Oklahoma criminalizes abortion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-05-2016, 11:39 AM
Oklahoma criminalizes abortion
According to - amongst others - CNN, Washington post and The New York Times, Oklahoma legislature passed a bill that makes it a felony for a doctor to perform an abortion, punishable by revocation of their medical licence.

Read here:
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/05/19/politi...alization/
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/20/us/okl....html?_r=0

Just what the Censored are they thinking?! I personally think abortion is usually not the preferable solution when a yet unborn child could most likely grow up to be a healthy, productive human, but banning it is just insane. Hopefully it gets overturned as unconstitutional, but still, how can a bill like this pass in the nation that sent a man to the Censored moon?!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Naridar's post
20-05-2016, 11:44 AM
RE: Oklahoma criminalizes abortion
*sigh*

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
20-05-2016, 11:44 AM
Ya well, you know women are brood mares and we sure don't need feminism anymore.Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
20-05-2016, 11:52 AM
(20-05-2016 11:44 AM)Dom Wrote:  Ya well, you know women are brood mares and we sure don't need feminism anymore.Tongue

No. No. Feminism is totally useless women have more rights than men. They have rights to body autonomy... oh wait, I guess that's not right.

More of the "stupid state" mentality. We can't afford to give our kids even a crappy education but we can afford to lose unconstitutional court battles daily. Fucking control freaks.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
20-05-2016, 11:55 AM
I assumed the USA is above Saudi Arabia in more regards than not f*cking camels. I rescind that claim. What we need is human rights advocacy.
20-05-2016, 12:07 PM
The governor still has to sign it (or not). Either way she's fucked, but so is the state with a legal battle they will loose and leave the people stranded with the legal bills.

Passed the senate 33-12 and the house 59-9. Is it just me or does that seem really lopsided? The people of OK really elected such overwhelming super majorities of pro-life legislators?
[+] 2 users Like Iñigo's post
20-05-2016, 12:08 PM
So Oklahoma joins Nicaragua, El Salvador, Chile, Malta and Vatican City?

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 1 user Likes Silly Deity's post
20-05-2016, 12:22 PM
I wonder if a group of people can be sued for "legislative maleficence" ?
Someone should try it here.
Everyone knows this will never stand. All it will do is make lawyers rich, and waste judge's time.
Roe v Wade will never be reversed. It's settled law. If this gets signed, there will be an order to put this on hold until a court reviews it.

What was interesting, the SCOTUS sent back the contraception part of the ACC the other day, and told them to "work it out". That was amazing. It may come back to SCOTUS, but by then Hillary will probably have proposed a justice who will agree with the those who don't want to make an exception for those who don't want to provide contraception ... they willingly gave up the chance to have their own way. That was interesting.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
20-05-2016, 12:29 PM
What I truly don't understand is why people living in that state aren't more pissed that their legislators are wasting their tax dollars doing this kind of shit?

It's a waste of money and will be overturned.

I don't care what it is, like making an alience with Klingons or whatever...it's a wasteful use of tax dollars. That is what should upset people...

But the Christian types are claiming it a "win for (only their) freedom". Facepalm

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
20-05-2016, 03:02 PM
Wonderful

Just what the world needs.

More goddamned Okies............

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post