Okay, I give up.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2014, 08:34 AM
RE: Okay, I give up.
(04-03-2014 08:33 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(04-03-2014 08:30 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Yes.

I first noticed it with whisky. That's when I gave up all dark alcohol. Then I noticed it with wine. I just started noticing it with light alcohol and lagers.

I would get this checked out man. Better safe than sorry.

Maybe you're right.

Great... another health thing to get checked out.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2014, 08:36 AM
(04-03-2014 08:17 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I give up on alcohol. I literally can't have it anymore. I think I have a full-blown allergy to all kinds of alcohol.

It started a few years ago with darks but now I can't even drink lights.

I don't know if it's my body Hulking out or not because it totally rejects the poisoning and removes it.

I can't even get buzzed. After a half a beer, I start feeling sick. Fast forward to two beers and I'm throwing up. Not drunk throwing up. Just vomiting out the alcohol.

Like I said, I don't know if it's an allergy or if it's just my immune system rejecting the poison... regardless, I give up.

I've even started to develop a dislike of the taste now (which I used to LOVE beer) because I'm associating it with nausea and vomiting.

PS:

How many post do you think it will take before this gets KC Law'd?

I gave up alcohol about 6 months ago and I don't miss it. It took me quite a while to realise that it was not doing anything good subjectively for me, i.e. I was not getting a "buzz" as you put it. It's just not my drug and because its use is culturally normal and because of peer pressure it took me too long to realise that. I also realised that aside from getting drunk and having a hangover headache it would trigger migraine headaches even after relatively light drinking. Again it took me too long to make the connection. Alcohol is a drug and it is not for everyone--despite cultural messages to the contrary--so just go with what your body is telling you.

My only concern in relation to your post is your liver health and whether you are on any recently started medication which may be interacting with the alcohol to give you those symptoms. If you are not on any medications it might be worthwhile getting your liver function checked just to rule that out as a possible cause of the nausea and vomiting when you consume any alcohol. The sudden onset of the symtoms you describe is a little puzzling. Otherwise, good for you.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chippy's post
04-03-2014, 08:42 AM
Fuckety-fuckety-fuck-fuck!

I'm in the same set as Chippy and KC. Someone please shoot me now!

I only really started drinking when I moved to Sydney (it's in the small print of employment contracts over there).

Beer pressure?

Dodgy

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
04-03-2014, 08:44 AM
(04-03-2014 08:42 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Fuckety-fuckety-fuck-fuck!

I'm in the same set as Chippy and KC. Someone please shoot me now!

I only really started drinking when I moved to Sydney (it's in the small print of employment contracts over there).

Beer pressure?

Dodgy

I almost never drink, maybe a couple times a year and never more than 1 or 2 a night.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
04-03-2014, 09:02 AM
(04-03-2014 08:17 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I give up on alcohol. I literally can't have it anymore. I think I have a full-blown allergy to all kinds of alcohol.

It started a few years ago with darks but now I can't even drink lights.

I don't know if it's my body Hulking out or not because it totally rejects the poisoning and removes it.

I can't even get buzzed. After a half a beer, I start feeling sick. Fast forward to two beers and I'm throwing up. Not drunk throwing up. Just vomiting out the alcohol.

Like I said, I don't know if it's an allergy or if it's just my immune system rejecting the poison... regardless, I give up.

I've even started to develop a dislike of the taste now (which I used to LOVE beer) because I'm associating it with nausea and vomiting.

PS:

How many post do you think it will take before this gets KC Law'd?
That ain't good.. I too love beer. Big fan of Stella! I enjoy a drink and couldn't Imagine not being able to enjoy it. I don't envy you. I do t know if you were a heavy drinker but if you were then you'll probably be healthier.
That said there is always pot!
Oh and it might be a good idea to get that checked out. That don't sound normal...
04-03-2014, 09:21 AM
Pancreas. Get that checked, as well as kidneys and liver. If one of those is not able to metabolize the alcohol something might be up.
[+] 4 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
04-03-2014, 09:23 AM
Alcohol in moderation has benefits for your health and is an age old beverage, i.e. our bodies have long adapted to it as nutrient.

If it makes you sick and you are not an abuser, something is wrong. Go see a doc.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
04-03-2014, 09:25 AM
No booze for this kid either. My wife is an alcoholic, so I can't help associating booze with her struggle to beat her addiction to it. So when she quit drinking, I decided there was no reason for me to drink either. Haven't had booze for over four years now. Plus, I've never liked how it made me feel.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
04-03-2014, 10:42 AM
Seems I'm the odd man out here, they'll have to pry the beer bottle out of my cold dead hands first. Smartass

No shit KC, that shit doesnt sound normal....see a doc ASAP.

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
04-03-2014, 10:46 AM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2014 10:54 AM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
We had a good friend who was actually allergic to alcohol. Their body simply refused to process it and would generally vomit. They figured out later that it was an allergy to wheat that was behind it all.

There was a huge disbelief when they learned that, since eating bread or bread like products didn't seem to bother them -- but oddly it was. When he eliminated all things wheat from their diet, he felt a lot better and a lot of problems he didn't realize were happening just went away.

A trip to the doctor might not be a bad thing.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon