Okay, I give up.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2014, 10:48 AM
RE: Okay, I give up.
Seems there are a lot of us on here with the same mindset. I drink 2 or 3 times a year at the most. I find the whole ritual of drinking loads, talking utter shit then waking up with your head pounding and your pockets empty to be rather pointless. Smile

KC it could be something to get checked out but it possibly is an allergy.

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2014, 10:58 AM
That doesn't sound quite normal, kc. It is possible that it is psychological, but don't risk that - get liver/pancreas tests. This is usually just a blood test.

I have had that reaction, but I was a freakin' alcoholic. It was time to give it up. Yes

I did love my beer with some foods (pizza, Mexican, Szechuan, etc.), so today I drink non-alcoholic beer (not domestic ones; they suck).

N.B. Life without alcohol is no problem. At all.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
04-03-2014, 05:01 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2014 06:09 PM by aurora.)
Yes, good advice. Get checked, can't hurt.
I only drink socially and, as that's not often, I don't drink much at all.
Plus I lose about 20 IQ points when I do Dodgy
Smoke the weed, man, the weed! Cool

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 2 users Like aurora's post
04-03-2014, 05:23 PM
Your liver turns alcohol into an ester. So you could be allergic to something IN the alcohol, or a by-product of it, (or you may not be able to "process" it). I'm allergic to some of the ingredients of cheaper whiskeys, but the more distilled they are, the more I tolerate them. You might have Hepatitis, but if that were the case you'd have other symptoms, (like jaundice, or the "whites" of your eyes would be slightly discolored). If you're fine, except when you drink then you're fine.

All in all, you're probably just old. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
04-03-2014, 05:47 PM
this is just GREAT news for the rest of us KC.................

Tongue Yoooou are now the official designated driver. Tongue

YAY............. drinks are on the house!!!

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 3 users Like WitchSabrina's post
04-03-2014, 06:07 PM
He's buying and driving! I will gladly give you an "AMEN!"

I'm starting to like this religious holiday. Tongue

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
04-03-2014, 08:19 PM
I don't drink and haven't in years...just don't care for it.

Are you taking any kind of meds that may be reacting with the alcohol? Just a thought. If you can't link it to a med or something then definitely see a doctor to see what's going on.

Sort of disappointed the captain of this ship won't be drunk any more though. Tongue

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
04-03-2014, 08:41 PM
(04-03-2014 08:34 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Shoo you dumb cunt!

Man was this place ever not the same without you.

... this is my signature!
04-03-2014, 08:47 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2014 09:25 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(04-03-2014 08:34 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(04-03-2014 10:46 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  We had a good friend who was actually allergic to alcohol. Their body simply refused to process it and would generally vomit. They figured out later that it was an allergy to wheat that was behind it all.

There was a huge disbelief when they learned that, since eating bread or bread like products didn't seem to bother them -- but oddly it was. When he eliminated all things wheat from their diet, he felt a lot better and a lot of problems he didn't realize were happening just went away.

A trip to the doctor might not be a bad thing.

Shoo you dumb cunt!

I see religion has done wonderful things for you.
Jebus loves you, this I know.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
04-03-2014, 11:55 PM
(04-03-2014 08:17 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I can't even get buzzed. After a half a beer, I start feeling sick. Fast forward to two beers and I'm throwing up. Not drunk throwing up. Just vomiting out the alcohol.

I have a hard time with beer too. I think it's the sugars and such combined with the alcohol. I can drink dry red wine, and scotch and pretty much any other booze with low sugar content with no problem.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.