Okay, who opened the gates?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-05-2014, 09:36 PM
RE: Okay, who opened the gates?
(19-05-2014 09:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(19-05-2014 09:32 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  #1 site is actually named Atheist Forums, so really this is #2.
Not too shabby.

I think there is .com and .org...still #3 Weeping

Oh the humanity!!Sadcryface
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
19-05-2014, 09:42 PM
Solution clear, invite egor back and hold regular debates with him while inviting other forums to participate. NUMBER ONE, NUMBER ONE, NUMBER ONE.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
19-05-2014, 09:44 PM
(19-05-2014 09:42 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Solution clear, invite egor back and hold regular debates with him while inviting other forums to participate. NUMBER ONE, NUMBER ONE, NUMBER ONE.

We have no idea what Egor believes in this week. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
19-05-2014, 11:41 PM
(19-05-2014 09:42 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Solution clear, invite egor back and hold regular debates with him while inviting other forums to participate. NUMBER ONE, NUMBER ONE, NUMBER ONE.

He wasn't quite a troll IMO. He was aggressive and nasty quite a lot but he did genuinely have some stuff to discuss. And he turned into a much nicer guy after he asked to be banned and came back. Still nutty, but less angry nutty.

These new guys are... I dunno, I think it's their mission to make us facepalm ourselves to death.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
20-05-2014, 12:08 AM
(19-05-2014 09:24 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  Typing "atheist forums" into google this site is #3.
That's how I found it.Smile

I promise, I checked to make sure I wasn't tailed before I signed up.Bechased

The mighty spirits led me to this place. I don't remember many details of that night, and I was really hung over the next day. Cool
[+] 2 users Like TheBear's post
20-05-2014, 01:42 AM
Okay, who opened the gates?
(19-05-2014 09:32 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  
(19-05-2014 09:26 PM)Anjele Wrote:  #3...humph...how disappointing.

#1 site is actually named Atheist Forums, so really this is #2.
Not too shabby.

Might be #1 if you look up most hated by theist forums?

if I remember correctly the #1 is Reddit, this is #2, and #3 is Atheistforums.com, which has almost no traffic.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
20-05-2014, 05:33 AM
I recognize one new username as someone who was banned from AF less than two months ago who then went on to create something like ten or twenty socks!
20-05-2014, 06:36 AM
But IT IS closed!!!

[Image: colse_gate.jpg]

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
[+] 11 users Like Thammuz's post
20-05-2014, 07:09 AM
Just gonna put this out there.

Maybe if people didn't feed the trolls, they wouldn't keep coming back. It's like the crazy guy on the street screaming at the wall. If he's just screaming at the wall, onlookers ignore him and keep walking. However, if you make eye contact and engage him, now it's a spectacle. Now there's a back and forth to watch and the crazy guy has an audience. Now he can shout crazy things in response to his new debate partner.

The onlookers aren't looking at the scene thinking "Wow, there's a crazy guy and a rational guy yelling at each other over there. I bet the rational guy has some good points."

They're thinking "look at those two crazy guys shouting at each other."

Just sayin.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 6 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
20-05-2014, 07:11 AM
(19-05-2014 08:10 PM)Anjele Wrote:  So what's with this new flood of theists who don't even pretend to want to play nice and get along?

I really thought the buses would arrive around Easter...not now...yeesh.

Anyone know if the forum was mentioned on some Christian sites or some show or video?

Security! Oh, security...these people are crashing the party.

We have these 'Trollspurts' every year, at least since I've far back as I am aware.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post