Okay, I give up.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-03-2014, 12:07 AM
RE: Okay, I give up.
(04-03-2014 08:17 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I give up on alcohol. I literally can't have it anymore. I think I have a full-blown allergy to all kinds of alcohol.

It started a few years ago with darks but now I can't even drink lights.

I don't know if it's my body Hulking out or not because it totally rejects the poisoning and removes it.

I can't even get buzzed. After a half a beer, I start feeling sick. Fast forward to two beers and I'm throwing up. Not drunk throwing up. Just vomiting out the alcohol.

Like I said, I don't know if it's an allergy or if it's just my immune system rejecting the poison... regardless, I give up.

I've even started to develop a dislike of the taste now (which I used to LOVE beer) because I'm associating it with nausea and vomiting.

PS:

How many post do you think it will take before this gets KC Law'd?

Well this was always going to happen, KC. You think it to be true.

PS:
31 posts

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2014, 04:21 PM
I went to my neuro today and mentioned this. She wasn't concerned.

She says it sounds like an allergy and to stay away from alcohol.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
05-03-2014, 04:29 PM
do you have any other allergies or foods that bother you? like wheat, gluten, food coloring?

maybe there is a common ingredient that is triggering it? If you decide to try again, try a completely different brand, might help.

alcohol food allergy.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
05-03-2014, 04:32 PM
(05-03-2014 04:21 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I went to my neuro today and mentioned this. She wasn't concerned.

I'm glad. Hug

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-03-2014, 04:46 PM
(05-03-2014 04:29 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  do you have any other allergies or foods that bother you? like wheat, gluten, food coloring?

maybe there is a common ingredient that is triggering it? If you decide to try again, try a completely different brand, might help.

alcohol food allergy.

Nope. No other allergies. Except boiled shrimp. Just boiled shrimp. They make the membrane around my eye swell, so it looks like my eye is melting.

I'm weird.

05-03-2014, 04:47 PM
(05-03-2014 04:46 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 04:29 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  do you have any other allergies or foods that bother you? like wheat, gluten, food coloring?

alcohol food allergy.

Nope. No other allergies. Except boiled shrimp. Just boiled shrimp. They make the membrane around my eye swell, so it looks like my eye is melting.

I'm weird.

No need to state the obvious Tongue

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
05-03-2014, 04:50 PM
(05-03-2014 04:21 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I went to my neuro today and mentioned this. She wasn't concerned.

Neurologist? Neurosurgeon?

Either way, wrong doctor. You need an internist.
You don't ask the electrician about your plumbing problem. Dodgy

It might be an ulcer. It might be another underlying condition.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-03-2014, 04:55 PM
(05-03-2014 04:46 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  

alcohol food allergy.

I'm weird.

Well slow onset of allergy isn't actually all that uncommon so I hear. Though if your body was immediately rejecting alcohol like you said in the OP it could be a liver problem. The way I understand it, there isn't really anywhere for alcohol to be stored so it has to be dealt with somehow before it causes too much trouble, through being broken down or simply rejected back out.

But anything like that would probably end up reflected in blood work.

Of course, this is coming from a guy who developed an inability to deal with milk out of nowhere. I got better though. Mostly.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
05-03-2014, 04:56 PM
(05-03-2014 04:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Neurologist? Neurosurgeon?

Either way, wrong doctor. You need an internist.
You don't ask the electrician about your plumbing problem. Dodgy

It might be an ulcer. It might be another underlying condition.

My neurologist. She was my quickest access to an MD. Besides, I would trust her more over a family practitioner. But yeah, I know you're right. I need to make an appointment with the appropriate doc. I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't something that needed immediate medical attention.

05-03-2014, 05:50 PM
You live in LA and you are allergic to boiled shrimp?

Damn.

Isn't LA the boiled shrimp capital of the world or something?

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller