Okay, so Russia hacked the DNC - what do we do?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2016, 03:16 PM
RE: Okay, so Russia hacked the DNC - what do we do?
(16-12-2016 03:08 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(16-12-2016 03:05 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  Russia didn't hack the DNC lol. Haven't you sheeple heard of Fake News™ on your mainstream media?

You have proof of this?

It's not up to me to prove 'russia' didn't 'hack the DNC' (whatever that means) - it's up to you to prove they did. MSM is acting as if it's factual information inherently and so sheeple think they've bypassed the onus of proof. You haven't

Inb4 appeal to authority "muh couple agencies that I can't even name agreed on it." First of all that's irrelevant. Second, it's fallacious. Third, they said that they couldn't find links between the Kremlin and the hack, only that it had the characteristics of a state lead hacking. Fourth of all, guessing someone's password and leaking its factual information is not a 'hack.'

But hey the MSM said it's real, and that everything that disagrees with it is Fake News™ so I can't blame ya'.

Liberals when will they learn.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-12-2016, 03:26 PM
(16-12-2016 03:16 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(16-12-2016 03:08 PM)Banjo Wrote:  You have proof of this?

It's not up to me to prove 'russia' didn't 'hack the DNC' (whatever that means) - it's up to you to prove they did. MSM is acting as if it's factual information inherently and so sheeple think they've bypassed the onus of proof. You haven't

Inb4 appeal to authority "muh couple agencies that I can't even name agreed on it." First of all that's irrelevant. Second, it's fallacious. Third, they said that they couldn't find links between the Kremlin and the hack, only that it had the characteristics of a state lead hacking. Fourth of all, guessing someone's password and leaking its factual information is not a 'hack.'

But hey the MSM said it's real, and that everything that disagrees with it is Fake News™ so I can't blame ya'.

Liberals when will they learn.
I can't be bothered correcting all those mistakes because you've proven your dishonestly elsewhere. But, as someone who works in IT, I can't let the one about hacking go. First, you don't know a password was guessed. Second, if a password was guessed, you don't know how it was done - for example, by password cracking software, by using personal information commonly used in passwords... Third, yes that is hacking. Any unauthorized access to someone else's computer or network is hacking regardless of the method.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
16-12-2016, 03:27 PM
(16-12-2016 03:26 PM)Impulse Wrote:  I can't be bothered correcting all those mistakes because you've proven your dishonestly elsewhere.

"I'm wrong but can't admit it"

Okay, man.
16-12-2016, 04:17 PM
(16-12-2016 03:27 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(16-12-2016 03:26 PM)Impulse Wrote:  I can't be bothered correcting all those mistakes because you've proven your dishonestly elsewhere.

"I'm wrong but can't admit it"

Okay, man.

[Image: 500.jpg?q=55&auto=format&amp...a78f311f96]

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
16-12-2016, 04:22 PM
(16-12-2016 04:17 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(16-12-2016 03:27 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  "I'm wrong but can't admit it"

Okay, man.

[Image: 500.jpg?q=55&auto=format&amp...a78f311f96]

Well I'm convinced.
16-12-2016, 04:33 PM
(16-12-2016 09:43 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(16-12-2016 09:40 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I don't care if the DNC and John Podesta were hacked. The things we learned showed some serious corruption. Favoring Hillary over Bernie instead of staying neutral. The media and DNC giving Hillary the debate questions ahead of time. The Hillary campain didn't refuse the help. That makes them cheaters. Hillary is a cheater. She also read from notes during debates. If you watch her eyes as she spoke she kept glancing down at the podium, even though prewritten notes were prohibited.

The fact is Hillary lost. It was a combination of causes. Her email server. Wikileaks. Her scripted elitist way of speaking. Her lack of economic message for working class people in the rust belt/midwest. The ACA.

The media is pushing the "russian hackers swayed election" headlines and some people think this means they directly hacked voting machines. And a lot of stupid people out there don't read past the headline.

All of that is totally irrelevant. It would be equally bad if the republicans had been hacked and stuff had been published by a foreign nation, or even Stein or anyone partaking in the election process.

You cannot have any foreign nations messing with our elections, ever, no matter the circumstance.

GOP getting hacked would be equally bad from the perspective of a foreign government influencing an election, but some have attempted to assert a false equivalency of how hacking 'would' have been bad for the GOP : "The Dems were shown to be corrupt through hacked emails; we all 'know' the GOP is just as corrupt; ergo, Russians wanted Trump to be president". We know no such thing. I think you meant "equally bad" from the point of view of foreign influence, but I had to point out the logical fallacy of assuming the GOP had just as much to hide since this assumption is built into most all reporting from mainstream news sources.

Now, on the matter of foreign influence on our election--who really cares? And we are talking about "influence" here (or maybe meddling is the right word), not hacking the election itself or even rigging as Trump likes to call it, and certainly not interfering with voting and tabulation of the results. The Russians stole information and released it to the public, quite likely for the purpose of influencing the election. But so what? Hillary Clinton and her allies made this point continuously during the election, and it did not matter to Trump voters. The voting public were fully aware of the allegation of Russian influence because the Dems made those allegations repeatedly during the election.

It would be something entirely different if the information that was leaked was forged, fabricated, or misleading. But you know what the American people noticed was missing from Democratic talking points on the leaks? Any claim that the leaked information was inaccurate, fabricated, or misleading--that's what was missing. Elections are not conducted by rules of evidence in a court of law--we cannot be told to disregard information showing disreputable and corrupt behavior and pretend we didn't hear it.

