Okay, I give up.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2014, 08:17 AM
Okay, I give up.
I give up on alcohol. I literally can't have it anymore. I think I have a full-blown allergy to all kinds of alcohol.

It started a few years ago with darks but now I can't even drink lights.

I don't know if it's my body Hulking out or not because it totally rejects the poisoning and removes it.

I can't even get buzzed. After a half a beer, I start feeling sick. Fast forward to two beers and I'm throwing up. Not drunk throwing up. Just vomiting out the alcohol.

Like I said, I don't know if it's an allergy or if it's just my immune system rejecting the poison... regardless, I give up.

I've even started to develop a dislike of the taste now (which I used to LOVE beer) because I'm associating it with nausea and vomiting.

PS:

How many post do you think it will take before this gets KC Law'd?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2014, 08:20 AM
RE: Okay, I give up.
(04-03-2014 08:17 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I give up on alcohol. I literally can't have it anymore. I think I have a full-blown allergy to all kinds of alcohol.

It started a few years ago with darks but now I can't even drink lights.

I don't know if it's my body Hulking out or not because it totally rejects the poisoning and removes it.

I can't even get buzzed. After a half a beer, I start feeling sick. Fast forward to two beers and I'm throwing up. Not drunk throwing up. Just vomiting out the alcohol.

Like I said, I don't know if it's an allergy or if it's just my immune system rejecting the poison... regardless, I give up.

I've even started to develop a dislike of the taste now (which I used to LOVE beer) because I'm associating it with nausea and vomiting.

PS:

How many post do you think it will take before this gets KC Law'd?

Have you mentioned this to a doctor? It might be an allergy but it might be a symptom of something.

at least 2

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
04-03-2014, 08:21 AM
No, I've never been to a doc about it. I honestly never thought too much of it. After all... my body is doing what it's supposed to be doing, right?

04-03-2014, 08:24 AM
(04-03-2014 08:21 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  No, I've never been to a doc about it. I honestly never thought too much of it. After all... my body is doing what it's supposed to be doing, right?

No, in small doses alcohol is good for you.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
04-03-2014, 08:25 AM
(04-03-2014 08:24 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(04-03-2014 08:21 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  No, I've never been to a doc about it. I honestly never thought too much of it. After all... my body is doing what it's supposed to be doing, right?

No, in small doses alcohol is good for you.

I can make it through half a beer (maybe a full beer) before feeling nauseated.

Edit: Keep in mind, I'm 5'8 145lbs with very little body fat.

04-03-2014, 08:25 AM
1. Mods... this is about beer. Please move the thread to the Food section.

2. KC, join the club (but to be honest, I never really liked it in the first place so it was easy to give it up).

3. Your body will thank you for it.

Good job.

04-03-2014, 08:28 AM
(04-03-2014 08:25 AM)DLJ Wrote:  1. Mods... this is about beer. Please move the thread to the Food section.

2. KC, join the club (but to be honest, I never really liked it in the first place so it was easy to give it up).

3. Your body will thank you for it.

Good job.

1) Dodgy It's not completely about beer.
2) Yeah, I was never crazy about alcohol, so it's not going to be hard to give it up.
3) My body is an ungrateful a-hole... I doubt it.

04-03-2014, 08:28 AM
Do you get the same reaction to wine? Or spirits (not whisky) ?
04-03-2014, 08:30 AM
(04-03-2014 08:28 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Do you get the same reaction to wine? Or spirits (not whisky) ?

Yes.

I first noticed it with whisky. That's when I gave up all dark alcohol. Then I noticed it with wine. I just started noticing it with light alcohol and lagers.

04-03-2014, 08:33 AM
(04-03-2014 08:30 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(04-03-2014 08:28 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Do you get the same reaction to wine? Or spirits (not whisky) ?

Yes.

I first noticed it with whisky. That's when I gave up all dark alcohol. Then I noticed it with wine. I just started noticing it with light alcohol and lagers.

I would get this checked out man. Better safe than sorry.