the very nice welcome! I admit, I'm curious who the other "Rora" is. Also looking forward to meeting HouseOfCantor (I'm guessing that's a person here, anyway).

And sadly, no, I am not a programmer, though my husband is. I have no idea why I said computer science degree, probably because I hear it 10 times a day from him lately. He's currently finishing his degree, so it's ALL he freaking talks about right now. lol My degree was in electrical engineering. Totally NOT computers. Sorry about that.

Funny site though, I showed it to him, made him laugh. Laughat

I seem to think I have a complete philosophy based partly from the tao te ching and mostly from my ridiculous infatuation with Gwyneth Paltrow; that's what Girly was on about. Thumbsup

Welcome. Hug

The Tao of Gwyneth Paltrow. Big Grin

30-05-2013, 09:03 AM
(30-05-2013 08:55 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(30-05-2013 08:36 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I seem to think I have a complete philosophy based partly from the tao te ching and mostly from my ridiculous infatuation with Gwyneth Paltrow; that's what Girly was on about. Thumbsup

Welcome. Hug

The Tao of Gwyneth Paltrow. Big Grin

Man, I used to get spun up and write some crazy shit. Big Grin

I'm not impressed with the arrogance peeking through those words, however, I am impressed it remains a local truth... well, except for that "alignment agenda" bullshit. Big Grin

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post