One could even argue that in committing theft and leaking DNC information, the Russians (assuming they were responsible) did us a favor. Both parties now will have be less corrupt in their conduct and business for fear that disreputable behavior could one day be used against the party if ever found out. That certainly doesn't earn Russia any sort of reward or commendation--they deserve an appropriate response for their interference.
[+] 1 user Likes BryanS's post
16-12-2016, 04:47 PM
(16-12-2016 04:51 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  It really doesn't matter who hacked the DNC - the intention was to sabotage Clinton. So what are we going to do?

Quote:Clinton said that suspected Russian hacking of Democrats this election cycle likely stemmed from Russian President Vladimir Putin's grudge against her, sources at her "thank you" party for donors Thursday night told CNN.

Clinton rebuked Putin while she was secretary of State, suggesting that the Russian elections were unfair.

According to an NBC report this week, intelligence officials believe Putin was directly involved in orchestrating the cyberattacks on Democrats, and one senior official told the network that it began as a "vendetta" against Clinton.

Clinton gathered major donors Thursday night in New York for a final "thank you" bash. Guests included Vogue editor Anna Wintour, producer Harvey Weinstein and designer Vera Wang, according to CNN.

Sources in the room told CNN that she didn't mention President-elect Donald Trump directly.

But she reportedly said the trove of hacked emails, including messages from her campaign chair John Podesta that were published by WikiLeaks, contributed to her defeat.

Calls are mounting from both sides of the aisle and from the White House for investigations into the hacks. Other reporting on the CIA's assessment of the situation suggests that the goal was not simply to undermine the democratic process, but to tilt the election in Trump's favor.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/r...id=UE01DHP

Putin doesn't like Clinton, or Obama, because they double crossed him. Putin may be claiming the hack to see what we do about it - so, what are we going to do about it? If the electoral college delegates do the deed and elect Clinton, the conservatives are going to go to war.

We not hack the secure system of states of USA. We simply test if security was safe from hack attack of real enemy, no? You should thank the Russian Motherland for this service to people of US states, yes?

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
16-12-2016, 05:33 PM
(16-12-2016 04:33 PM)BryanS Wrote:  
(16-12-2016 09:43 AM)Dom Wrote:  All of that is totally irrelevant. It would be equally bad if the republicans had been hacked and stuff had been published by a foreign nation, or even Stein or anyone partaking in the election process.

You cannot have any foreign nations messing with our elections, ever, no matter the circumstance.

GOP getting hacked would be equally bad from the perspective of a foreign government influencing an election, but some have attempted to assert a false equivalency of how hacking 'would' have been bad for the GOP : "The Dems were shown to be corrupt through hacked emails; we all 'know' the GOP is just as corrupt; ergo, Russians wanted Trump to be president". We know no such thing. I think you meant "equally bad" from the point of view of foreign influence, but I had to point out the logical fallacy of assuming the GOP had just as much to hide since this assumption is built into most all reporting from mainstream news sources.

Now, on the matter of foreign influence on our election--who really cares? And we are talking about "influence" here (or maybe meddling is the right word), not hacking the election itself or even rigging as Trump likes to call it, and certainly not interfering with voting and tabulation of the results. The Russians stole information and released it to the public, quite likely for the purpose of influencing the election. But so what? Hillary Clinton and her allies made this point continuously during the election, and it did not matter to Trump voters. The voting public were fully aware of the allegation of Russian influence because the Dems made those allegations repeatedly during the election.

It would be something entirely different if the information that was leaked was forged, fabricated, or misleading. But you know what the American people noticed was missing from Democratic talking points on the leaks? Any claim that the leaked information was inaccurate, fabricated, or misleading--that's what was missing. Elections are not conducted by rules of evidence in a court of law--we cannot be told to disregard information showing disreputable and corrupt behavior and pretend we didn't hear it.

One could even argue that in committing theft and leaking DNC information, the Russians (assuming they were responsible) did us a favor. Both parties now will have be less corrupt in their conduct and business for fear that disreputable behavior could one day be used against the party if ever found out. That certainly doesn't earn Russia any sort of reward or commendation--they deserve an appropriate response for their interference.

Still completely irrelevant. A foreign nation's head of state ordered hacking in order to disrupt/sway election results. If they had also released trump's taxes it would have been more fair, but it still wouldn't change the fact that our elections have been tampered with. No matter what else transpired, we cannot permit foreign heads of state to mess around with our elections. Ever. For any reason whatsoever.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
16-12-2016, 06:02 PM
(16-12-2016 05:33 PM)Dom Wrote:  Still completely irrelevant. A foreign nation's head of state ordered hacking in order to disrupt/sway election results.
Proof pls.

Quote: our elections have been tampered with.

Releasing someone's emails is not tampering with the elections lol.
16-12-2016, 06:51 PM
(16-12-2016 06:02 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(16-12-2016 05:33 PM)Dom Wrote:  Still completely irrelevant. A foreign nation's head of state ordered hacking in order to disrupt/sway election results.
Proof pls.

Quote: our elections have been tampered with.

Releasing someone's emails is not tampering with the elections lol.

Are you being deliberately obtuse, or is this a natural state of affairs with you?